ADVERTISEMENT

Football season tickets for 2024 sold out.

Thats great to see. I'm trying to get amped for football as it is one of my favorite sports, but honestly I think (at least for me) there is still some of the FF run "hangover" as it were so my interest isn't what it usually is.

It seems that there are plenty of people enthused about the team, unlike some others on here.
It seems that there are plenty of people enthused about the team, unlike some others on here.
OR......... it could be that Notre Dame, Nebraska, Oregon, Northwestern, and Penn State fans found it easier and more economical to buy season tickets and sell the games they don't want than buy the leftover single game tickets in the end zone.

OR......... it could be that Notre Dame, Nebraska, Oregon, Northwestern, and Penn State fans found it easier and more economical to buy season tickets and sell the games they don't want than buy the leftover single game tickets in the end zone.

Or plenty of people enthused about this team.

If you want to pout at home on tv, go right ahead. Free country.

I bet that’s it. Probably has nothing to do with Walter’s and a team that’s looking like it could be fairly decent in year two.

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
Always the downer! Still peddling that "white gas" from your scout days? LOL

Reactions: cillerdo
A bit ignorant to make a big deal out of it if it occurs.
I didn t make a big deal out of it. I’m just pointing out the obvious while others choose to ignore or interpret as something it may not be.

I’m bullish on this season. I think we can be more than decent…but a lot of things on gameday need to improve to get there.

I’m not the one who’s in disbelief that we sold out. The excitement for college football overall has never been higher. We should be able to sell 40k season tickets in a major conference. I’m not discounting the achievement…but you also can’t discount that we might have sold 3-5k extra season tickets to fans that will be visiting

I didn t make a big deal out of it. I’m just pointing out the obvious while others choose to ignore or interpret as something it may not be.

I’m bullish on this season. I think we can be more than decent…but a lot of things on gameday need to improve to get there.

I’m not the one who’s in disbelief that we sold out. The excitement for college football overall has never been higher. We should be able to sell 40k season tickets in a major conference. I’m not discounting the achievement…but you also can’t discount that we might have sold 3-5k extra season tickets to fans that will be visiting
3-5k is a very small number compared to what you implied. But I doubt it

Reactions: cillerdo
Does this count 15k students?
Yes, I believe so. I think the student allotment sold out in a couple of days. What I don't know is how many have to be allocated for visiting teams (I found one reference of 2500, but I would think it be a percentage, not a flat number). still, that's around another 5%, and they sell a TON of the 3 game passes ($99?) so I would expect a crowded house for most games.

Reactions: BoilerN
Yes, I believe so. I think the student allotment sold out in a couple of days. What I don't know is how many have to be allocated for visiting teams (I found one reference of 2500, but I would think it be a percentage, not a flat number). still, that's around another 5%, and they sell a TON of the 3 game passes ($99?) so I would expect a crowded house for most games.
I'm sure many of those student tickets were just Notre Dame, Oregon or Penn State fans who enrolled at Purdue only to get tickets to their team's game.

It’s not. At this point it’s the difference between sold out and not
I bet 3-5k Purdue fans would buy that many between now and the ND game. I’m sure many of the tickets were bought by opposing fans but I also think it’s more that we have a really good schedule this year. Friday night lights vs Oregon, the ND game, and Penn State on senior day is worth it by themselves.

Good for Purdue fans though as there are $2 tickets on stubhub!

I bet 3-5k Purdue fans would buy that many between now and the ND game. I’m sure many of the tickets were bought by opposing fans but I also think it’s more that we have a really good schedule this year. Friday night lights vs Oregon, the ND game, and Penn State on senior day is worth it by themselves.

Good for Purdue fans though as there are $2 tickets on stubhub!
You are sure… so you keep claiming this with no evidence. Why so negative about Purdue football?

Reactions: z_one
You are sure… so you keep claiming this with no evidence. Why so negative about Purdue football?
Really? Yes I’m sure at least two opposing fans bought season tickets. My point was I’m in agreement some of the season tickets went to fans but I really think a lot of PURDUE fans bought season tickets due to a great schedule this year.

Really? Yes I’m sure at least two opposing fans bought season tickets. My point was I’m in agreement some of the season tickets went to fans but I really think a lot of PURDUE fans bought season tickets due to a great schedule this year.

What does it matter? The fact is Purdue sold out their season tickets this year. That is a good thing, compared to some B1G school who does not sell out their season tickets.

For anyone who gets their jollies trying to turn any positive momentum for Purdue into a negative, that’s really sad.

No no no, you said 3-5k.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT