ADVERTISEMENT

First time in a long time,

Originally posted by jadeezra:
If we beat msu, then msu will be fighting for a tourney spot
Obviously, tonight's game is huge for both teams, but the two weekend games:

Michigan State @ Indiana
Illinois @ Purdue

are just as big. It's possible two or three of those could be out. Candidly, I could see any of those teams losing or winning this weekend. Purdue just needs to play disciplined and focused, and they should be alright. But we've seen enough slip-ups to know anything can happen.

Iowa looks like they'll be 12-6.....wins @ UNC, Ohio State, and Indiana.....no way they're left out now even if they somehow lose again to NW

If you "buy" at least six bids from the Big Ten.....I think four are "locked" up.....I know those who will argue about Ohio State, but I think they're in even if they lose to Wisconsin.

So.....those four are "battling" for what looks like two bids.....but you never know.....the committee doesn't really look at it on an individual conference-by-conference basis. The bids just start shrinking.....you don't want to be on the bubble any year, but this year, I just have a feeling some upsets are going to happen in the conference tournaments to make things near the bubble much worse for teams trying to get in. Unlike the last couple of years, some "better" teams might be left out.

It should be interesting though.

Almost every projected bracket has the B1G with at least 7 teams in (some have 8). I think there is still a possibility 8 will make it if they do well in the BTT. MSU would have to lose to us, IU and lose first game in the BTT to even be considered a bubble team. I think they are in.

Originally posted by *4purdue*:
Almost every projected bracket has the B1G with at least 7 teams in (some have 8). I think there is still a possibility 8 will make it if they do well in the BTT. MSU would have to lose to us, IU and lose first game in the BTT to even be considered a bubble team. I think they are in.
4, I hear you. We just have a difference of opinion, but you may very well be right about Michigan State. I can't see them losing three straight like that. maybe it's Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois playing for one/two bids in essence.

I would be shocked if eight teams made it and pleasantly surprised if seven teams made it.

I expect six teams to make it, but if there were some "meltdowns" from a couple of teams and a couple of huge upsets in conference tournaments....I could see it playing out as five.

We'll know more tonight.

The iowa win last night was good for us. It helps give us another top 50 RPI win as that win should solidly them in the top 50.
An IU win against MSU should help get them back into the top 50 RPI and which helps our two wins look better.

We do need to win out if at all possible. I think we get in if we split or even drop both, but I am not comfortable with that at all.

Let's go get a good road win and take care of business at home.

BTFU!

I have a coworker that went to Wisconsin and absolutely hates Crean from back when he was at Marquette. We have held this theory that Izzo would throw an IU game just so his weird little buddy could gain traction down there, knowing that he'd never actually poise a serious threat to MSU as a program. Now, if Purdue wins tonight, Izzo really can't afford to throw the IU game for a "teaching moment" for MSU, seeing as another home loss puts them on the bubble. So if we win tonight, that could spell the end of Tom Crean.

It's a theory.

Izzo throw a game.....

Never happen. Could we lose? Sure just like we could lose at home on senior night to you guys. We have been so inconsistent anything is possible.

Originally posted by proudopete:
The iowa win last night was good for us. It helps give us another top 50 RPI win as that win should solidly them in the top 50.
An IU win against MSU should help get them back into the top 50 RPI and which helps our two wins look better.

We do need to win out if at all possible. I think we get in if we split or even drop both, but I am not comfortable with that at all.

Let's go get a good road win and take care of business at home.

BTFU!
Iowa was already in the top 50 RPI (47 to 35). IU losing to Iowa moved IU out of the top 50 RPI (46 to 54), so the loss cost us two top 50 RPI wins.

I believe it is when you played them, not where they end up.....

IU was top 50 when we beat them, so was Iowa and O$U.....

We win tonight or Saturday and we are in.....

We loses both we need to do some work in Big Ten Tourney.

I think we win both and make this all moot.

Hypothetically, you always want a team you play twice in to beat a team you only play once. The Iowa win not only hurts Purdue's RPI and top 50 wins, but also makes their best win look less significant.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by PU52Chevy:
I believe it is when you played them, not where they end up.....

IU was top 50 when we beat them, so was Iowa and O$U.....

We win tonight or Saturday and we are in.....

We loses both we need to do some work in Big Ten Tourney.

I think we win both and make this all moot.
If you look at the ESPN RPI site, Indiana is now shown as wins in RPI 51-100, so I don't think it is where they are when you beat them, but where they are at the end of the season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/groupId/7/teamId/2509

My mistake. I was too last to look it up.

Either way we are in a spot where winning will lock us in. It feels good to be in this position again.

I also couldn't being myself to root for IU. They are just bad and this year is about leaving disappointment behind.

I think I will not root for either iu or msu . Kind of irrelevant if Purdue doesn't get a couple wins so as usual I will just root for the Boilers and leave the irrelevant riff raft to themselves.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT