ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Bill Self. NM

Kansas, Virginia, Duke, Arizona,NC(no show) etc

We are in good company…..except ours was by FDU, ugly

Houston in a tough one…

Reactions: indyogb
lol, I love how we keep making these posts with coaches who have National titles 😂😂

And he’ he wasn’t even coaching this game - so pressed to cape for paint
Do you not remember the scsndal at kansas. Self the cheater and kansas got very little in punishment

Regarding the players, these are young men working hard, giving their all, shortcomings exposed, some talent needed, but it’s not personal! Keep it real! If that’s your son……
Painter is a high quality man/coach, rare these days, he needs a creative assistant in his ear….calling the guy names, firing him, etc., those folks need some balance in their cereal bowl

• Love
Reactions: Do Dah Day
Regarding the players, these are young men working hard, giving their all, shortcomings exposed, some talent needed, but it’s not personal! Keep it real! If that’s your son……
Painter is a high quality man/coach, rare these days, he needs a creative assistant in his ear….calling the guy names, firing him, etc., those folks need some balance in their cereal bowl
This is big boy basketball. If you dont want to read it, don’t play high profile college sports.
Not everyone gets a participation trophy.

Kansas, Virginia, Duke, Arizona,NC(no show) etc

We are in good company…..except ours was by FDU, ugly

Houston in a tough one…
Honestly, don't care who we lose to.

Does this mean Kansas sucks? Since they lost to a higher seed. Just curious

Reactions: Boiler Buck
The point is, these teams are all out too this year. Yes they have had previous success that Purdue hasn’t, as well as about 200 other schools.

This is big boy basketball. If you dont want to read it, don’t play high profile college sports.
Not everyone gets a participation trophy.
True, big time college athletics, unfortunately it brings out big time jerk comments from folks needing some life perspective

It is not a disgrace to lose to a Power 5 Conference. Our loss does.

Some sports articles have been saying it was the biggest upset in NCAA Tournament history. Fair or unfair. Not sure if it isn’t close to the truth.
I think it was technically, by the point spread before the game (FDU +22.5). Although, UVA was nearly a 20 point favorite and lost by 20, so the difference between the spread and outcome was larger in that case.

Regardless, it is almost certainly the worst loss in Purdue basketball history. ...replacing last year's tournament loss for the crown. :/

It is not a disgrace to lose to a Power 5 Conference. Our loss does.

Some sports articles have been saying it was the biggest upset in NCAA Tournament history. Fair or unfair. Not sure if it isn’t close to the truth.
I love what Matt Painter stands for, and the superlative quality of the young men he’s recruited to Purdue. He does things the right way and in virtually all respects, he has been a superb representative of our university….

At the same time, Matt is an abysmally poor tournament coach- arguably the worst in NCAA history.

Two sides of the same coin……

There is no comparison.

Kansas lost to an 8 seed from a power 5 conference with a NET rating of 21. The NET rating is higher than any other B1G team other than Purdue.

Purdue lost to the 68 seed in the tournament that had a NET rating of 300.

See the difference?

Reactions: bonefish1
Yes ours was to fdu and tough but all these fire painter comments a
I love what Matt Painter stands for, and the superlative quality of the young men he’s recruited to Purdue. He does things the right way and in virtually all respects, he has been a superb representative of our university….

At the same time, Matt is an abysmally poor tournament coach- arguably the worst in NCAA history.

Two sides of the same coin……
Look up Fran McCafferey’s tournament resume. 12 NCAA tourney’s never past the 1st weekend

• Wow
Reactions: Nohesitation_79
Look up Fran McCafferey’s tournament resume. 12 NCAA tourney’s never past the 1st weekend
That’s why I used the term “arguably”…

I’m really not interested in comparing levels of March sucktitude.

Unfortunately for us, Painter more than holds his own in this category, right?

Just stop. If you think it's the same as the reasons to fire Painter, you're delusional.

Has Painter made a final four? Has Painter won multiple national titles?

Has Self lost to a 16 seed, a 15 seed, a 12 seed, and an 11 seed?

Terrible, stupid comparison. Fire Painter.
Don't forget the 13 seed he lost to as well, North Texas.🤣

Reactions: boiler-deuce
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT