ADVERTISEMENT

Final 96-71 Iowa

MichaelRR

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 17, 2022
Worst part of this is I think we played one of our best games of the year, they are just that much better than us.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Purdue is below average athletically, that has to start changing, if not they’ll be a mid tier Big Ten team year after year. Girls like Terry, Layden, Harper, Ellis don’t seem to be great athletes, not bad players but can’t compete with top players. On good teams all would be off the bench players.

Reactions: MichaelRR
Purdue is below average athletically, that has to start changing, if not they’ll be a mid tier Big Ten team year after year. Girls like Terry, Layden, Harper, Ellis don’t seem to be great athletes, not bad players but can’t compete with top players. On good teams all would be off the bench players.
Not sure we will be a mid tier team this year, and certainly more doubtful about next year.

They are better because they have better players at pretty much every position all the way down the bench.
We get better playing teams like this. Ellis off the chart with hustle plays, but if people want to complain about Clark whining, seems Ellis is doing that more and more. Harper Sr did well just slow, Jones concerned me with the excessive shots initially, MA looked intimidated at first but seemed to settle in. High ceiling for her. Like her game, a lot. Layden Sr played safe, struggled to keep up, stood on perimeter, refused to shoot to protect her stat line. Textbook her. Again, if she can’t win, she won’t play hard. Liked JT connecting but she kind of disappears at times. Happy to see some shots fall for her. At least most of the girls competed. Just need everyone to compete, all the time, to become a top tier team.

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
We get better playing teams like this. Ellis off the chart with hustle plays, but if people want to complain about Clark whining, seems Ellis is doing that more and more. Harper Sr did well just slow, Jones concerned me with the excessive shots initially, MA looked intimidated at first but seemed to settle in. High ceiling for her. Like her game, a lot. Layden Sr played safe, struggled to keep up, stood on perimeter, refused to shoot to protect her stat line. Textbook her. Again, if she can’t win, she won’t play hard. Liked JT connecting but she kind of disappears at times. Happy to see some shots fall for her. At least most of the girls competed. Just need everyone to compete, all the time, to become a top tier team.
Need a massive talent upgrade to compete with the top teams more than anything else. An upgrade to the high school offensive scheme we run would be nice and LONG overdue.

Reactions: HoopDad317
Not a coach s don't know if the scheme shuld be different or just that we don't have the correct type of players to run that scheme. Any coachess on heeeeeeeere and I don't mean people who think they are a coach

Not a coach s don't know if the scheme shuld be different or just that we don't have the correct type of players to run that scheme. Any coachess on heeeeeeeere and I don't mean people who think they are a coach
We are still running the same scheme that Versyp ran. She learned it at Benton Central in her first coaching job. It was installed there by Jan Conner, a legendary coach who went on to win state titles at Martinsville but took BC to the state finals in 89 pre class basketball. It was a nice basic offense back in the day. Its dated at this point and we need to move to something more sophisticated IMHO. It's predicated on a strong post presence that will command a double when they catch the ball in the low post and doesn't utilize off ball screens or much player movement without the ball

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT