ADVERTISEMENT

FEMA running out of money?

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
Why is FEMA running out of money according to this recent AP article?

With hurricane season just starting in June with no big ones until this monster.......and help is just getting going now .....

Would be interested if anyone knows why money is short?

With hurricane season just starting in June with no big ones until this monster.......and help is just getting going now .....

Because $10 billion got pulled from the three month stopgap legislation to keep the government running. It did include $20 billion but there are fears it won't be enough.

Because $10 billion got pulled from the three month stopgap legislation to keep the government running. It did include $20 billion but there are fears it won't be enough.

Might be. But you are saying they put back twice as much as they took?? So...perhaps that's not it

Although these administration actions might have eaten up a chunk too.....

$640 million here ..

$25 million here.....

$74.4 million here ..

Last edited:

we shouldn't send another penny to Ukraine until the areas impacted by the Helene are completely rebuilt.

we shouldn't send another penny to Ukraine until the areas impacted by the Helene are completely rebuilt.

Some think that is a separate issue.

But generally this goes along with my post above of giving money to non American illegals instead of having money for American Citizens.

When you spend big $ on illegals and then hurricane season gets here, and you are crying about money possibly being short.....that's an example of bad government.

Last edited:
No. Israel is our most important ally in the middle east and is being attacked by terrorists who chant 'death to America". They deserve our support.
Ukraine is not an important ally.
And Russia is not our enemy. I mean, just say it. They have thousands of warheads aimed at us but they're not our enemy.

We should stand by and do nothing when an authoritarian super power invades a sovereign country, who also happens to be a democracy, albeit a struggling one. Spreading and defending democracy around the world is no longer our concern. Just say it so I know exactly where you stand.

And Russia is not our enemy. I mean, just say it. They have thousands of warheads aimed at us but they're not our enemy.

We should stand by and do nothing when an authoritarian super power invades a sovereign country, who also happens to be a democracy, albeit a struggling one. Spreading and defending democracy around the world is no longer our concern. Just say it so I know exactly where you stand.
I'll say it: "I don't really care about Ukraine." There, do you feel better now?
Ukraine is not an ally nor a strategic partner.
As I said previously, it Russia taking over Ukraine means a larger threat to the region, you would think that Germany, France, Poland, Italy, etc would be the one's providing the most assistance, not the US.

If China invades Taiwan, do we go to war with China?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT