ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Hunter Jr.

takedownboiler

Sophomore
Nov 15, 2005
I saw on KC there is a 2pg thread going on about him. I know one of Eric's high school coaches personally. Just spoke with him and he seems to think Purdue has absolutely zero chance. Says Eric hates IU with a passion but would go there over us. X and Butler race right now for him. I guess I hope ground can be made and change the kids mind.

I saw on KC there is a 2pg thread going on about him. I know one of Eric's high school coaches personally. Just spoke with him and he seems to think Purdue has absolutely zero chance. Says Eric hates IU with a passion but would go there over us. X and Butler race right now for him. I guess I hope ground can be made and change the kids mind.

why no interest in purdue?

So you're saying there's a ch...wait...there's no chance? Lol. Does anyone have a list of "diamonds in the rough", potential 5th year seniors, or football players with no Rivals basketball profiles? I want to get serious about our next class.

Reactions: sucram
So you're saying there's a ch...wait...there's no chance? Lol. Does anyone have a list of "diamonds in the rough", potential 5th year seniors, or football players with no Rivals basketball profiles? I want to get serious about our next class.

I'm starting a list of whiny little girls:

1. NashvilleBoiler

I'm starting a list of whiny little girls:

1. NashvilleBoiler

Lol...you sir, need a hobby. Defending CMP is becoming too time consuming for you. Me thinks you doth protest too much as CMP is 0 for '17 and '18 so far. Enjoy your weekend. :)

What's your prediction for tomorrow?

Lol...you sir, need a hobby. Defending CMP is becoming too time consuming for you. Me thinks you doth protest too much as CMP is 0 for '17 and '18 so far. Enjoy your weekend. :)

What's your prediction for tomorrow?

When you are whining about 2017 and 2018 recruiting at this point in time, you really don't have much and you come off ..... like a whiny little girl.

Awe...that's all you've got...sorry little buddy.

You don't bring anything to the table that needs refuting. Just throwing a tantrum about our coach and labeling him something that isn't even remotely supportable. And when someone throws an irrational tantrum, they remind me of a whiny little girl.

You don't bring anything to the table that needs refuting. Just throwing a tantrum about our coach and labeling him something that isn't even remotely supportable. And when someone throws an irrational tantrum, they remind me of a whiny little girl.
A tantrum would be better defined as someone (or a group of someones) that throw a fit any time an opinion different from their own is posted. You see little guy...they're all just opinions.

A tantrum would be better defined as someone (or a group of someones) that throw a fit any time an opinion different from their own is posted. You see little guy...they're all just opinions.

No. In this analogy, I'm the parent who must correct the child throwing the tantrum. I'm just a good guy like that. Always willing to help.

Last edited:
Why no interest? I really have no idea. When I saw the thread on KC. I called my friend. I know I wouldn't want the story about my dad brought up by Purdue fans every time my name was mentioned tho. I'm sure that doesn't help at all. As soon as we started recruiting him it's all ppl were talking about

Honestly, I take no sides on the Painter argument. I think both sides have made good points. I have fallen off both sides of the fence. The name calling just ruins the conversation.

Bottom line is if a kid doesn't want to come to your school there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Not one of us wants to be married to every person we date. Doesn't mean there's something really wrong with them but they just weren't the one. Come to think of it current recruiting trends mirror current marriage trends. If it doesn't work out just ditch it and look for another place to land instead of making the most of what you have.

Bottom line is if a kid doesn't want to come to your school there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Not one of us wants to be married to every person we date. Doesn't mean there's something really wrong with them but they just weren't the one. Come to think of it current recruiting trends mirror current marriage trends. If it doesn't work out just ditch it and look for another place to land instead of making the most of what you have.

Except the NCAA is a terrible "marriage" counselor....

Reactions: Inspector100
I hope no one takes the time to do too much background research on this, but I don't know where you guys are getting your information from. Granted, it's been a few years, but I taught him when he was in 8th grade, and he had serious interest in Purdue. He was on a dynamic 8th grade team that literally blew other teams out by 70+ points. It was insane watching them. And, I had almost all of them in class. But, when I asked their coach at the time (I haven't worked at that school in years, and I don't remember his name), he said the 1 player that had the most D-1 potential was Eric. So, I talked to him about Purdue, asking if he had interest in Purdue (to use as discipline if he got out of line), and I could contact an assistant coach for him, if he was good, etc. At that time, and again, I acknowledge that it's been a few years, but he was extremely interested. So, I contacted an assistant that isn't there anymore, Micah Shrewsberry I think, and opened a dialogue.
(But, then I left that school and Micah left Purdue, so that broke down too), but my point is that I can attest to him being interested in Purdue for many years. If something happened between these years, I don't know, but he used to be very interested...

From everything I have heard, Hunter would be a great addition to the team. It is time we benefitted from one of those "fast risers" like G-Rob III. They are easy to miss when a coach works the long game and doesn't nourish a relationship with every possible player. In this case, his ranking will not reflect his impact on the game.

:cool:

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER and BBG
From everything I have heard, Hunter would be a great addition to the team. It is time we benefitted from one of those "fast risers" like G-Rob III. They are easy to miss when a coach works the long game and doesn't nourish a relationship with every possible player. In this case, his ranking will not reflect his impact on the game.

:cool:
This is the main benefit to not giving out all your scholarships early. We didn't have one for GR3 by the time he blew up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT