ADVERTISEMENT

Enjoying this in the moment

northside100

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2001
I'm not telling anyone else how they should approach this season as a fan, but I'm trying to enjoy every moment. I ultimately care about the NCAAT results more than anything else for this season and it's tempting for me to take every weakness and setback as a sign that the roof is going to fall in in March. I'd feel more comfortable if Braden and Fletch were juniors, where hopefully Braden will be more consistent and Fletch will not as easily be physically pushed around, but the reality is that this roster construction is not perfect, but it's very good. I'll likely look back in twenty years and be amazed by a team that started the season 16-2 against the toughest schedule in the country and manhandled IU in Assembly Hall despite playing a good but not great game.

I hope you all are enjoying this season as well. We'll all be pissed and worried when there are setbacks but I hope that doesn't prevent you from taking joy in the high points like last night.

Last edited:
I'm not telling anyone else how they should approach this season as a fan, but I'm trying to enjoy every moment. I ultimately care about the NCAAT results more than anything else for this season and it's it's tempting for me to take every weakness and setback as a sign that the roof is going to fall in in March. I'd feel more comfortable if Braden and Fletch were juniors, where hopefully Braden will be more consistent and Fletch will not as easily be physically pushed around, but the reality is that this roster construction is not perfect, but it's very good and I'll likely look back in twenty years and be amazed by a team that started the season 16-2 against the toughest schedule in the country and manhandled IU in Assembly Hall despite while playing a good but not great game.

I hope you all are enjoying this season as well. We'll all be pissed and worried when there are setbacks but I hope that doesn't prevent you from taking joy in the high points like last night.
Fletch not easily pushed around?! Didn’t you see him push X Johnson to the ground last night with a ton of force?! X was writhing in pain!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT