ADVERTISEMENT

ECU fires coach…

It depends on what you want, and I would prefer a new coach to be someone how is a head coach and has a had a solid record, both of which seem unimportant to the current AD! We do not need try to elevate another DC or OC to a position they are not qualified for, an I don't believe the AD understands that!
Why do you think the AD doesn’t understand that?

I disagree. Nothing to prove that he didn’t do his diligence
Umm … what team are you watching? BoBo doesn’t get to hire the worst coach in all cfb and then deserve our trust to fix the situation with the next hire. He was a bad AD pick from the beginning and now he’s clearly in over his head and doesn’t know what to do. It was the worst kept secret in WL that Brohm was leaving (Brian Brohms wife started telling everyone who would listen in July), and BoBo with all that lead time convinced himself that it wasn’t going to happen - he got caught completely off guard and CRW was the result of a rushed process and poor judgement. Being an AD is a big boy job, and BoBo consistently fails at running his department. He’d already be gone if it weren’t for Painter, and BoBo deserves no credit there.

In retrospect, it looks more and more like the ONLY person who didn't realize that Brohm would leave was Bobinski!

Why wasn't Brohm willing to help ease the the transition to his successor, and ensure at least a modicum of organization?? Why wasn't some type of glide path in place ??

oh I forgot , he marooned his brother at Purdue as a sham "coach" for a couple weeks to oversee a bowl game debacle as he prepared for his coronation.

I guess we all should be grateful for a few seasons of fun fake punts and a smattering of memorable upsets, mixed in with a whole lot of "meh"

Purdue was totally and thoroughly played by this guy.
Blame to go around. Should Bobinski have been more prepared for Brohm to leave? Absolutely.

Should Brohm have been more clear that he was going to leave if Louisville opened up? Also yes.

There's a clear difference in Brohms recruiting as we got to the last season he was here. It was his one of, if not his worst class at Purdue. We knew at the end of the prior season that Satterfield was on a hot seats, I mean we talked about it here. I'm pretty sure Brohm knew it too, and obviously there was discussion with Louisville during the season.

There was a path where Brohm leaves, gives Bobinski a heads up which allows Purdue to start their search earlier. Neither took that path, bc one has little loyalty to us and the other was poorly prepared (or blind).

Good coaches turned us down. I'm guessing they saw the same roster we did and said nah. So yeah they took a chance on Walters. They also went cheap by going Walters. They are going to have to open up the pocketbook for the next coach AND for the players he's going to need to get to come here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT