ADVERTISEMENT

EB will not be able to handle any true B10 Center

We may finish around 6th in conference, but at this point the only way we are making the tournament is to win the BTT.

This isnt true. Purdue is an 8 seed in Lunardis latest bracketology. People dont understand the metrics that work for and against teams with the selection committee so they make comments like this.

Purdue is in if they win 10 or more conference games along with their remaining non con schedule. And if they finish 6th, 10+ wins is a guarantee. The SOS is such a strong metric in their favor which will get them in.

Last year Oklahoma was 18-13 (8-10) and got in comfortably as an at large 10 seed.

Two years ago, MSU was 19-14 (10-8) and got in comfrotably as a 9 seed.

Two years ago, Vandy was 19-15 (10-8) and got in comfortably as a 9 seed.

They all had really strong SOS metrics.

Now, contrast that with last years Nebraska. Nebraska was 22-11(13-5) and didnt get in despite their record. Why is that? SOS was not strong.

Purdue is a lock to have a top 25 SOS when its all said and done this year due to the strength of the B1G along with their brutal non con schedule. If they get to 10 conference wins, theyre in. Especially now that the committee is also taking KenPom into account this year for once.

This isnt true. Purdue is an 8 seed in Lunardis latest bracketology. People dont understand the metrics that work for and against teams with the selection committee so they make comments like this.

Purdue is in if they win 10 or more conference games along with their remaining non con schedule. And if they finish 6th, 10+ wins is a guarantee. The SOS is such a strong metric in their favor which will get them in.

Last year Oklahoma was 18-13 (8-10) and got in comfortably as an at large 10 seed.

Two years ago, MSU was 19-14 (10-8) and got in comfrotably as a 9 seed.

Two years ago, Vandy was 19-15 (10-8) and got in comfortably as a 9 seed.

They all had really strong SOS metrics.

Now, contrast that with last years Nebraska. Nebraska was 22-11(13-5) and didnt get in despite their record. Why is that? SOS was not strong.

Purdue is a lock to have a top 25 SOS when its all said and done this year due to the strength of the B1G along with their brutal non con schedule. If they get to 10 conference wins, theyre in. Especially now that the committee is also taking KenPom into account this year for once.
Strength of schedule means nothing if you don't win any of the games that make your SOS good. You referenced Lunardi. You can find in this post where I referenced Jerry Palm (a Purdue grad), and pointed out that he didnt have us in. Not even last 4 out.

Last year Oklahoma had wins against Oregon, USC, and at Wichita State in Non con.

MSU had a win against Wichita State.

Vandy had a win vs Iowa State.

We will not be in the tournament at 18-13. It's very likely our record is actually worse than 18-13 at the end of the year.

Strength of schedule means nothing if you don't win any of the games that make your SOS good. You referenced Lunardi. You can find in this post where I referenced Jerry Palm (a Purdue grad), and pointed out that he didnt have us in. Not even last 4 out.

Last year Oklahoma had wins against Oregon, USC, and at Wichita State in Non con.

MSU had a win against Wichita State.

Vandy had a win vs Iowa State.

We will not be in the tournament at 18-13. It's very likely our record is actually worse than 18-13 at the end of the year.

Well youre the one that said if Purdue finishes 6th, so if they finish 6th that means theyre winning 10 conference games at minimum so thats the hypothetical Im going off - the one you put forward.

Now, in that hypothetical, winning 10+ games in conference means Purdue will by default have some good wins considering how many good wins the B1G affords.

Purdue already has a win over Maryland.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Well youre the one that said if Purdue finishes 6th, so if they finish 6th that means theyre winning 10 conference games at minimum so thats the hypothetical Im going off - the one you put forward.

Now, in that hypothetical, winning 10+ games in conference means Purdue will by default have some good wins considering how many good wins the B1G affords.

Purdue already has a win over Maryland.
Finishing 6th is the ceiling for this team imo given the schedule. I believe we actually finish 8-12 or 9-11 in conference. I believe we start our next conference stretch 0-3 with losses to Iowa, @MSU, and @Wisconsin. We only get to play the scrubs of the conference 1 time each.

Finishing 6th is the ceiling for this team imo given the schedule. I believe we actually finish 8-12 or 9-11 in conference. I believe we start our next conference stretch 0-3 with losses to Iowa, @MSU, and @Wisconsin. We only get to play the scrubs of the conference 1 time each.

Thats fine to think that, but youre the one who said they can finish 6th and still wont go dancing without winning the BTT. That is highly likely to be wrong. Finishing 6th means 10+ wins, which paired with their strength of schedule, would mean they not only get in but probably get in confortably as a 8-10 seed based on recent examples with 3 of the exact same types of resumes used the past 2 years.

Remember, its not about what you think, its about what the committee does.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Thats fine to think that, but youre the one who said they can finish 6th and still wont go dancing without winning the BTT. That is highly likely to be wrong. Finishing 6th means 10+ wins, which paired with their strength of schedule, would mean they not only get in but probably get in confortably as a 8-10 seed based on recent examples with 3 of the exact same types of resumes used the past 2 years.

Remember, its not about what you think, its about what the committee does.
I have them at 8 or 9 wins in the Big Ten. I dont know what place that puts them. It doesnt put them in the tournament though. And like I already pointed out the examples you gave of teams with similar resumes had key non conference wins which we dont have.

I have them at 8 or 9 wins in the Big Ten. I dont know what place that puts them. It doesnt put them in the tournament though. And like I already pointed out the examples you gave of teams with similar resumes had key non conference wins which we dont have.

That doesnt matter lol. Youre either trolling or missing the point. If Purdue beats Wisconsin and Nebraska to go with their already strong Maryland win and end up with 10+ conference wins, its not going to matter that those wins came in conference, theyre still top 25 wins and quad 1 wins.

You said before 10-10.

That doesnt matter lol. Youre either trolling or missing the point. If Purdue beats Wisconsin and Nebraska to go with their already strong Maryland win and end up with 10+ conference wins, its not going to matter that those wins came in conference, theyre still top 25 wins and quad 1 wins.
Maryland is not a quad 1 win. I'm starting to think you really just don't understand any of this stuff. Maryland is #40 in the NET rankings. For a home game it has to be top 25 to be a Q1 win.

Maryland is not a quad 1 win. I'm starting to think you really just don't understand any of this stuff. Maryland is #40 in the NET rankings. For a home game it has to be top 25 to be a Q1 win.

I never said Maryland was a Quad 1 win. I simply chose 2 random B1G teams that would be quad 1 wins and said they would be.

Youre the one that doesnt understand this stuff considering you keep citing things that dont matter. If you want to be stubborn, thats fine. I don't give a shit about arguing with you. I was simply educating you since everything you were saying was wrong. You seem to have already backtracked so Im glad we are on the same page.

I never said Maryland was a Quad 1 win. I simply chose 2 random B1G teams that would be quad 1 wins and said they would be.

Youre the one that doesnt understand this stuff considering you keep citing things that dont matter. If you want to be stubborn, thats fine. I don't give a shit about arguing with you. I was simply educating you since everything you were saying was wrong. You seem to have already backtracked so Im glad we are on the same page.
You clearly stated Maryland was a Q1 win. You shouldn't be educating anyone on basketball after you hilariously picked Illinois over MSU in the Big Ten this year.

You clearly stated Maryland was a Q1 win. You shouldn't be educating anyone on basketball after you hilariously picked Illinois over MSU in the Big Ten this year.

Well first of all, nobody in the history of basketball correctly projects every single team evwry single year. But that was a random preseason prediction.

This is different - these arent predictions, they are facts. SOS matters. Ive given 4 examples now that point to that and show that the things you keep pretending matter do not matter at all. So it is educating. You can sit here and get rustled all you want or you can accept that you are focusing on things that dont matter.

And I never once said Maryland was a quad 1 win. Youre so focused on being an argumentative troll that youre making things up to distract from the fact you dont have a clue what youre talking about when it comes to ncaa tournament selection.

Well first of all, nobody in the history of basketball correctly projects every single team evwry single year. But that was a random preseason prediction.

This is different - these arent predictions, they are facts. SOS matters. Ive given 4 examples now that point to that and show that the things you keep pretending matter do not matter at all. So it is educating. You can sit here and get rustled all you want or you can accept that you are focusing on things that dont matter.

And I never once said Maryland was a quad 1 win. Youre so focused on being an argumentative troll that youre making things up to distract from the fact you dont have a clue what youre talking about when it comes to ncaa tournament selection.
You provided examples that are apples and oranges. The teams you mentioned had at least 1 good non conference win. We do not. We have yet to have a Q1 win this season.

You provided examples that are apples and oranges. The teams you mentioned had at least 1 good non conference win. We do not. We have yet to have a Q1 win this season.

Yeah that doesnt matter and you clearly dont understand that, which is OK. Im done arguing about it. Keep believing that some random classification of wins means somethign despite the fact that it doesnt. Dont let me rain on your parade.

Yeah that doesnt matter and you clearly dont understand that, which is OK. Im done arguing about it. Keep believing that some random classification of wins means somethign despite the fact that it doesnt. Dont let me rain on your parade.
Purdue wont get in the tournament with only 18 wins. You want to ban bet that?

Lets ban bet that Purdue will get in with 10+ conference wins if they win the remaining games of the non con as well.
Nope, you keep saying Purdue will get in with only 18 wins based on their resume. I dont think there is any chance in hell that happens. Back up your talk and take the bet.

Nope, you keep saying Purdue will get in with only 18 wins based on their resume. I dont think there is any chance in hell that happens. Back up your talk and take the bet.

Are you stupid? Ive said over and over they get in winning out non con and winning 10+ conference games. But troll on trolla.

Are you stupid? Ive said over and over they get in winning out non con and winning 10+ conference games. But troll on trolla.
10 conference wins puts them at 18 wins. If you actually think they get in with that then take the bet.

10 conference wins puts them at 18 wins. If you actually think they get in with that then take the bet.

Purdue gets in with 10+ conference wins and a sweep of their remaining non con. Bet offered do you accept?

Purdue gets in with 10+ conference wins and a sweep of their remaining non con. Bet offered do you accept?
Lol no. They could get really hot and get to 22 wins. Glad to know that you arent confident in them getting in at 18-13 though.

Bousreaxs one of the worst defenders play under Painter in recent memory. He cant challenge shots at the rim, he cant defend 4s, he cant defend 5s. Every once in a while he will probably get hot from 3 and have a great offensive game to suck you in(like he did vs Va Tech), but hes looked way above his head so far at this level.

I think he is a role player that will be out of the lineup as TW make progress. Too bad Jacquil left.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT