ADVERTISEMENT

Easily the funniest thing I’ve read this year

A quote from iu board. “It kills me that Brohm landed at Purdue, especially since there's strong rumors that he wanted the IU job over the Purdue job. ”

Thee is 0.0000% chance he would want to coach at a career killer job like iu.

The IU job IS a career killer.

That said, I could see Brohm being INTERESTED in the job since it is closer to KY and Louisville than Purdue is. He probably felt like he could have OK success there winning his OOC games and cross division games and winning 5-6-7 a year and getting his next gig and moving on.

That said, Purdue is a better spot just due to the fact of what division we play in. More wins available for a good/successful coach for sure.

There is no universe where IU is higher on the job totem pole than Purdue. Especially not now. Especially not post 2015-2016 when we decided to invest in the program.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
A quote from iu board. “It kills me that Brohm landed at Purdue, especially since there's strong rumors that he wanted the IU job over the Purdue job. ”

Thee is 0.0000% chance he would want to coach at a career killer job like iu.
If you believe that rumor,you must also believe in Santa Claus.

Just add Brohm to the long list of coaches that they “could have had.” Urban Meyer is another. It’s kind of crazy that they haven’t enjoyed more success when you consider all the coaches that sat by the phone anxiously waiting for the call that never came. (TIC)

But is Jeff Brohm the Brad Stevens of football coaches?
Can you imagine having the Brad Stevens of college football coaching in the football capital of Indiana? It’d be championship after championship.

Here’s a good one from @Bowlmania:

As for the smack talk from your friends in West Lafayette, it won’t last much longer. They’ll be hard-pressed to equal last year’s record with the schedule they’ve got and with the Bucket game in Bloomington, where I fully expect IU to thoroughly kick their ass.

Reactions: pboiler18

As for the smack talk from your friends in West Lafayette, it won’t last much longer. They’ll be hard-pressed to equal last year’s record with the schedule they’ve got and with the Bucket game in Bloomington, where I fully expect IU to thoroughly kick their ass.
LMAO...do they really believe that highly of Allen’s coaching ability? I see it being highly unlikely for them to post a better record this season than last. Allen was definitely a step down in coaching and I think it will show even more this year.

Reactions: pboiler18
LMAO...do they really believe that highly of Allen’s coaching ability? I see it being highly unlikely for them to post a better record this season than last. Allen was definitely a step down in coaching and I think it will show even more this year.
And under the great Kevin Wilson they won a mighty 12 league games in six years.One third of those victories came against teams built by the great Darrel Hazell.

And under the great Kevin Wilson they won a mighty 12 league games in six years.One third of those victories came against teams built by the great Darrel Hazell.
I’m still astonished to this day that The Morgue, essentially known for placing only the safe bets, actually interviewed The Haze and not only came away liking what he heard but decided to offer him an outlandishly high amount for such an unproven coach. In retrospect, I believe The Morgue was making one last attempt to rescue his legacy at Purdue from penny pincher and glass half empty guy to taking a risk as he believed others did and he made a gut hire. When that’s not really what others do at all, although it may seem that way. Now...AD Bobinski & President Daniels absolutely did the right thing, which is what The Morgue should have done. They hired an outside firm to find a coach which best fits the guidelines in which they’d set forth. Then simply narrow the search the old fashioned way, via interview. But I feel like The Morgue started cold calling random “hot named coaches” he heard about watching SportsCenter. Leading directly to him making his very worst hire to end his tenure. His best hires (Tiller & Painter) being pure luck of circumstance. Crazy.

Another silly quote from an iu fan

I want to see us on the field, but I think there's a real chance we make a big leap this year and everyone is going "who are these guys?" halfway through the season.

The S&C stuff we're doing is potentially revolutionary in terms of developing talent.

Does he know the definition of revolutionary?

My favorite are still the “Purdue being healthier led to them winner the Bucket” type comments.

Our QB had an ACL year
Fuller and Worship our
Sparks hobbled
Walk on at LT
Bentley out, walk on at ILB

Also “beating a reeling team” in the Bowl...how was Arizona reeling?

My favorite are still the “Purdue being healthier led to them winner the Bucket” type comments.

Our QB had an ACL year
Fuller and Worship our
Sparks hobbled
Walk on at LT

It’s comical. And they talk about how IU didn’t get up for that game which is laughable. so you don’t get up for a rivalry game with a bowl game and 5-game bucket streak on the line? GTFO. And it’s funny how they talk about us barely winning or eeking out a win. It honestly wasn’t as close as the final score indicated. Purdue was the better team by a long shot. Markell made Scales look awful. If not for Burgess and his stone hands, we win by 3 TD’s.

Reactions: ChuckJr

Our QB had an ACL year
Fuller and Worship our
Sparks hobbled
Walk on at LT

Not that i agree but regarding arizona i believe they lost like 5 of their last 6 games or something like that. Very dangerous team still with a lot of speed.

Reactions: maegh

Dayum. Is that for real?

I almost feel sorry for them.

It's like Lucy (The CFB world) holding the football for Linus (IU FB). You'd think they learn, sooner or later.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
I’m still astonished to this day that The Morgue, essentially known for placing only the safe bets, actually interviewed The Haze and not only came away liking what he heard but decided to offer him an outlandishly high amount for such an unproven coach. In retrospect, I believe The Morgue was making one last attempt to rescue his legacy at Purdue from penny pincher and glass half empty guy to taking a risk as he believed others did and he made a gut hire. When that’s not really what others do at all, although it may seem that way. Now...AD Bobinski & President Daniels absolutely did the right thing, which is what The Morgue should have done. They hired an outside firm to find a coach which best fits the guidelines in which they’d set forth. Then simply narrow the search the old fashioned way, via interview. But I feel like The Morgue started cold calling random “hot named coaches” he heard about watching SportsCenter. Leading directly to him making his very worst hire to end his tenure. His best hires (Tiller & Painter) being pure luck of circumstance. Crazy.

Before Hazell was hired, Burke put together a committee, which included former Colts GM Bill Polian.

You might not like Hazell's results (I don't), but that isn't my feeling, that's a fact.

Reactions: Mullah
Before Hazell was hired, Burke put together a committee, which included former Colts GM Bill Polian.

You might not like Hazell's results (I don't), but that isn't my feeling, that's a fact.
polian and grigson (and tressel) must have done a good job convincing burke to go in a different direction

"I can assure you the quarterback position, the cradle, will be at the heart of our thinking," Burke said. "We'll continue to be aggressive offensively, because I think that's part of our tradition and our experience here at Purdue."

"We're not going to move into a coach that has a dramatically different scheme because we've built this team to play a certain kind of football," he said. "We've seen other institutions who made a coaching change, then they changed their style of play. It took two or three years to adjust.

"We're not going to do that. We've got talent in this program, we know we have talent in this program. We want it to be nurtured."
-burke

No kidding? I knew he had gotten Jim Tressels advice but I’m surprised Bill Polian got involved and I would be super surprised to learn for certain Bill Polian gave his “stamp of approval” to go forward with The Haze.

No kidding? I knew he had gotten Jim Tressels advice but I’m surprised Bill Polian got involved and I would be super surprised to learn for certain Bill Polian gave his “stamp of approval” to go forward with The Haze.

polian... who hired the then fired & soon to be suspended tressel to the colts

Last edited:

Bill Polian is overrated anyway. Other than maybe 6 or 7 picks in 11 or so years, he whiffed on almost all of his draft picks. Case in point, Peyton gets hurt and the Colts get the #1 pick because the roster was absolutely terrible.

polian and grigson (and tressel) must have done a good job convincing burke to go in a different direction

"I can assure you the quarterback position, the cradle, will be at the heart of our thinking," Burke said. "We'll continue to be aggressive offensively, because I think that's part of our tradition and our experience here at Purdue."

"We're not going to move into a coach that has a dramatically different scheme because we've built this team to play a certain kind of football," he said. "We've seen other institutions who made a coaching change, then they changed their style of play. It took two or three years to adjust.

"We're not going to do that. We've got talent in this program, we know we have talent in this program. We want it to be nurtured."
-burke
polian... who hired the then fired & soon to be suspended tressel to the colts
Bill Polian is overrated anyway. Other than maybe 6 or 7 picks in 11 or so years, he whiffed on almost all of his draft picks. Case in point, Peyton gets hurt and the Colts get the #1 pick because the roster was absolutely terrible.

It doesn't matter what people think of Polian, Grigson, etc. The point was, and continues to be, boilerbloodline's post wast based on feeling and completely erroneous.

Peyton
Edgerrin
Rob Morris
Reggie Wayne
Dwight Freeney
Dallas Clark

Those are his first 6 first round picks for the colts. Got shaky later on after he promoted his son, but that’s a pretty nice run.

I’ve heard from a few people I trust that the Polian/Grigson/Smith (the Texans GM I think) team of advisors was put together as cover for the Hazell hire and that Burke was the driver of the decision.

I’ve heard from a few people I trust that the Polian/Grigson/Smith (the Texans GM I think) team of advisors was put together as cover for the Hazell hire and that Burke was the driver of the decision.

So it was a stunt . . . a fraud . . . a sham.

I'm finding that hard to swallow.

One, those 3 would never have signed up to be part of a hoax.

Two, ultimately, the decision always rests with the AD.

It makes no sense, and sounds like nothing more than someone interested in badmouthing Burke.

I’m

It makes no sense, and sounds like nothing more than someone interested in badmouthing Burke.

That’s fine.

Doesn't matter where the blame should be placed ultimately it resulted in replacing Organ Murke and Purple Haze with much people that appear to know more about their respective professions.

It's like Lucy (The CFB world) holding the football for Linus (IU FB). You'd think they learn, sooner or later.

Umm, Lucy NEVER held the football for Linus. :eyeroll:

We ought to call that panel "The Lucy van Pelt Committee"...

mb%202_zpsnpy0nzvi.jpg

#AndWe'reStillPayingThePrice

Peyton
Edgerrin
Rob Morris
Reggie Wayne
Dwight Freeney
Dallas Clark

Those are his first 6 first round picks for the colts. Got shaky later on after he promoted his son, but that’s a pretty nice run.

Exactly, and the rumor was, he didn't just promote his son, his son was pretty much running the show and Bill was just a figure head. That's where he screwed up, because his son sucked. Those later turd drafts were his son's pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT