ADVERTISEMENT

Early predictions for next year.

1. Too many turnovers.
2. 10% shooting of threes at the most critical times.
3. 60% shooting of threes when we're stomping the Eastern Michigans and Western Kaintuckys.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Does it really matter? The chances of Purdue making it past the sweet 16 are not good.
Honestly, I think Purdue might be a better team without Ivey. If...and it's a big if...Morton and Newman can score and if Smith and Loyer are as good as I believe them to be, our guards will be fine. I'd love to see Edey move out for a three to open it all up even more.

The one guy who I think is a super stud is Gillis next year.

How many teams would have taken a Sweet 16 and been overjoyed
How many teams would have taken a Sweet 16 and been overjoyed this year.
Probably many…my point was that making it past the sweet 16 is not likely. Purdue has made 3 elite 8’s in the past 41 years…that’s 7% of the time in the last 41 years. So me pointing out that it’s not likely they make it past the sweet 16 in future seems fairly accurate.

Probably many…my point was that making it past the sweet 16 is not likely. Purdue has made 3 elite 8’s in the past 41 years…that’s 7% of the time in the last 41 years. So me pointing out that it’s not likely they make it past the sweet 16 in future seems fairly accurate.
Gotta chance some time. Next year might be that year.

Honestly, I think Purdue might be a better team without Ivey. If...and it's a big if...Morton and Newman can score and if Smith and Loyer are as good as I believe them to be, our guards will be fine. I'd love to see Edey move out for a three to open it all up even more.

The one guy who I think is a super stud is Gillis next year.
No f'ing way this team is better without him. The only thing that held this year's team back was Painter, and his inability to make adjustments...

No f'ing way this team is better without him. The only thing that held this year's team back was Painter, and his inability to make adjustments...
here's my 2 cents, in replacing players if Newman gets 12pt/gm, get Pack or Couisnard at one guard, and say Penn at PG the scoring ill be more spread out and think we'll be fine if we get those guys.

No idea who we will get in the portal. Sounds like it’s a possibility of getting at least one. If it’s Pack, we get a huge boost. If it’s someone else, I will welcome him, but I don’t see the potential upside.

Next year I think the biggest thing is just to make the tournament. Get the experience. Play the younger guys. I think our core of young guys is pretty good. If we decide to bring in 2 guys in the portal, we could potentially have 5 starters that are Juniors. Edey, Gillis, Newman, Morton and a Transfer. Maybe 2 transfers start. Who knows…

I think Newman will have a resurgence. If you look at his numbers, they really fell off immediately when he got benched. And he didn't get benched due to poor play; Ivey was just playing better. It seems like he's affected by inconsistent minutes more so than most.

I think his inconsistencies and selfishness hurt many times. Being young, being fed how great he is going to be by all, hurt his play and cost the team many times. That was ignored much of the time by the show case plays he made.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT