ADVERTISEMENT

Down Goes Bama..!

You don’t know who does or doesn’t have alum who care about sports. All you need is one big whale. Nat100 has led this charge.
If you’re not getting the most out of the talent you do have, NIL is a complete waste!

Just ask Jimbo Fisher and the TAMU alums who funded that 25 man, 25million recruiting class that was barely going to bowls and got Fisher fired.

80% of those guys aren’t there 2 years later and they are seemingly better for it.

This team can be competitive with a decent coach and decent NIL money.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
If you’re not getting the most out of the talent you do have, NIL is a complete waste!

Just ask Jimbo Fisher and the TAMU alums who funded that 25 man, 25million recruiting class that was barely going to bowls and got Fisher fired.

80% of those guys aren’t there 2 years later and they are seemingly better for it.

This team can be competitive with a decent coach and decent NIL money.
Agreed. Any Walters has not. But you’re not winning 7 games with this roster even with a better coach. That’s why we need revenue sharing bad.

Walters time is done. His defenses are over.

That said, what expectations do you hold a coach to? If we get a decent g5 HC and he goes 6-6 next year, I will tip my cap for a job well done. When 15 years ago that result would have been just okay

Agreed. Any Walters has not. But you’re not winning 7 games with this roster even with a better coach. That’s why we need revenue sharing bad.

Walters time is done. His defenses are over.

That said, what expectations do you hold a coach to? If we get a decent g5 HC and he goes 6-6 next year, I will tip my cap for a job well done. When 15 years ago that result would have been just okay
Agree. 95% of the fan base was good with Brohm going .500 in his first 2 years off Hazell. Mostly because we were competitive in 80% of games and had a few upsets over that time too. If the next coach came in and did that of course it would be a good job. Especially since we are staring down 1-11 right now and we all know we do t have 1-11 talent.

Show you’re worth the NIl investment and then try and grow From there. I tolerated the 2 mid Brohm years because we were incredibly banged up in 2019 and 2020 was mostly on Diaco. Wasn’t going to demand Brohm be fired for a bad DC hire when he rectified the mistake…knowing that our hit rate for coaches was low and we’d likely not hire a good replacement. Was worth giving him 1 more year with what he had returning and he did well.

Would do well to replicate that arc.

I’ve said my 4 year expectations for a Purdue coach are 3/4 bowl games and every 4th year when talent aligns we win 8/9.

I don’t think that’s too much to ask even with average NIL funds. I think we could have spent the $ on Burks and Scourton this off season and still have been a very bad football team because the coaching is so poor.

Agree. 95% of the fan base was good with Brohm going .500 in his first 2 years off Hazell. Mostly because we were competitive in 80% of games and had a few upsets over that time too. If the next coach came in and did that of course it would be a good job. Especially since we are staring down 1-11 right now and we all know we do t have 1-11 talent.

Show you’re worth the NIl investment and then try and grow From there. I tolerated the 2 mid Brohm years because we were incredibly banged up in 2019 and 2020 was mostly on Diaco. Wasn’t going to demand Brohm be fired for a bad DC hire when he rectified the mistake…knowing that our hit rate for coaches was low and we’d likely not hire a good replacement. Was worth giving him 1 more year with what he had returning and he did well.
Couldn’t disagree more about Diaco. Love him or hate him, he took not one but 2 schools to undefeated seasons and even kicked Brohm’s @ss along the way. ANY coach would have struggled (and they pretty much all did across college football that year) to install a new system given the COVID restrictions. We were switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 so it would have taken at least a season-or-two to get players for it. Brohm freaked-out, though, because he was forced to let his friend go and that’s 100% on him. Diaco then goes to Louisiana Tech and installs a defense that becomes the first IN HISTORY to shut a Power 5 team out in a bowl as a G5 while getting their 10th win of the season…

Couldn’t disagree more about Diaco. Love him or hate him, he took not one but 2 schools to undefeated seasons and even kicked Brohm’s @ss along the way. ANY coach would have struggled (and they pretty much all did across college football that year) to install a new system given the COVID restrictions. We were switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 so it would have taken at least a season-or-two to get players for it. Brohm freaked-out, though, because he was forced to let his friend go and that’s 100% on him. Diaco then goes to Louisiana Tech and installs a defense that becomes the first IN HISTORY to shut a Power 5 team out in a bowl as a G5 while getting their 10th win of the season…
A bit revisionist. He did that at LA Tech before he came here.

Hasn’t had an on field college job since.

His defense couldn’t tackle OR stop the run.

A bit revisionist. He did that at LA Tech before he came here.

Hasn’t had an on field college job since.

His defense couldn’t tackle OR stop the run.
Not “his” defense. Brohm forced him to make changes and then quickly took playcalling from him. Guy’s a multi-millionaire, has had position & analyst roles, and invented to Nickelodeon football broadcast that’s actually a fun way to watch games you wouldn’t normally have an interest in so who’s to say he’s not doing less-pressure positions by choice? When he was coaching as a DC, however, he had FAR more success than Brohm’s ever had…

Not “his” defense. Brohm forced him to make changes and then quickly took playcalling from him. Guy’s a multi-millionaire, has had position & analyst roles, and invented to Nickelodeon football broadcast that’s actually a fun way to watch games you wouldn’t normally have an interest in so who’s to say he’s not doing less-pressure positions by choice? When he was coaching as a DC, however, he had FAR more success than Brohm’s ever had…
Hi Mrs Diaco!

• Haha
Reactions: IronChefBBQ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT