ADVERTISEMENT

What Needs To Be Done!

Oct 30, 2010
If Walters does not have enough respect for Purdue to resign, which he probably will not do, this is what Purdue needs to do!

Demote the current DC to another position, demote Walters to handle the defense, so we can see for ourselves if he really is the defensive genius he was touted to be! No use paying
these coaches to sit home and draw paychecks, let them do some work to earn what they are owed!

Start an immediate search for a new head coach. Do not allow the AD to be in charge of the search, because he has proven he is not qualified to do that job! Instead hire an experienced search firm to find the candidates Furthermore there's plenty of time available to find a new coach so the search can be a thorough one!

Let the quarterback start calling his own plays!

Appoint an assistant AD as interim head coach - hopefully one with football experience!

None of this would be detrimental to the program, since the program has already reached bottom!

If Walters does not have enough respect for Purdue to resign, which he probably will not do, this is what Purdue needs to do!

Demote the current DC to another position, demote Walters to handle the defense, so we can see for ourselves if he really is the defensive genius he was touted to be! No use paying
these coaches to sit home and draw paychecks, let them do some work to earn what they are owed!

Start an immediate search for a new head coach. Do not allow the AD to be in charge of the search, because he has proven he is not qualified to do that job! Instead hire an experienced search firm to find the candidates Furthermore there's plenty of time available to find a new coach so the search can be a thorough one!

Appoint an assistant AD as interim head coach - hopefully one with football experience!

None of this would be detrimental to the program, since the program has already reached bottom!
This isn’t how it works.
id also like this HC and staff as far away from these kids as possible, as soon as possible.

Last edited:

That is never going to happen!

Hire me and I’ll do it for half of Walters salary. Then Purdue will have money for his buy out. Problem solved!

This isn’t how it works.
id also like this HC and staff as far away from these kids as possible, as soon as possible.
Hello Flag Hunter, If the QB is allowed to call his own plays, the OC's involvement wold be reduced to making suggestions and if Walters is allowed to handle the defense, perhaps we can see if he's the defensive genius he's touted to be! If not, allow the defensive captain to call the defensive plays with Walters making suggestions. These coaches are being paid huge money, and I can see no reason to allow them to sit on their asses and collecting a paycheck!If nothing else they can be reduced to carrying the drinks out to the players during time out, and perhaps that would embarrass them to quit! I would keep most of them home for away games, so we can see how well that works!

Hire me and I’ll do it for half of Walters salary. Then Purdue will have money for his buy out. Problem solved!
As long as you have no head coaching experience you would meet what the AD considers to be the most important qualification! Furthermore, with Walters we are guaranteed to be at the bottom of the standings and to remain there, so you can do no worse than what we are experiencing now!

What needs to be done: Have fans lower their expectations, drink more beer and eat more pizza.

I lived in Wisconsin during their 33 game losing streak in the 60’s and 70’s.

The fans were happy before, after and during the game.

Rather than playing on Wisconsin the band played the Budweiser theme song . The Clydesdales would come out some times.

Purdue football. Needs to become like the Savanah bananas! Or the Lafayette globetrotters.

Rather than field an NCAA team, field a team that provides entertainment. Do some hide the football plays. Throw some confetti at the stands. Play with the refs. Have some fun.

The stadium will be packed. Beer sales will be great and all the fans will be happy. We don’t need the ncaa. What we need is 3 hours of entertainment.

Hello Flag Hunter, If the QB is allowed to call his own plays, the OC's involvement wold be reduced to making suggestions and if Walters is allowed to handle the defense, perhaps we can see if he's the defensive genius he's touted to be! If not, allow the defensive captain to call the defensive plays with Walters making suggestions. These coaches are being paid huge money, and I can see no reason to allow them to sit on their asses and collecting a paycheck!If nothing else they can be reduced to carrying the drinks out to the players during time out, and perhaps that would embarrass them to quit! I would keep most of them home for away games, so we can see how well that works!
Walters would never go for that, especially when he knows he will be fired. Don’t know what the stipulations are in his contract, but I don’t think he would do that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT