ADVERTISEMENT

Doug Griffiths laying the wood....

To Morgan Burke on Twitter.
Long been said that HE was the problem for Purdue athletics...appalling that he not only was there as long as he was, but that he dictated his own terms of leaving...goes to the point made over and over already and by Doyel in his article on Sunday that the "leadership" at Purdue could not care less...others have tried to downplay Daniels' involvement in anything, and he is as guilty as the rest and as disinterested as well.

Reactions: EastCoastBoiler
I almost feel bad for mb2, not sure what magic he can really pull out of his hat at this point

It may have been sarcasm before, but pu needs to actually decide if it wants to compete or go the way of the univ of Chicago.

Some argue that we are academics first athletics second.
Yet we are like nearly every other division one school and choose to place a premium on athletics over academics, as seen by football/bball salaries vs professors/president salaries, fundraisers and dollars spent on sports facilities, etc.

Many have also said just try and give our best effort regarding players and coaches. but does the university from the top down really do this themselves in support of athletic programs? management/leadership eventually and begrudgingly shows this premium financial commitment but is typically too late and appears half assed at best. Why bother to continue down this same unfruitful path?

We may need to decide and confirm our commitment to athletics as a whole before we can truly proceed further in correcting many things football related.
Otherwise, why bother

Last edited:
Wasn't our bball budget raised and more competitive post-cordova though

Yes. That obviously didn't solve issues like what we had with Gary Harris's mom or facilities.

Like I've been saying, there are far more factors here than just the head coach and they all have different products to sell. It's a very lazy, simple-minded approach to assign blame solely to the coach.

Yes indeed, as should the "Tiller retired on the job" crowd.

Mostly, it made me think, "why should I care if the folks in charge don't?"
I think I have ignored the Purdue admin long enough,
I will comply and stop caring about athletics.
At least it was fun while it lasted

Beautiful. Everyone should put these dopey admins on blast until things are fixed.

Haven't posted in years because I've become almost completely apathetic to Purdue athletics, but reading his Twitter stream confirms everything so many of us thought for years about the AD. It was why I dropped my JPC membership four years ago when I told the AD exactly why I was out. Reading his Twitter stream, it's actually worse than I thought. What a horribly run department and, quite frankly, as an alum it's a tarnish on the entire University.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
When Tiller said that infamous quote, "manage your expectations", it was not his quote. He merely repeated what Burke told him.

Here is one reason why I am optimistic. I don't think Bobinski can be worse than Burke. In fact, I don't think anyone can be worse than Burke.

What an a$$hole morgan was/is.

I think that Morgan leaving will be a noticeable improvement all in itself.

Reactions: DG10
Doug Griffiths is complaining because we didn't buy a player like Wisconsin did? And because we don't have turf? And because we don't let players slide on grades? And because we don't care about previous athletes (which seems incredible to me because I see them all the time) Wow, sounds like he is a real winner. Never heard of him.

Interesting tweets from him. However, funny that after he probably gained a lot of new followers and attention he ended everything with promoting some athletic facility he is a part of now.

Interesting tweets from him. However, funny that after he probably gained a lot of new followers and attention he ended everything with promoting some athletic facility he is a part of now.
I don't think he has ended everything, nor that he was promoting the facility per se...I think some were questioning him personally...some were questioning what he is doing now, etc., which prompted his mentioning the athletic facility.

Regardless, props to him for coming clean on matters...just wish it had happened sooner so that it would not have continued and persisted for as long as it has.

I used to love Purdue. Following the football and basketball teams was a large part of my life. Lots of gear that I wore everywhere. Traveled crazy distances by car over weekends to see football team even when it was bad between '84-'96. Thought program had finally turned corner with Coach Tiller...never expected to see another lengthy downturn...or one that would embarrass even the teams from '84-'96. Now, I just don't really give a shit. I stopped going to games, stopped contributing to JPC, stopped even following the teams on TV. Absolutely get no sense of joy from anything related to Purdue anymore. I doubt I will even if by some ginormous miracle the football and basketball programs attain an unprecedented level of success before I shuffle off the mortal coil. Thanks, MB and everyone else involved for the dumpster fire that is Purdue sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT