ADVERTISEMENT

Does the Coronavirus concern you?

I mean, you left out the rest of his resume.

He is an internist, a physician, that rose to chief resident at a hospital in Pasadena. That is where he became interested in addiction medicine. He operates his own private practice as an internist and sees patients daily. Just like your doctor. Not as a psych doc, but like - my knee hurts, I have a sore throat....GP.

So yeah, I will listen to what he has to say. He treats us everyday and has been for coming up on 40 years.

Would you listen to your doctor on this matter?
Why would my personal physician have any special insight into factors involving a worldwide pandemic ? Or its connection to domestic politics/media ?
Dr. Drew...interesting guy, but listened to several professionals, today, that had extensive backgrounds
in matters that concern the CDC and the W.H.O.
More important.

Seems I have touched a nerve. So you aren't posting as a straight guy after this? Most of us had doubts anyway
Back to 3rd-grade level, I'm afraid. And here we were all expecting you to get to that elusive FIFTH-grade level sometime soon......big letdown, SquirrelGuy...

Why would my personal physician have any special insight into factors involving a worldwide pandemic ? Or its connection to domestic politics/media ?
Dr. Drew...interesting guy, but listened to several professionals, today, that had extensive backgrounds
in matters that concern the CDC and the W.H.O.
More important.

I have trouble reading your posts.

Can you try again?

The first question I get. Why would your doctor have Sars-CoV2 knowledge in southern California. Well, they are the first line of defense. If you don't think that internists are being flooded with directives from every health organization on how to treat patients presenting with respiratory infections, I don't think we should continue this discussion. Yes, you should listen to your doctor. They have better information than you read on Reddit or heard on a podcast.

Last edited:
Reactions: glidresquirrel
I have trouble reading your posts.

Can you try again?

The first question I get. Why would your doctor have Sars-CoV2 knowledge in southern California. Well, they are the first line of defense. If you don't think that internists are being flooded with directives from every health organization on how to treat patients presenting with respiratory infections, I don't think we should continue this discussion. Yes, you should listen to your doctor. They have better information than you read on Reddit or heard on a podcast.

Honestly, you type like Trump talks.
Honestly, only those that labor with the simplest demands of English, should be compared to Trump.
Have no idea of which post you thought I was responding to. It WASN'T yours. So "trying again" would be to accomplish what, exactly ? Doctor/S. California/treating patients/Reddit....????
Can YOU try again ?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Honestly, only those that labor with the simplest demands of English, should be compared to Trump.
Have no idea of which post you thought I was responding to. It WASN'T yours. So "trying again" would be to accomplish what, exactly ? Doctor/S. California/treating patients/Reddit....????
Can YOU try again ?

Hey man, Boiler Up!

Can YOU try again ?
Would you list the prescription drugs you are on so maybe a doctor or even Dr Drew could figure out what interactions you are having to make you post like a complete lunatic? 3 2 1 ..............

Interesting article about the 1918 Spanish Flu and how government officials were desperate to keep morale up during WWI and didn't tell the truth of what was going on.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/journal-plague-year-180965222/

Before the board conservatives get their pantries in a wad, the article was written in 2017, not part of some great liberal conspiracy.
That really is a great article. Hopefully we won’t go through with what they did in 1918 but as the article repeatedly emphasized the government needs to tell the truth; it did not in 1918. I was also struck by the fact that I thought people were probably more empathetic with their brethren in those years but clearly they were not; refusing to help starving children, etc.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
The two cases in California with no known exposure are worrisome. Also, the dog in Hong Kong that tested mildly positive. I wish a person with more medical experience had been put in charge as I do not think Pence is educated in science

Just saw a doctor on TV say he is looking at the South Korea death rate percentage of .2 - .4% as more representative for US which is twice the death rate of the flu than 2% China death rate

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
Just saw a doctor on TV say he is looking at the South Korea death rate percentage of .2 - .4% is more representative for US than 2% China death rate which is twice the death rate of the flu
Still not good but a lot better than the 2-3% that we were originally hearing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSIT
Well, we've had about 90 reported cases so far, and two deaths, so current evidence points to us being fairly close to average.

OK. Edit: Apparently 3 more have died. Bringing the total to 5.

Also, apparently there was a case discovered in New York city. If there is an outbreak there, then things get crappy fast.

Well, we've had about 90 reported cases so far, and two deaths, so current evidence points to us being fairly close to average.

80 confirmed cases...IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY!
2 deaths to patients who had comorbid conditions as well as compromised immune systems. Very similar to what happens when an already sick person gets the flu.

Bone:

I was responding to BSIT's post about how a doctor was theorizing that the death rate would be closer to 0.2 to 0.4% in this country. I was pointing out that the number of deaths was essentially meeting the average mortality rate observed overall thus far (2%). Not trying to stir up panic.

Reactions: bonefish1
Bone:

I was responding to BSIT's post about how a doctor was theorizing that the death rate would be closer to 0.2 to 0.4% in this country. I was pointing out that the number of deaths was essentially meeting the average mortality rate observed overall thus far (2%). Not trying to stir up panic.

My apologies. I was quick on the trigger.
Every time you turn on the TV, some talking head is screaming "THERE'S ANOTHER CONFIRMED CORONOVIRUS INFECTION!" like it's the second coming of the plague.

OK. Edit: Apparently 3 more have died. Bringing the total to 5.

Also, apparently there was a case discovered in New York city. If there is an outbreak there, then things get crappy fast.

In Manhattan, no less. If that person rode the subway during rush hour, hoo boy.

Hmm, perhaps some rural Indiana remote work would be advisable for me.

In Manhattan, no less. If that person rode the subway during rush hour, hoo boy.

Hmm, perhaps some rural Indiana remote work would be advisable for me.

Do you know how many people riding the subway are Flu positive? Probably a lot, and a lot who don't even know it.

Do you know how many people riding the subway are Flu positive? Probably a lot, and a lot who don't even know it.

The flu does not kill 2% of the people who get it. It also knocks people on their ass quickly, such that a large percentage will not be riding the subway while being highly contagious. Most folks will still try commuting to work with cold symptoms, which is how one might reasonably interpret this illness in the first couple of days.

Reactions: Biggie357 and PUBV
This is real in case anybody is wondering.

Let's all praise the almighty Trump for his response to a still growing public health concern.

Pence's bootlicking knows no bounds. "Praise for the president's Coronavirus response". Are you freaking kidding me?

Reactions: Bill4411 and indy35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT