ADVERTISEMENT

I know its early, but what I want for Christmas starts tonight against Jacksonville

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
First, a very Merry Christmas to all Boilermakers!! As we prepare to celebrate the Birth of our Savior, may the Spirit of Christmas bring Joy, Peace, and Happiness throughout your home and may the Love of Jesus comfort you as you spend time with family and friends. This time of the year, as I have some free time from work, I love to read classic authors and watch classic movies. One of my favorite authors, Dr. Suess, once said these insightful and provoking words...
  • "What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
  • "Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't come from a store."
As we head into Christmas weekend, let's start the celebration with a strong victory tonight over Jacksonville. For we all have much to be thankful for. And to all, a good night!!

CHRISTMAS WISH LIST FOR TONIGHTS GAME

1. Start like the #1 team in the country and put this game away early (don't go Indiana on these guys).
2. Free up time for other players to play more and develop. (i.e., more Heide, Furst, Colvin, Morton, Berg)
3. Allow Zach (and Berg) make a 3pt shot.
4. Come away with the W playing with confidence and humility
5. Walk away fully healthy

Blessed Christmas GIF

Agree we need to execute flawlessly and have a good game. The challenge with playing a team with a NET of 203, we need to win by 20+ otherwise it negatively impacts our NET rating.

BYU basically games the NET because they are 3 to our 4 because they have played awful teams and win in blowouts. For those that follow the lesser school down south, that close win against Morehead State will show negatively on their NET because statistically it should have been a 20 pt win.

Reactions: Schnelk
Should finally be a game I can chill on the sofa without being nervous lol. Would love to see Zach get some limited minutes tonight, get some other guys some time.

I would say we have earned the chance to work on some sets and different lineups the next two games before the Big Ten grind. I’d like to see all of our starters out of the game with 15 minutes to play so Gillis, Furst, Heide, Colvin and Berg get some quality PT. On a side note and I know Painter played with Waddell because I was a student then - do we think Waddell will be the transfer next year?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
First, a very Merry Christmas to all Boilermakers!! As we prepare to celebrate the Birth of our Savior, may the Spirit of Christmas bring Joy, Peace, and Happiness throughout your home and may the Love of Jesus comfort you as you spend time with family and friends. This time of the year, as I have some free time from work, I love to read classic authors and watch classic movies. One of my favorite authors, Dr. Suess, once said these insightful and provoking words...
As we head into Christmas weekend, let's start the celebration with a strong victory tonight over Jacksonville. For we all have much to be thankful for. And to all, a good night!!

1. Start like the #1 team in the country and put this game away early (don't go Indiana on these guys).
2. Free up time for other players to play more and develop. (i.e., more Heide, Furst, Colvin, Morton, Berg)

Blessed Christmas GIF
Merry Christmas to you also! Amen and Glory to our Savior Jesus Christ! Boiler Up!

I would say we have earned the chance to work on some sets and different lineups the next two games before the Big Ten grind. I’d like to see all of our starters out of the game with 15 minutes to play so Gillis, Furst, Heide, Colvin and Berg get some quality PT. On a side note and I know Painter played with Waddell because I was a student then - do we think Waddell will be the transfer next year?
Gillis was the other one as I couldn't remember who the 5th one was.

I did not know winning a game against a lesser opponent without a significant margin would hurt in overall NET rating. Makes sense, but, that motivates betters teams to play their stars and not try out and hone their skills before conference play. A better approach would be some element of "manageability". Did the better team manage the game in such a way that there was no doubt who was going to win and then do so by 10 points in a humble but dominate win. Or did the dominate team indiana on themselves and should be penalized.

Blessed Christmas GIF
Well almost all came true except for the Zach or berg 3P make…he attempted it but counted as a two 😢

now we know what it takes for Zach to shoot…be up 30

Ha ha ha

Not a bad form for the big fella. I so wish it would have gone in for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT