ADVERTISEMENT

Does AOC come back!?

Not sure I trust your track record on whose good enough to do what.

LES MILES
You know, I couldn't give two shits what your opinion is. Carry on with humoring yourself. At that same time I said there were others I'd take too, one being the boat rower. Same record this year, and this will give Minny one more tournament in his time there.

That said, congrats to the Boilers and the staff for winning 8 which should have been the expectation of everyone that's a Boiler fan. Now, if they can get a tourney win against a ranked team

You know, I couldn't give two shits what your opinion is. Carry on with humoring yourself. At that same time I said there were others I'd take too, one being the boat rower. Same record this year, and this will give Minny one more tournament in his time there.

That said, congrats to the Boilers and the staff for winning 8 which should have been the expectation of everyone that's a Boiler fan. Now, if they can get a tourney win against a ranked team
That's fine. I'm just showing everyone why nobody should give two shits what YOUR opinion is.

LES MILES

Oh yeah. You're not a Purdue fan so you do not set the expectations for us. You're just a Bob Knight reject looking for a home.

He's a NFL starter and he's proven he's good enough to do that. Who in the BIG has had the year he's had? Smart, accurate, great arm, doesn't get rattled...not the fastest but fast enough. To those who said earlier, he wasn't any good have some apologies owed to him.
He’s a long long long way from an NFL starter. I’m not sure if you’re being facetious. He’s had a great stretch of 7-8 games and his numbers are sick. But he wasn’t even our starter in September. If he wants a contact and he really wants to play on Sunday, he has no other choice but to come back. And I hope he does. It looks like the game has really slowed down for him which is a great sign for a QB in a offense like ours where pre snap reads and knowing our receiver route tree is so important. If he comes back his numbers could be scary next year - even for a Boiler QB.

Reactions: DAG10 and TC4THREE
That's fine. I'm just showing everyone why nobody should give two shits what YOUR opinion is.

LES MILES

Oh yeah. You're not a Purdue fan so you do not set the expectations for us. You're just a Bob Knight reject looking for a home.

He’s a long long long way from an NFL starter. I’m not sure if you’re being facetious. He’s had a great stretch of 7-8 games and his numbers are sick. But he wasn’t even our starter in September. If he wants a contact and he really wants to play on Sunday, he has no other choice but to come back. And I hope he does. It looks like the game has really slowed down for him which is a great sign for a QB in a offense like ours where pre snap reads and knowing our receiver route tree is so important. If he comes back his numbers could be scary next year - even for a Boiler QB.
Who in the BIG has put up his numbers this year? He is absolutey a candidate for the pro's where the players know how to block, where he'll have backs that can run, and better coaching. Purdue became relevant this year when Brohm finally made him the starter.

Who in the BIG has put up his numbers this year? He is absolutely a candidate for the pro's where the players know how to block, where he'll have backs that can run, and better coaching. Purdue became relevant this year when Brohm finally made him the starter. And I'd guess if he were to enter the portal, another P5 would snatch him up in a nano second and make him their starter.

Who in the BIG has put up his numbers this year? He is absolutey a candidate for the pro's where the players know how to block, where he'll have backs that can run, and better coaching. Purdue became relevant this year when Brohm finally made him the starter.
So what you're saying is that Brohm turned a walk-on with no D-1 scholarship offers into a potential professional quarterback.

LES MILES

The standard for being an NFL starter isn’t a comparison to other B10 QBs. I’m very impressed and excited about his development but to be an NFL starter he has a lot to prove. And being better than Thorne and McNamara doesn’t mean a thing. If he leaves after this year, there is no way in hell he gets picked. If he stays, and plays 13+ games next year with 45 TDS and 4500 yards, he can get a shot. He has a chance to be part of the cradle. He’s that accurate. He really understands the offense and the progressions. Next year can be a great one with Brady Allen learning along the way. What we have coming back at WR and TE will be enough for a huge year for AOC.

Reactions: Gemini95
Bell leaving is a huge blow, but it's looking better now than before with Wright, Sheffield, and Yaseen among the group returning. A stronger running game and OL issues improved, and Purdue could still have a very potent offense next year. You never know for sure, though.
Bell is such a security blanket...and how could he not be?

He makes things easier for everyone...including the QB.

To hear Alan Karpick deem him the best ever WR is pretty incredible...and, more so in that it is probably accurate.

Purdue still has weapons for sure, and, additional experience will help everyone...but it is impossible to overstate how much Bell will be missed from the sheer standpoint that he is perhaps the best to ever line up at WR for Purdue.

I don't think Bell is his favorite target right now. THat's not to say Bell won't be missed though.
Wrong. IU and some other teams (Wisky) used bracket coverage with a safety over the top to limit Bell. AOC went to the open guy instead. Has nothing to do with “ favorite”.

I dont think Aiden should come back. I know i am in minority, but he probably has the best chance to make a roster this year in the NFL. He will finish top 3 in QBR, has a chance to take his team to 9 victories, and this is a very weak QB draft class. Next year he and Purdue loses 2 potential 1st round picks including maybe the most acomplished WR in Purdue's history in Bell.

I am not saying he will be drafted, but he will be at least a camp invite like Blough and this is his best year to make a roster with his numbers up and the qb competition down.
He comes back and hits the ground running like this next year and he will be drafted top two rounds in 2023

Reactions: wallyboiler79
The fact allot of the offense graduates and we dont know how next year's offense will be means he can leave coming off a strong finish to the year

He will have an opportunity to talk to some scouts and figure out his chances. I see both having advantage but, i am guessing he leaves with him being better off trying to turn pro in a weak qb draft class and having a great year.
A lot of the offense graduates? We know bell is gone and Witt and Anthrop must go. Long is pursuing another year. At worst (if you presume long can’t return) .. if you were making a depth chart of guys who have actually played and looked like they could be a starter or quality backup.. it would look like this If Oconnell returns.

QB O’Connell, Plummer
RB Doerue, James, Downing
TE Durham, Miller
WR Wright, Thompson
WR Sheffield
WR Rice, Yaseen
OT Craig
OG Holstege
C Hartwig
OG
OT Miller

the biggest issue won’t be replacing Bell. Bell is a legend but having players like Rice and Yaseen in the fold is as good as it gets replacing anyone.. the issue will be who is gonna play RG, a power position that requires a player with serious upperclassman strength if you’re going to get good push in the run game. I was with just about everyone else being all over the OL after Wisconsin, but if you look at the Nebraska game, doerue broke into the second level between center and right guard twice.

And then you’re looking at a lot of OL who have been in the program long enough that… if holstege and Hartwig could even get in there when they did, these guys should be able to get in there by now. It’s time to see it from the Foxs, Kaltenbergers and Bycznskis of the world. Then you have immense early potential in Mbow and moussa.

I think most fans of the team and the kid are with you. I would love to see him come back for a sixth year. But if the scouts tell him this is his best opportunity then he should do whatever is best for him.

As to the sixth year success rate, you won’t find many because it was incredibly unusual prior to the free Covid year for everyone. There have probably been lots of 5 year success stories though.
I’m all for striking while the iron is hot and if he has a good bowl game, he might not be able to improve his stock, but next year, we could have a more dynamic/balanced offense. Losing Bell is huge but he’ll still have weapons to throw to and a running game that can only improve.

I’m all for striking while the iron is hot and if he has a good bowl game, he might not be able to improve his stock, but next year, we could have a more dynamic/balanced offense. Losing Bell is huge but he’ll still have weapons to throw to and a running game that can only improve.
Nice post Bone. It appears to me if....he wins a bowl game he has to be looking at a huge paycheck. Without him playing great this season, PU is not in a bowl game.

He has a season and a half of starting experience with plenty on tape to demonstrate a clear pattern of improvement, accuracy, effectiveness, processing and arm talent. Not to mention level of competition and nationally relevant wins lead with flawless play this year.

There was a guy drafted in the first round last year who you might think I was describing.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
I get whiplash effects just trying to follow the opinions of this board.

Fire Brohm one week. The NFL is coming for him the next week.

Bench Aidan one week. He’s a first round draft pick the next.

It is downright tiring for some of us!

Look, the Aidan thing is a great story. And I have been in his corner for a long time. But no NFL team is going to look at him and see franchise QB. But if he does go, life will go on. The staff did a tremendous job tailoring the playcalling to suit his strengths and will do the same with the next man up.

Not sure this is registering with most people. Whether he comes back is huge …

First, I think it’s best if Burton and Plummer move on. Plummer may find a better situation for himself and we honestly don’t need to see another year of him just operating slower than what we need at that position. It just flat out takes him too long to process. I think he looks like he wants to move on as well and I hope the best for him.

second, this team, even without Bell and George, is set up to be a deep established talented team that can do some things. We don’t need to mix that with a brand new QB getting comfortable over the course of the first however many games.. and if it is alaimo we don’t need to be one injury from Brady Allen as a true freshman or god knows what else would be behind alaimo.

third, if Oconnell comes back we will maximize the results of the rest of the roster .. be that George and David (fat chance) or not. And then alaimo gets one more year to watch and grow and come in first if Oconnell hits the bench with a big lead and all of that.. before he has to step into the fire.

this to me is almost as big as George or David deciding to come back. And I’m not sure everyone is realizing that.

Not sure this is registering with most people. Whether he comes back is huge …

First, I think it’s best if Burton and Plummer move on. Plummer may find a better situation for himself and we honestly don’t need to see another year of him just operating slower than what we need at that position. It just flat out takes him too long to process. I think he looks like he wants to move on as well and I hope the best for him.

second, this team, even without Bell and George, is set up to be a deep established talented team that can do some things. We don’t need to mix that with a brand new QB getting comfortable over the course of the first however many games.. and if it is alaimo we don’t need to be one injury from Brady Allen as a true freshman or god knows what else would be behind alaimo.

third, if Oconnell comes back we will maximize the results of the rest of the roster .. be that George and David (fat chance) or not. And then alaimo gets one more year to watch and grow and come in first if Oconnell hits the bench with a big lead and all of that.. before he has to step into the fire.

this to me is almost as big as George or David deciding to come back. And I’m not sure everyone is realizing that.
It's probably best for Plummer to move on, but I'm comfortable with having Burton as a depth piece in case injuries hit.

Reactions: Level 42
I haven't seen him on anybody's draft board. Even when they list 25 QBs, AOC isn't listed.

I take it as a good sign that he might be thinking about it. Probably means he hasn't ruled it out.

It's probably best for Plummer to move on, but I'm comfortable with having Burton as a depth piece in case injuries hit.
Ehh.. it isn’t clear to you that he can’t really pass? If he could, yesterday was the time. His one pass attempt made plummer look like David blough

LES MILES

Some of your posts and predictions were just as bad! I believe it’s time we went through the archives to reflect on your stupidity! 80% of your posts are criticizing others! How about we turn the tables and look at some of your “original “. Thoughts. Oh wait, you have none other than cutting down others.

I haven't seen him on anybody's draft board. Even when they list 25 QBs, AOC isn't listed.

I take it as a good sign that he might be thinking about it. Probably means he hasn't ruled it out.
I'm sure Brohm will have him talk to plenty of NFL people and AOC will get an honest assessment of where's he's at. Then he, his family and coach will determine what's in his best interest and go that route.

I am more than okay if he comes back. He was excellent all season long once the offensive line got their act together.

Plummer I will be shocked if he doesn't transfer. While I don't like to see it nor wish it for him, I just wouldn't be shocked if he, or Burton, left.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I am more than okay if he comes back. He was excellent all season long once the offensive line got their act together.

Plummer I will be shocked if he doesn't transfer. While I don't like to see it nor wish it for him, I just wouldn't be shocked if he, or Burton, left.
don't know if this means anything, but after the Bucket game AOC was interviewed on the field by a BTN guy and said to him "what does this win mean to you on your last game at RA". Does he know something or just unfamiliar w/ the situation?

don't know if this means anything, but after the Bucket game AOC was interviewed on the field by a BTN guy and said to him "what does this win mean to you on your last game at RA". Does he know something or just unfamiliar w/ the situation?
He's from BTN. He's likely unfamiliar with most situations.

Reactions: FirstDownB
FFc_ANWUYAAj_Mr

A lot of work for Burton to put in to get so few snaps, an interesting few weeks ahead.

Excited for Brady Allen come Spring ball. A relative of mine works directly in the same school system as Brady Allen. I saw him at Thanksgiving and his 1st take a few years ago was "what is all the hype about?" He didn't see Big Ten or high profile caliber, HOWEVER, Brady's senior year he has matured very well in muscle and size. The relative puts him at 6'6" not 6'5" as listed and I trust him since he is 6'5" himself and he has to look up at Brady.

A public school took down private Jesuit Catholic school and here are some good video highlights:

Word also has it that a WR from Gibson Southern has a PWO and is coming with Allen. I think it is #80, but not 100% sure of that.

Seriously, if true, and I don’t doubt you based on your line of work and posting in general .. that’s amazing news

Your standards are low.
This is not true deliverer of good news .. time to make plans for a new entry into the cradle, my Oconnell jersey purchase, and a run for the big ten title with playoffs possible if George and or David miraculously came back.

like it or not that makes toy player of the day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT