ADVERTISEMENT

Does AOC come back!?

Nov 27, 2021
AOC has been playing phenomenal! I never thought him being a walk-on would substantiate to the college career he has had, goes to show the hard worker he is. Pass accuracy this year has been over 70%, ranked 3rd in QBR. With covid I believe he gets another year of eligibility. Does he come back!? ... I think with another rock solid season he could be NFL backup like David Blough

AOC has been playing phenomenal! I never thought him being a walk-on would substantiate to the college career he has had, goes to show the hard worker he is. Pass accuracy this year has been over 70%, ranked 3rd in QBR. With covid I believe he gets another year of eligibility. Does he come back!? ... I think with another rock solid season he could be NFL backup like David Blough
Yes

If he comes back, I'll call him whatever he wants. AOC is really convenient to type but it has a really bad connotation these days.
Depends on your perspective I guess... it has a really good connotation with me.... (but I understand that if you are brainwashed by right wing media that you would have a different perspective)

Aidan O'Connell.....Mr. O'Connell.....another fine QB from the cradle of quarterbacks!

IMG_6239.JPG

Depends on your perspective I guess... it has a really good connotation with me.... (but I understand that if you are brainwashed by right wing media that you would have a different perspective)
Or if you've never accomplished anything in real life, you'll have your perspective.

We can go on if you wish to throw out stupid stereotypes. There are dozens to go through.

I dont think Aiden should come back. I know i am in minority, but he probably has the best chance to make a roster this year in the NFL. He will finish top 3 in QBR, has a chance to take his team to 9 victories, and this is a very weak QB draft class. Next year he and Purdue loses 2 potential 1st round picks including maybe the most acomplished WR in Purdue's history in Bell.

I am not saying he will be drafted, but he will be at least a camp invite like Blough and this is his best year to make a roster with his numbers up and the qb competition down.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgtboiler
I dont think Aiden should come back. I know i am in minority, but he probably has the best chance to make a roster this year in the NFL. He will finish top 3 in QBR, has a chance to take his team to 9 victories, and this is a very weak QB draft class. Next year he and Purdue loses 2 potential 1st round picks including maybe the most acomplished WR in Purdue's history in Bell.

I am not saying he will be drafted, but he will be at least a camp invite like Blough and this is his best year to make a roster with his numbers up and the qb competition down.
Another hot take from you.

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
Another hot take from you.

Yes, i am crazy to think after having a very good season he should try and turn pro in a weak qb class.

Instead of one line insults that mean nothing, please explain how that concept is wrong, why you disagree, what advanatage does he have coming back for a 6th season? Examples of QB's who came back for a 6th season who ended with a pro career?

Unless you are not capable of complete thoughts like that....go on, please explain your stance....i will wait.

Reactions: Beorik
Yes, i am crazy to think after having a very good season he should try and turn pro in a weak qb class.

Instead of one line insults that mean nothing, please explain how that concept is wrong, why you disagree, what advanatage does he have coming back for a 6th season? Examples of QB's who came back for a 6th season who ended with a pro career?

Unless you are not capable of complete thoughts like that....go on, please explain your stance....i will wait.
He has a chance to play in a special season next year and put up ~4000 yards passing. The schedule next season is conducive to putting up huge numbers like Brees did with ~3,900 yards and 39 TDs. He will get a lot of recognition and will be one of the most-followed QBs in the BIG. He will improve his draft stock by coming back. That’s why.

He’s already signaled he’s likely to come back next season.

I think most fans of the team and the kid are with you. I would love to see him come back for a sixth year. But if the scouts tell him this is his best opportunity then he should do whatever is best for him.

As to the sixth year success rate, you won’t find many because it was incredibly unusual prior to the free Covid year for everyone. There have probably been lots of 5 year success stories though.

He has a chance to play in a special season next year and put up ~4000 yards passing. The schedule next season is conducive to putting up huge numbers like Brees did with ~3,900 yards and 39 TDs. He will get a lot of recognition and will be one of the most-followed QBs in the BIG. He will improve his draft stock by coming back. That’s why.

He’s already signaled he’s likely to come back next season.
I haven’t heard that last part, but I agree with what you’re saying. He will have the chance to be the starter from game 1 and put up some big numbers. He finished the season strong, but how high is a former walk-on with athletic limitations getting drafted based on a good 7 or 8 game stretch? He can improve his draft stock with a good full season.

He also won’t have Bell most likely. That might cause some of his numbers to go down. But who knows. Being a serviceable backup in the NFL these days can be pretty lucrative.

Bell leaving is a huge blow, but it's looking better now than before with Wright, Sheffield, and Yaseen among the group returning. A stronger running game and OL issues improved, and Purdue could still have a very potent offense next year. You never know for sure, though.

@carmin_jc: #Purdue QB Aidan O'Connell on whether he's coming back next year:
"I don't know yet. We'll see"

Reactions: TMA62
Bell leaving is a huge blow, but it's looking better now than before with Wright, Sheffield, and Yaseen among the group returning. A stronger running game and OL issues improved, and Purdue could still have a very potent offense next year. You never know for sure, though.
Don’t forget Mershawn Rice and the two TEs. Plus he will have King Doerue and Sampson James in the backfield.

I was just on Twitter and saw someone tweet that he doesn’t know how good O’Connell really is but that he really pops on screen. This was just some random person but I think that’s pretty accurate. He looks like a pro back there and has the arm talent. He’s rallied his team to wins in the past and seems to be very composed. Add in his pocket presence which I think is pretty good and he may get a 1-3 round draft grade.

He also won’t have Bell most likely. That might cause some of his numbers to go down. But who knows. Being a serviceable backup in the NFL these days can be pretty lucrative.
Or he may be drafted by some teams like the Lions, Jets, or Bears.......umhh......errrrr.........No Aidan! Don't do it!!!!

@carmin_jc: #Purdue QB Aidan O'Connell on whether he's coming back next year:
"I don't know yet. We'll see"
Hmm. Not particularly encouraging. If he can catch on somewhere though, I can't blame him. If he thinks he can replicate his last 5 games over an entire season next year, he may be able to increase his draft stock. That's a high standard he set for himself though.

Or he may be drafted by some teams like the Lions, Jets, or Bears.......umhh......errrrr.........No Aidan! Don't do it!!!!
If he made a team even as third string, NFL minimum is $660,000. Plus other benefits. How many folks on here make that? What would you do?

The fact allot of the offense graduates and we dont know how next year's offense will be means he can leave coming off a strong finish to the year

He will have an opportunity to talk to some scouts and figure out his chances. I see both having advantage but, i am guessing he leaves with him being better off trying to turn pro in a weak qb draft class and having a great year.

He's a NFL starter and he's proven he's good enough to do that. Who in the BIG has had the year he's had? Smart, accurate, great arm, doesn't get rattled...not the fastest but fast enough. To those who said earlier, he wasn't any good have some apologies owed to him.

He's a NFL starter and he's proven he's good enough to do that. Who in the BIG has had the year he's had? Smart, accurate, great arm, doesn't get rattled...not the fastest but fast enough. To those who said earlier, he wasn't any good have some apologies owed to him.
Not sure I trust your track record on whose good enough to do what.

LES MILES

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT