ADVERTISEMENT

Do we want NC state or Duke?

I'm VERY confident against either... Probably Duke... Because NC state are playing with house money... They had a kid absolutely go off the other night to win their game...

Reactions: 02BoilerUp
Is Duke better? Yes would I rather see Duke? I think yes

Don’t really wanna risk keeping losing to a double digit seed thing again

• Wow
Reactions: rgarlitz
So nc state neither of their 5 man shoots 3s.

That alone benefits us enough to prefer nc state IMO.

Filipkowski cant guard edey but he would force edey out to the 3. Unless we put edey on their 4 man who is less a threat out there and kaufman on filip

I still lean toward nc state. They are hot but less talented

I think we are heavy favorites on both

So nc state neither of their 5 man shoots 3s.

That alone benefits us enough to prefer nc state IMO.

Filipkowski cant guard edey but he would force edey out to the 3. Unless we put edey on their 4 man who is less a threat out there and kaufman on filip

I still lean toward nc state. They are hot but less talented

I think we are heavy favorites on both
Thats exactly how we played them last time edey will not be on filip

Don’t really care! I’d rather have Duke so Edey can prove to the nba draft scouts that he is better than Flipowski. But right now I’m savoring the moment we’re in the. Final 4.

Thats exactly how we played them last time edey will not be on filip
Ok then that makes sense and will be exactly what we do this time.

I worry with nc states big being so thick and lower center of gravity that edey wont be able to move him. He wont challenge edeys shot but he may keep edey from getting deep position.

Idk whats best now tbh

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I suspect it will be Duke. But in a season of exorcizing demons, it would be fitting to face an 11 seed in the national semi-final.

DJ Burns v. Zach Edey would be an epic battle.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I don't think either one can put enough size on Zach. I think it's a complete mismatch no matter who it is. Duke's guards are tough, and Flip can shoot from the perimeter, but unless he's playing with 4 guards, Zach isn't on him on D.

40-38 NC State right now. Under 12.

Reactions: boilerzz
I read somewhere that every NC State starter began his career somewhere else. Burns started out at Winthrop, if I recall.

And they're not the only ones. Transfer portal is ruining the college game IMO.
Then you have Purdue with one transfer player in their entire rotation. I'd like to see some clamp down on transfers, but when you have a coach like Painter who develops players well (and a good NIL program), you can do a lot of damage.

And they're not the only ones. Transfer portal is ruining the college game IMO.
I didn't necessarily mean that as a negative. You have to give credit to the NC State coaching staff for putting this team together, even if it didn't all come together until the ACC Tournament.

Similar to what Danny Sprinkle and Utah State did--only they had it working out of the gate. I guess it's good if you can work the portal that way.

Duke looking like a fraud
Definitely overrated. I lived in ACC country until pretty recently, and this wasn't really supposed to be their year. NC State signed a deal with the devil because they're definitely NOT this good.

I read somewhere that every NC State starter began his career somewhere else. Burns started out at Winthrop, if I recall.

Burns actually redshirted on that great '19 Tennessee team Purdue played in Louisville in round of 16. Then yes, three years @ Winthrop and two for North Carolina State.

Good grief Duke has zero discipline, just wild drives, rushed threes, and I don't know how they got to the Elite 8 if this is how they play.

Good grief Duke has zero discipline, just wild drives, rushed threes, and I don't know how they got to the Elite 8 if this is how they play.

They looked really good the first two rounds - thought James Madison would give them trouble. Shead injuring his ankle ended up being the difference for them advancing. The South Region ended up being the one with some chaos.

This current NC st offense runs through burns. Teams have to double him and he makes great passes to open players who are hitting their open shots... Good news, barring foul trouble, we shouldn't have to double Burns...

State doesn't have a bench and if Zach can do his thing I can't imagine Burns winning the battle....Burns is used to being the bully on the floor

Reactions: The Boiler Special
not one of dukes better teams. a bit out of control with no shooters(at least in this game). now we face the dreaded double digit team. just do this damn thing boilers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT