ADVERTISEMENT

Did Walters call the offense?

I keep hearing this? So, he, Simmons and players watched the brohm film and called the O? I’m confused
The current understanding is he thought about doing it for Wisconsin but didn't feel he was ready. Felt more comfortable doing it against Illinois because it's his defense basically.

For whatever reason, he did a very good job at it.
Here's his best path towards not being fired...fire the DC, get a new one and let them run the defense, call the offensive plays himself.

Maybe it was a one time fluke, but that play calling was as creative as I've seen at Purdue given the talent levels.

The current understanding is he thought about doing it for Wisconsin but didn't feel he was ready. Felt more comfortable doing it against Illinois because it's his defense basically.

For whatever reason, he did a very good job at it.
Here's his best path towards not being fired...fire the DC, get a new one and let them run the defense, call the offensive plays himself.

Maybe it was a one time fluke, but that play calling was as creative as I've seen at Purdue given the talent levels.

The problem is being able to hire a good DC. His being young and not having developed a lot of relationships with other coaches may have been his biggest obstacle. Not being able to hire good coaches.

BC, yes, CWR called the offensive plays last game and will do going forward per his press conference yesterday.

As the poster above stated, he wasn't comfortable enough with the terminology to call the plays against WI, which seems odd to me seeing how he's the head coach.

His presser was pretty telling to me. Harrell seemingly had free reign on the offense and as the QB coach. Im not sure CRW really understood what was going on with the offense.

Anyway, his offensive play calling and game plan was very Brohm esque. More of that please.

He did and against his former team. We'll know Saturday really if it was a fluke that it worked or a small glimmer of optimism.
Eh again, with any coach who comes here… these games against these super teams with all the money in the world tell us very little if we get beat.

BC, yes, CWR called the offensive plays last game and will do going forward per his press conference yesterday.

As the poster above stated, he wasn't comfortable enough with the terminology to call the plays against WI, which seems odd to me seeing how he's the head coach.

His presser was pretty telling to me. Harrell seemingly had free reign on the offense and as the QB coach. Im not sure CRW really understood what was going on with the offense.

Anyway, his offensive play calling and game plan was very Brohm esque. More of that please.
Harrell’s offense was “run four comebacks because I’m doing Purdue a favor being here.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT