ADVERTISEMENT

Did Trump Violate Campaign Finance Laws?

LOL, you are a complete tool. I will try to make sense of this gibberish.

Haha. So we're all done with the investigations?

I said or implied that where? I will wait.

Trump foundation, Pecker, another Mannafort trial, Cohen isn't finished, and there's still that pesky Mueller thing. Drip drip. Go ahead with your end zone celebration but we haven't even reached half-time.

So what exactly did I celebrate and where? I will wait. Mannafort and Cohen are Maanafort and Cohen, not Trump. Newsflash, people are responsible for their own actions. That pesky Mueller thing? Like I said, show the treason, collusion, and conspiracy. That is what this was supposed to be about. I am having a hard time seeing how hush money to playboy models and strippers is collusion. Maybe you can help me with the connection. You have a lot of projections issues, much like qazplm did. Dems/libs are celebrating now. Over what? Not sure.

Read. I said you are defending your vote by downplaying his faults.......not that you are defending them.

Did I vote for him? No. Am I glad he is in office over Clinton? Yes. Not downplaying his faults if one would read posts that would be easily seen. Many of these faults were known well before election. People are getting all worked up and excited over known character issues and forget this all started out with alleged treason/collusion/conspiracy.

They're no big deal......like your other post about these charges being underwhelming. You dismiss everything that looks bad for Trump. Somehow you think it all makes Trump look better.......at least not as bad. Sorry that campaign violations isn't sexy, but it is still breaking the law.

I know Cohen and Mannafort broke the law, do not see or know where where Trump did. And even pundits on the left state that if he did it to keep from his wife or keep the news away from family it is not a violation. Is it a mess, sure is. Feel bad for Melania and Ivanka more than anything. Campaign violations are a common occurrence fixed by paying money back or a fine. Just reality. Does it make Trump look better? Not sure how. It is not the entire collusion/conspiracy though.

You disregard every transgression that comes up. There may or may not be a nuclear Trump bomb out there, but each drip gets us closer to finding out. Even if there isn't, each instance of Trump flaunting laws and norms just adds to the list........and the list may very well be what gets him. Meanwhile, you will continue to act like the list means nothing.

I am not sure where you get confused as I think you get confused pretty easy. But Mannafort and Cohen being guilty is not a Trump transgression. Trump paid some hush money to American woman that he had sex with. Ok, that helps with what? Are they Russian? Did the Russians pay for it? I think if enough politicians think they need to impeach Trump to save their butts they will. That has always been the case, it always will. Has nothing to do with any list. Flaunting laws and norms not even sure what that means. As for the list meaning nothing? In terms of the original allegations, right now, there is no connection.

With all this talk about you have about dripping would suggest you go see a doctor.
You act as though these other investigations mean nothing if they don't tie into the collusion angle. Did the hush money go to Russian hookers? Wtf? That's what you keep doing. The Russia investigation HAS NOTHING to do with the other investigations......other than they all started at the same place. Is that what's confusing you.......or just pissing you off.......because without Russia these other issues may not have been found?

You say Russia and the other investigations are "world's apart". Uh, duh! No shit. Does that make them less important? Less dangerous for Trump? The way it sounds, as long as there was no collusion you'll be good......even if Trump gets tossed for campaign finance, tax evasion, money laundering etc.

You act like the Cohen and Mannafort convictions have nothing to do with Trump. Is this Fox thing because everywhere else people realize they are all tied together. Is your head planted firmly in the sand?

You are celebrating, acting like nothing with these other investigations have to do with Russia......so Trump is good. Just keep thinking that.

It doesn't matter what this was "supposed" to be about. Mueller has the authority to investigate any matters than arise out of the original investigation. He can also hand them off, like Cohen in the SDNY. Like I said, I know that pisses you off but it's legal. This shit STILL HAPPENED whether it was part if the original investigation or not.

It amazes me how many diehard Trump supporters here didn't even vote for him.

Reactions: Bill4411 and miksta
You act as though these other investigations mean nothing if they don't tie into the collusion angle. Did the hush money go to Russian hookers? Wtf? That's what you keep doing. The Russia investigation HAS NOTHING to do with the other investigations......other than they all started at the same place. Is that what's confusing you.......or just pissing you off.......because without Russia these other issues may not have been found?

You say Russia and the other investigations are "world's apart". Uh, duh! No shit. Does that make them less important? Less dangerous for Trump? The way it sounds, as long as there was no collusion you'll be good......even if Trump gets tossed for campaign finance, tax evasion, money laundering etc.

You act like the Cohen and Mannafort convictions have nothing to do with Trump. Is this Fox thing because everywhere else people realize they are all tied together. Is your head planted firmly in the sand?

You are celebrating, acting like nothing with these other investigations have to do with Russia......so Trump is good. Just keep thinking that.

It doesn't matter what this was "supposed" to be about. Mueller has the authority to investigate any matters than arise out of the original investigation. He can also hand them off, like Cohen in the SDNY. Like I said, I know that pisses you off but it's legal. This shit STILL HAPPENED whether it was part if the original investigation or not.

Yeah, because unlike you, they can actually see what's going on. Trump is absolutely right when he calls this a "witch hunt". The idiots on the left and the Never Trumpers think that doing this is going to score political points with most of America. Most Americans don't care, and some see the investigation for what it is - a corrupt sham. So instead of scoring with most of America, it's actually helping to galvanize the R base and is driving some Is and even some moderate Ds over to Trump's side. Imagine that. It is helping rally the most hardcore Leftists out. And it certainly is triggering people like you......

There seems to be separate rules for people in the previous administration and HRC's campaign, and people on Trump's campaign. Comey, Clapper, Brennan, HRC can break all kinds of laws and commit all kinds of malfeasance, yet they are not taken to task. If people worked with Trump, they are relentlessly targeted. Manafort did break the law and is a slimeball. He deserves to be taken to task. Cohen committed campaign finance law violations and has pled guilty. But lots of other people have had needlessly had their lives ruined because they dared to support Trump.

What you fail to acknowledge is that this whole investigation started because of supposed Trump campaign collusion with Russia. There is none and none will be found.

You're part of the crowd that thinks "let's just keep digging, and eventually SOMETHING will come out of the woodwork." Meanwhile, 2/3rds of the country are tired of this unrelenting "witch hunt" and want it to end.

fortunately voters have independents and alternative party choices, not just team R/D.

trump has a perfect opportunity to run as independent next election, and truly disrupt these deep state fears

He does. Not sure I see that happening. Americans typically do not vote third party. I did last election and will not do it again unless a third party looks like it can get money and on debates. I find it strange that 10 plus candidates can get on primary debates but they do not let the third party rep on.

If your read my post(s) it is pretty clear I have said they will mean something if enough politicians decide they have to vote to impeach to save their own ass. That is the way politics work. I am not confused at all. Like you said, the Russia investigated started everything, it was based on collusion, conspiracy, obstruction-that is what I want to see. Present that as a reason for an investigation and give me he paid off hot women to stay quiet after they had sex and I just am not interested. I am not pissed, I am more than good with Pence in office. I have said that before too.

The people that are pissed are the people that are still pissed Trump won election. Sorry man, but it is becoming clear that you and yours did not care about collusion, conspiracy, obstruction, but just wanted a big investigation, to dig up dirt on anything, in hopes he would be impeached. people would be better off if they just said as much.

I must have missed all of his even if charges that you speak of. Campaign finance issues? Obama had one, so did Clinton, she is in court for one right now. How much do I care or did I post on them? Maybe once, twice. Pay it back and I could give a crap.

And hey, can you show me why you quoted world's apart? I did not remember typing that.

Sure it matters. I, and just not me but a lot of people, were told one thing that was extremely serious, and are ending up with charges that Trump is a womanizer. Oh well. Just not interested. The guy is a jerk/jackass. he is not the only one I know.

You would do much better to state why you think something, how you feel about something, and supply some critical thinking behind your thoughts rather claiming to know what pisses people off or what you think they are thinking. No offense but this is a qazplm tactic

Never said it did or did not happen. What I did say is it is not the aforementioned serious charges in regard to Russia and I do not see guilty next to Trump's name.

Diehard Trump supporter? Or is it being objective and do not have a hard on about hoping the President gets impeached? Big difference.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Yeah, because unlike you, they can actually see what's going on. Trump is absolutely right when he calls this a "witch hunt". The idiots on the left and the Never Trumpers think that doing this is going to score political points with most of America. Most Americans don't care, and some see the investigation for what it is - a corrupt sham. So instead of scoring with most of America, it's actually helping to galvanize the R base and is driving some Is and even some moderate Ds over to Trump's side. Imagine that. It is helping rally the most hardcore Leftists out. And it certainly is triggering people like you......

There seems to be separate rules for people in the previous administration and HRC's campaign, and people on Trump's campaign. Comey, Clapper, Brennan, HRC can break all kinds of laws and commit all kinds of malfeasance, yet they are not taken to task. If people worked with Trump, they are relentlessly targeted. Manafort did break the law and is a slimeball. He deserves to be taken to task. Cohen committed campaign finance law violations and has pled guilty. But lots of other people have had needlessly had their lives ruined because they dared to support Trump.

What you fail to acknowledge is that this whole investigation started because of supposed Trump campaign collusion with Russia. There is none and none will be found.

You're part of the crowd that thinks "let's just keep digging, and eventually SOMETHING will come out of the woodwork." Meanwhile, 2/3rds of the country are tired of this unrelenting "witch hunt" and want it to end.
Trump and republicans are in charge of all arms of the federal government. They are free to investigate all those broken-laws you keep alluding to.. but somehow he and every republican have graciously decided not to. how kind of Trump. why? Because we all know he isn't some petty vindictive man, right? or perhaps, they're not investigating those things because there's nothing to investigate. He and his folks are being investigated because there is something to investigate. Nobody put a gun to his head and made him hire, a tax-dodging Russian PR guy as his campaign manager.

Trump and republicans are in charge of all arms of the federal government. They are free to investigate all those broken-laws you keep alluding to.. but somehow he and every republican have graciously decided not to. how kind of Trump. why? Because we all know he isn't some petty vindictive man, right? or perhaps, they're not investigating those things because there's nothing to investigate. He and his folks are being investigated because there is something to investigate. Nobody put a gun to his head and made him hire, a tax-dodging Russian PR guy as his campaign manager.
Do you honestly think Rosenstein and Jeff Sessions are acting like they work for President Trump? No. They act like they are running interference for HRC and the former Obama Administration, just like Comey, Clapper, Brennan.....did.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Do you honestly think Rosenstein and Jeff Sessions are acting like they work for President Trump? No. They act like they are running interference for HRC and the former Obama Administration, just like Comey, Clapper, Brennan.....did.
the idiotic lengths you will go to defend idiotic ideas. The same Comey guy who basically handed Trump the election? or the long-term southern republican Jeff Sessions who was one of the earliest mainstream republican supporters of Donald Trump? but they all overnight turned democrat and started protecting the Clintons and Obamas. Dude, you are far too intelligent to be spewing such conspiracy, deep-state, rubbish. Sometimes, when it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, quacks like a duck, it just might be a duck. There's no conspiracy anywhere. It is what it is.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
the idiotic lengths you will go to defend idiotic ideas. The same Comey guy who basically handed Trump the election? or the long-term southern republican Jeff Sessions who was one of the earliest mainstream republican supporters of Donald Trump? but they all overnight turned democrat and started protecting the Clintons and Obamas. Dude, you are far too intelligent to be spewing such conspiracy, deep-state, rubbish. Sometimes, when it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, quacks like a duck, it just might be a duck. There's no conspiracy anywhere. It is what it is.
Sorry, I know what I see. I also know what has come out since the election.

Americans typically do not vote third party. I did last election and will not do it again unless a third party looks like it can get money and on debates.
this is much of the problem.
candidates (and most everyone) become complicit with the rules and requirements set by the 2 parties and networks/media. we see the lengths the D/R parties and media would go to stifle certain candidates and ideas (sanders, ron paul).

my criticism of the third parties & independents is that they are not resourceful, relentless, cohesive enough yet. I'm still optimistic though that soon they will find a successful method to fight the hurdles the 2 parties use to stifle competition. e.g. create something viral online/social media to activate and inspire many voters - this doesn't rely on big $. they could utilize popular websites or just create/advertise their own site where they could showcase debates - this doesn't rely on biased traditional media (which is subject to more decline anyway).

individuals can choose for themselves, and adopt far more options/competition going forward. these changes can occur quickly - all it takes is for voters to decide to not play the old-style game anymore.

Last edited:
Sorry, I know what I see. I also know what has come out since the election.
Why don’t you go back to that other thread and say more about how Obama rewrote Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act in 2013? You are completely off base with that, just like most things. That’s what happens when you rely on blog spam for your news.

this is much of the problem.
candidates (and most everyone) become complicit with the rules and requirements set by the 2 parties and networks/media. we see the lengths the D/R parties and media would go to stifle certain candidates and ideas (sanders, ron paul).

my criticism of the third parties & independents is that they are not resourceful, relentless, cohesive enough yet. I'm still optimistic though that soon they will find a successful method to fight the hurdles the 2 parties use to stifle competition. e.g. create something viral online/social media to activate and inspire many voters - this doesn't rely on big $. they could utilize popular websites or just create/advertise their own site where they could showcase debates - this doesn't rely on biased traditional media (which is subject to more decline anyway).

individuals can choose for themselves, and adopt far more options/competition going forward. these changes can occur quickly - all it takes is for voters to decide to not play the old-style game anymore.

With facebook, twiiter, and instagram, and other social media outlets I think this should be able to get done in a much simpler manner than they have attempted so far.

I just really think a viable third party causes the traditional parties to put out better candidates for election as well forces them to clean up their act some. Hunkgolden mentioned here or in another thread how all of this news/twitter outbursts will evantually wear on people and Trump will get replaced. I agree for the most part. This crap is getting way old.

Where I disagree if it comes down to choice between him and a far left candidate that has talked about nationalizing corporations(Warren). No other option but those two and Trump has a good chance. Get in a viable third part candidate and I think they could win, and R and D would both put in better candidates due to their presence.

With facebook, twiiter, and instagram, and other social media outlets I think this should be able to get done in a much simpler manner than they have attempted so far.

I just really think a viable third party causes the traditional parties to put out better candidates for election as well forces them to clean up their act some. Hunkgolden mentioned here or in another thread how all of this news/twitter outbursts will evantually wear on people and Trump will get replaced. I agree for the most part. This crap is getting way old.

Where I disagree if it comes down to choice between him and a far left candidate that has talked about nationalizing corporations(Warren). No other option but those two and Trump has a good chance. Get in a viable third part candidate and I think they could win, and R and D would both put in better candidates due to their presence.
Not sure about that. It takes lots of $$$$$$$$ to win Presidential campaigns these days. I just don't see Is having the resources to get the kind of money required to win.

Not sure about that. It takes lots of $$$$$$$$ to win Presidential campaigns these days. I just don't see Is having the resources to get the kind of money required to win.
As long as campaign money is considered free speech it's unlikely a third party can have much effect.
right, but the point was that newer, competitive platforms or approaches wouldn't require near the big $. there are more ways around those barriers to entry to traditional national campaigning, especially compared to the current millions to billions spent now.

as a smaller example & to trump's credit,
he didn't need to spend as much on advertising, because he utilized the free press he received (which was not solely due to already being known).

maybe someday a 'conservative' party will emerge that doesn't believe in big spending before getting in office & after getting into office. :)

Reactions: Purdue97
right, but the point was that newer, competitive platforms or approaches wouldn't require near the big $. there are more ways around those barriers to entry to traditional national campaigning, especially compared to the current millions to billions spent now.

he didn't need to spend as much on advertising, because he utilized the free press he received (which was not solely due to already being known).

maybe someday a 'conservative' party will emerge that doesn't believe in big spending before getting in office & after getting into office. :)
I don’t disagree, but Trump spent 1/2 of HRC and that was still around $700M. He did use social media and cable coverage very effectively.

I haven't seen any effective ways around spending lots of money. The amount spent goes up every election, there's a reason for that. It still works.

Give the same free air time to all, cap the campaign amounts. Let the message do the talking, not the money.

Yep, see Teump and twitter. Do not even need a twitter account. Tweet something by 4am and ut is all news will talk/write about all day. And he did that during election, not jyst after winning.

Yep, see Teump and twitter. Do not even need a twitter account. Tweet something by 4am and ut is all news will talk/write about all day. And he did that during election, not jyst after winning.
Yup. He dominated the cable news cycles, and he seems to be of the mindset that publicity, whether positive or negative, is always good.

He does. Not sure I see that happening. Americans typically do not vote third party. I did last election and will not do it again unless a third party looks like it can get money and on debates. I find it strange that 10 plus candidates can get on primary debates but they do not let the third party rep on.
That's because republicans and democrats only agree on one thing anymore that being don't allow a third party to gain any traction.

Reactions: Purdue97
That's because republicans and democrats only agree on one thing anymore that being don't allow a third party to gain any traction.
The other thing is that most of the third-party candidates recently (Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, etc.) are whacky and generally unelectable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT