ADVERTISEMENT

Did Rondale Cost Himself . . .

Nov 25, 2011
By opting out of football this Fall and prior to the B1G announcement of “no football”, did Rondale cost himself financially in the way of a scholarship?

By declaring he is focused on the NFL draft and using this Fall to begin prepping, he is technically no longer on athletic aid . . . Looks like had he held off for a couple of weeks he would have enjoyed the best of both worlds. As they say, timing in life is everything!

Do you think this is the case for this young man??

I think all players had the option to opt out this season and keep their scholarship.
Even after publicly giving up your affiliation with Purdue Football? I think keeping your scholarship would be the case for players remaining with the program by opting out for “safety” reasons.

Interesting take but it seems like Rondale announced he was leaving the program. I hope for his sake he remains on a aid.

Last edited:
Even after publicly giving up your affiliation with Purdue Football? I think keeping your scholarship would be the case for players remaining with the program by opting out for “safety” reasons.

Interesting take but it seems like Rondale announced he was leaving the program. I hope for his sake he remains on a aid.
I think he is still on scholarship, even if he is not; he is predicted to be a top 15 draft choice. Something seems to tell me that we will be ok financially.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
He graduates in December. Purdue will pay for his fall semester. He will also be getting
Paid by his agent to train. He came out the winner here.
IF he has an agent AND is taking $$ from the agent he cannot be on any aid from Purdue athletics. Opens up a whole new can of worms.

IF he has an agent AND is taking $$ from the agent he cannot be on any aid from Purdue athletics. Opens up a whole new can of worms.
He can take aid and money as long as Purdue doesn’t play him. Nothing to see here

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Good thing he was registered for and tuition will be paid prior to him getting his first agent check then huh? Also, he can take money from an agent as long as Purdue doesn’t Play him. The kid has nearly a 4.00 and was the face of our program. Methinks they found some academic money for him to finish just one more semester....just a hunch.

Reactions: KingofJersey
I'm sure Purdue and Moore are handling this in the correct and proper fashion.

I don't think it hurts him with scholarship money. But as an NFL team if I am between Moore and another guy and they are close, I pick the guy who didn't opt out. Maybe I am old fashioned I want the leader who goes down swinging.

Not close to Rondale in any way other than being a big fan. He strikes me as soneone who is pursuing his dreams very seriously. Jerry Rice-esque work ethic. I could easily see the uncertainty of a constant practice/workout regime being part of his decision.

Note: his combine numbers could be absolutely insane.

Reggie Bush was a MUCH better college player. He is considered top 10 all time college players. His college career is infinitely better better. And he is as a below average NFL player. Rondale was well below .500 at Purdue. The overall recored is below .500 since he took the field and actually better without him. He will probably be below average in the NFL. And Purdue with their Savior Brohm and Rondale are below .500 in the B1G West, which is a horrible P5 conference.
Explain to me how any of that is wrong...

Reggie Bush was a MUCH better college player. He is considered top 10 all time college players. His college career is infinitely better better. And he is as a below average NFL player. Rondale was well below .500 at Purdue. The overall recored is below .500 since he took the field and actually better without him. He will probably be below average in the NFL. And Purdue with their Savior Brohm and Rondale are below .500 in the B1G West, which is a horrible P5 conference.
1) if college meant anything at the next level, Tim Tebow would be a hall of fame qb
2) hard to be good In the pros with that many leg injuries

Any other attempts?

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
If you think Purdue was better without Rondale, although the record shows that, and you dont understand that may be an anomaly Of who we played and other things, I’m guessing you don't know football.

1) if college meant anything at the next level, Tim Tebow would be a hall of fame qb
2) hard to be good In the pros with that many leg injuries

Any other attempts?
Can’t wait to see Drew Lock be a first ballot hall of famer too.

The butthurt is strong here. Ask OSU how good Rondale is.

For starters, how about the part where you stated Bush was a "below average NFL player". Bush had over 9,000 yards from scrimmage.

I don't think it hurts him with scholarship money. But as an NFL team if I am between Moore and another guy and they are close, I pick the guy who didn't opt out. Maybe I am old fashioned I want the leader who goes down swinging.
I sure wouldn't want you making my decisions if I owned A NFL team

Good thing he was registered for and tuition will be paid prior to him getting his first agent check then huh? Also, he can take money from an agent as long as Purdue doesn’t Play him. The kid has nearly a 4.00 and was the face of our program. Methinks they found some academic money for him to finish just one more semester....just a hunch.

An athletics scholarship and academic scholarship are not the same. Athletes, even as you may be led to not think, ARE indeed paid. They receive not only cost of living funds at the high end of the spectrum (athletes across the country often live in the most expensive off campus housing you can get because they're being supported to), they also just receive checks now on top of it - varying by school but $4-5k I believe.

Obviously signing away professionally willl pay you more than that, but he can probably live 3-4 months to sustain his scholarship and finish his degree before signing. But it's all a fluid situation anymore these days, maybe I'm wrong! He could also just not take his athletic scholarship and pay 1 semester tuition to finish his degree - which is not a big expense.

An athletics scholarship and academic scholarship are not the same. Athletes, even as you may be led to not think, ARE indeed paid. They receive not only cost of living funds at the high end of the spectrum (athletes across the country often live in the most expensive off campus housing you can get because they're being supported to), they also just receive checks now on top of it - varying by school but $4-5k I believe.

Obviously signing away professionally willl pay you more than that, but he can probably live 3-4 months to sustain his scholarship and finish his degree before signing. But it's all a fluid situation anymore these days, maybe I'm wrong! He could also just not take his athletic scholarship and pay 1 semester tuition to finish his degree - which is not a big expense.
Yeah I got a really good handle on how the funds work. Trust me. They dont receive cost of living funds. It’s called room and board. They get checks in x amount and they can choose to live in whatever housing arrangements they want (With the exception of freshman) and have multiple roommates to save more of their money if they wish. They also get a living allowance “ stipend” and it’s based on geographical distance from their homes. Plummer from Arizona gets a lot more that kids from Indiana, Chicago go, etc. But back to the original point, Rondales not paying a dime for this semester

You say a lot of dumb shit you know? And then disappear for awhile before coming back. Rondale was the only unanimous freshman AA the B1G has ever had. Who cares what Purdue’s record was? He was phenomenal. I’m assuming you didn’t even go to ND.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilers424
You say a lot of dumb shit you know? And then disappear for awhile before coming back. Rondale was the only unanimous freshman AA the B1G has ever had. Who cares what Purdue’s record was? He was phenomenal. I’m assuming you didn’t even go to ND.

For anyone to say Rondale is not an amazing talent is just dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT