ADVERTISEMENT

Did brian bullcrap us about stephens?

Summy1

Junior
Jun 17, 2015
Brian first reported that stephens may leave the team. I think he mentioned he was unhappy? Turns out that stephens needed some time off because of friends death. Did brian jump the gun?

Reactions: cprh9u
Brian first reported that stephens may leave the team. I think he mentioned he was unhappy? Turns out that stephens needed some time off because of friends death. Did brian jump the gun?

Brian's reporting probably took it a bit too far - it went one step beyond the friend's death. Whether or not it's true, if you won't report what the other issues are, it's best to not say anything. It led to a lot of rampant speculation on this board, which GBI actually shut down a thread about (even though Brian's reporting was basically innuendo).

It is what it is, hopefully Kendall is back and focused. We could use him!

Reactions: cprh9u
Brian's reporting probably took it a bit too far - it went one step beyond the friend's death. Whether or not it's true, if you won't report what the other issues are, it's best to not say anything. It led to a lot of rampant speculation on this board, which GBI actually shut down a thread about (even though Brian's reporting was basically innuendo).

Maybe he was frustrated.

Maybe he took some time to reflect and chose to come back.

Maybe Brian's reporting was innuendo to say the team isn't sure where his head is.

I don't think his report was 'bull' in fact I credit him for not jumping to conclusion and over-reporting on a sensitive topic.

What thread was deleted?

What thread was deleted?

There was someone who started a thread on here referring to Brian's report about "other issues" and questioning Stephens. The thread was deleted rather quickly.

Maybe there were/are other issues, but I'm also guessing GBI knew why Hammons was suspended at the beginning of the season, yet they just went along with the talking points from Purdue - and even went as far as to specifically deny certain things.

I just don't think it's a good idea to report basically innuendo as "other issues" tacked onto his friend's death if you aren't willing to actually say what it is. And if you're going to delete threads based on your own reporting - then don't report it to begin with. They invited speculation and rumors with that kind of reporting.

Reactions: *4purdue*
Brian was just repeating what Ted Cruz had reported. Or was it CNN?

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Yes, she did lose it, but luckily the Russians and the Chinese found it.
lucky for them, but not us. I wish it were contained to only the Russians and Chinese...how 'bout that middle east? Bottom line I hope we see Kendall a contributor soon...

Brian did NOT say that KS was unhappy at all. He said that he needed some time off to deal with the death of a close friend and I believe said there was no timeline for his return. People love to take benign reportings and then start the rumor mill, which is undoubtedly where you heard those things mentioned.

Ya, like he took 2.5 weeks off and isn't in as good of shape as he was prior.
Come on... Really.... The kid is 20 years old, been playing basketball his whole life and you don't think he's in shape to play his 4 minutes per half in a stand around offense. Okay, I'm sure that's it.

Come on... Really.... The kid is 20 years old, been playing basketball his whole life and you don't think he's in shape to play his 4 minutes per half in a stand around offense. Okay, I'm sure that's it.
Do u not understand just how good of shape these guys are in? It is not the same for average people, but I know average guys that after a month off told me that they noticed a huge change in stamina. So yes I am sure he is getting it back but 4 days practice was not going to be enough.

Reactions: mathboy
Brian did NOT say that KS was unhappy at all. He said that he needed some time off to deal with the death of a close friend and I believe said there was no timeline for his return. People love to take benign reportings and then start the rumor mill, which is undoubtedly where you heard those things mentioned.

Actually, he added onto the death of a close friend and said something about there being other issues. That's what this thread is based on. Brian's report went 1 step further than other media sources.

Reactions: *4purdue*
Has to be more to this that we are not hearing...

He missed 3 games. You don't just get inserted back in. Keep in mind, he hasn't even been back for a week and obviously a couple of those days the team didn't practice.

I'd guess we will see him play some, but not a lot. Of course, depending how the game is going.

Do u not understand just how good of shape these guys are in? It is not the same for average people, but I know average guys that after a month off told me that they noticed a huge change in stamina. So yes I am sure he is getting it back but 4 days practice was not going to be enough.
Big difference between an average guy & a 20 year old. But if you think he's out of shape & can't play for 4 minutes, they we will have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: 88btfu92
Big difference between an average guy & a 20 year old. But if you think he's out of shape & can't play for 4 minutes, they we will have to agree to disagree.
Just when you think you've heard it all...a guy's falls out of shape in less than 2 weeks.

I bet you've never played before then or go much to the gym? Man..if I don't hit the gym atleast 5 times a week or take a month off with zero basketball...I feel it the next time I play. Basketball is a different type of cardio for sure!!

WHat was written about KS? I only remember them saying it was too early to know how this would end and that was like the very night it came out.

I bet you've never played before then or go much to the gym? Man..if I don't hit the gym atleast 5 times a week or take a month off with zero basketball...I feel it the next time I play. Basketball is a different type of cardio for sure!!
4 mins? He's in a helluva lot better shape than you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT