ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats: "A drag queen in every school."

You acting all Libertarian with variations of "Yeh, it's weird, but if you're an adult, do whatever you want." But if you truly felt that way, you wouldn't be trying to find ways to blame them (Don't tell me I have to accept you!). You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't care.

"Yeah, it's a free country, you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't break the law ... unless it's weird, then I'll blame them for forcing me to accept their weird behavior."

Right?

That said, there are some borderline case that is worth the thought experiment. Let's say there is a guy who raises a chicken. It dies. The man has sex with it and then buries it. Someone else finds out and the entire town is treating this man like a pervert. Now the man goes public and really high profile, trying to gain acceptance, pleading his case that he hasn't hurt anyone, and that he should have the right to do whatever that is not illegal. If people find his high profile plea for acceptance offensive, do you think that maybe the man should tone it down?

Are they targeting me? Yes, in a way. By trying to normalize this behavior and tell me I have to be accepting of it. No, I don't. It's not normal. It's abnormal and weird. But, there's no law against being weird, but there's no law in me telling someone it's weird either.
And yes, promoting story time to children by these people is flat out wrong. No other way to spin it.

And to your point about them just wanting to be left alone....As Joe would say "C'mon man!" These people are the definition of attention whores. They're looking for attention and to get a response, but when they get the response they don't like, they scream "Bigot!"
So just to make sure I’m up to speed here with what triggers you vs not:

1. Kids wearing masks during a pandemic: THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
2. Drag queens: THINK OF THE CHILDREN but also LOOK AT THESE NBA CHEERLEADERS WITH THEIR VAGINAS BARELY COVERED. I SAID LOOK AT THEM , BILLY!!
3. School shootings where kids are killed: 🤷🏻‍♂️, but let’s arm every school with members of the military, arm the teachers, ramp up active shooter drills, and only give kids one way in or out so if there’s something like a fire, thoughts and prayers! This is fine.

That seems to sum it up nicely.

"Yeah, it's a free country, you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't break the law ... unless it's weird, then I'll blame them for forcing me to accept their weird behavior."

Right?

That said, there are some borderline case that is worth the thought experiment. Let's say there is a guy who raises a chicken. It dies. The man has sex with it and then buries it. Someone else finds out and the entire town is treating this man like a pervert. Now the man goes public and really high profile, trying to gain acceptance, pleading his case that he hasn't hurt anyone, and that he should have the right to do whatever that is not illegal. If people find his high profile plea for acceptance offensive, do you think that maybe the man should tone it down?
This……. Is a Really, really bad analogy.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
This……. Is a Really, really bad analogy.

It is not meant as an analogy. It is a thought experiment.

It comes from Prof Jonathan Haidt in his book "The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion."

(Prof Haidt is Democrat and guest speaker at the DNC)

Prof Haidt identifies 5 different moral areas, and he notices that liberals tend to emphasis on care and fairness. Meanwhile, conservatives tend to score higher when it comes to loyalty, authority, and sanctity.

So with the "Drag queen in every school", I briefly read the story and it sounds like the AG was half joking. I am not surprised it got spun as if she was crazy and determined to get drag queen in every school by people with a Conservative view.

I agree with Bob that a lot of so-called conservatives who talk about "free country" are hypocritical when they would try to impose their view on others too instead of respecting the person's liberty. I try to understand where that comes from, and I think it's from the sanctity moral foundation.

The clash here is fairness (which liberals tend to emphasize) against sanctity (which conservatives tend to emphasize).

It is not meant as an analogy. It is a thought experiment.

It comes from Prof Jonathan Haidt in his book "The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion."

(Prof Haidt is Democrat and guest speaker at the DNC)

Prof Haidt identifies 5 different moral areas, and he notices that liberals tend to emphasis on care and fairness. Meanwhile, conservatives tend to score higher when it comes to loyalty, authority, and sanctity.

So with the "Drag queen in every school", I briefly read the story and it sounds like the AG was half joking. I am not surprised it got spun as if she was crazy and determined to get drag queen in every school by people with a Conservative view.

I agree with Bob that a lot of so-called conservatives who talk about "free country" are hypocritical when they would try to impose their view on others too instead of respecting the person's liberty. I try to understand where that comes from, and I think it's from the sanctity moral foundation.

The clash here is fairness (which liberals tend to emphasize) against sanctity (which conservatives tend to emphasize).

Gotcha. That makes more sense and appreciate the additional insight.

I have a solution I think can bring both sides together here. Yes, let's put a drag queen in every school, and give each one of them a gun. Example of moral diversity and gender equity AND ever present security. What is not to like?

So just to make sure I’m up to speed here with what triggers you vs not:

1. Kids wearing masks during a pandemic: THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
2. Drag queens: THINK OF THE CHILDREN but also LOOK AT THESE NBA CHEERLEADERS WITH THEIR VAGINAS BARELY COVERED. I SAID LOOK AT THEM , BILLY!!
3. School shootings where kids are killed: 🤷🏻‍♂️, but let’s arm every school with members of the military, arm the teachers, ramp up active shooter drills, and only give kids one way in or out so if there’s something like a fire, thoughts and prayers! This is fine.

That seems to sum it up nicely.
That was a really weird transition.
You probably think breast feeding is sexual, right?
Let's take it a step further. Little Billy is at the beach and sees a woman in a skimpy bikini. Ok, that's normal. But....little Billy seeing a man, dressed up like a woman and acting a fool..that's not normal, and probably very confusing for little Billy.
Not sure what school shootings have to do with drag queens.

I have a solution I think can bring both sides together here. Yes, let's put a drag queen in every school, and give each one of them a gun. Example of moral diversity and gender equity AND ever present security. What is not to like?

286018854_10158909974228325_7329378977386371288_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT