ADVERTISEMENT

Dem strike another blow in their war against middle and low class

Fan1 is stuck in his liberal narrative.

Facts, reasonable outlook, and common sense are not his freind. The fact their are 100 million doccumented sick.....likely twice that undocumented sick, means that a majority of our mask wearing country, including me twice, have still gotten Covid. Like my doctor said.....masks are theater & virtue signaling show.
I haven't had COVID yet. I've had multiple surgeries and dozens of doctors appointments in the past year. I also work in law enforcement and have a ton of close contact with people on a daily basis.

I've also provided links to data that support my claims during this entire debate. I guess I'm just stuck in my factual narrative though.

I have heard that. I would say your business might be an outlier to the overall economy.

It seems construction, manufacturing, industry and service sectors are @ 80-100%. Although supply and labor shortages still pop up here and there.

Chips, baby formula, fertilizer, plastic tubing, some construction supplies, manufacturing components, etc. shortages have popped up, for sure, but are not indicative to the overall economy......which Biden administration tells us is flat out great!!.
Popped up?

The lead times for manufactured construction products isn't much different than the last two years. Windows, doors, cabinets, appliances still have long lead times from the time they are ordered.

Availability of standard or basic products have improved but still take longer than before Covid. But lead times for anything above that level haven't changed. Builders are ordering appliances before they even start the house and still not getting them in time.

Reactions: pcboiler
I have heard that. I would say your business might be an outlier to the overall economy.

It seems construction, manufacturing, industry and service sectors are @ 80-100%. Although supply and labor shortages still pop up here and there.

Chips, baby formula, fertilizer, plastic tubing, some construction supplies, manufacturing components, etc. shortages have popped up, for sure, but are not indicative to the overall economy......which Biden administration tells us is flat out great!!.

I work for a global top 200 company (by market cap) and get regular updates from our global supply chain SVP. The majority of my products are sold to electrical contractors, and I have plenty of distributors and contractors up my ass threatening liquidated damages. I'm well aware of how our competitors are doing, as right now a lot of the business is going to the supplier who can commit to the shortest lead times.

I'm sure that every industry is unique and the one I'm in is one of the worst, but right now it's just as bad as it has ever been. We overlap with the automobile industry for a lot of our components, which is also still struggling.

Popped up?

The lead times for manufactured construction products isn't much different than the last two years. Windows, doors, cabinets, appliances still have long lead times from the time they are ordered.

Availability of standard or basic products have improved but still take longer than before Covid. But lead times for anything above that level haven't changed. Builders are ordering appliances before they even start the house and still not getting them in time.
Keep your facts to yourself, you're just delusional due to your "liberal narrative." LOL

If virtually everyone had cared about wearing a mask, social distancing, using hand sanitizer, washing their hands, and etc, far less people would have caught it and died before the vaccines were rolled out. Instead Trump made it somewhat "cool" in conservative circles to have the "freedom" to choose otherwise.

The same goes for the vaccines. There is no defeating it, just like any other virus, but there are precautions that many people could have made.

Are you a "blame Biden for everything" type?

Biden did campaign on "shutting down the virus" like a typical politician would have. He pointed out a weakness in his opponent and said that he would do better. It was obviously a lie.
This just bogus. Masking did little to nothing otherwise you'd see a huge disparity in infection rates in areas where it was "cool" to not mask. My family didn't get Covid until we went to Jackson Hole where everyone was masked.

Only place I went where people weren't masking was later that year in Wyoming. Nobody got Covid from that trip.

Masking is a normal thing in places like China but they had to weld people into their homes to stop the spread. If masks worked, why was that necessary?

• Haha
Reactions: PUBV
Reactions: Boilermaker03
This just bogus. Masking did little to nothing otherwise you'd see a huge disparity in infection rates in areas where it was "cool" to not mask. My family didn't get Covid until we went to Jackson Hole where everyone was masked.

Only place I went where people weren't masking was later that year in Wyoming. Nobody got Covid from that trip.

Masking is a normal thing in places like China but they had to weld people into their homes to stop the spread. If masks worked, why was that necessary?
Because China wants to reach zero COVID cases, which is virtually impossible.

Where were you two years ago when Florida spring breakers and COVID parties kept causing spikes? They were all unmasked.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
They won't work when nobody is wearing them.

Unfortunately the vast majority of medical experts still disagree with you.
This expert disagrees with you. She was also the first person to state that the virus was airborne and nobody believed her then either.

Fan1 is stuck in his liberal narrative.

Facts, reasonable outlook, and common sense are not his freind. The fact their are 100 million doccumented sick mask wearers.....likely twice that undocumented sick mark wearers, means that a majority of our mask wearing country, including me twice, have still gotten Covid. Like my doctor said.....masks are theater & virtue signaling show.
That's not Fan1. Unless he changed his name.

I haven't had COVID yet. I've had multiple surgeries and dozens of doctors appointments in the past year. I also work in law enforcement and have a ton of close contact with people on a daily basis.

I've also provided links to data that support my claims during this entire debate. I guess I'm just stuck in my factual narrative though.
You probably had it and didn't know it. That's what happened to me. If it weren't for my wife having to be tested due to symptoms for her job, I would have never known.

Do you still wear a mask out in public? In your car? House? Are you vaxed and boosted?
I'm vaxed and boosted and was in the first wave of people to receive the vaccine. I don't wear my mask outside of medical facilities or other required areas, but I do carry hand sanitizer and use it often. Virtually nobody masks up in my area outside of medical facilities and the masking isn't very effective if I'm the only person wearing one. I'm also not crazy about drawing attention to myself by being the only person to wear a mask in most public places.

Because China wants to reach zero COVID cases, which is virtually impossible.

Where were you two years ago when Florida spring breakers and COVID parties kept causing spikes? They were all unmasked.
So? It wasn't the unmasked part that caused the spread. It was the parties being around lots of people.

So? It wasn't the unmasked part that caused the spread. It was the parties being around lots of people.
I noticed upwards trends in cases immediately following mass unmasking, but nothing I can say will change your opinion at this junction, but believe what you want to believe.

I'm vaxed and boosted and was in the first wave of people to receive the vaccine. I don't wear my mask outside of medical facilities or other required areas, but I do carry hand sanitizer and use it often. Virtually nobody masks up in my area outside of medical facilities and the masking isn't very effective if I'm the only person wearing one. I'm also not crazy about drawing attention to myself by being the only person to wear a mask in most public places.
Seems a little hypocritical to me.

Nope, I tend to stick to the football board and occasionally to the basketball board. I very rarely visit the general discussion forum.

It’s not even noon and my name has been mentioned three times by these guys. Rent-free in the wide, cavernous spaces between their ears! As you can see, you can be as reasonable as possible, attempt to have an intelligent conversation, and all they can do is wallow in the mud.

Fan1? Did puf change his username out of embarrassment for not knowing the Steele Dossier had been proven to be fake?

I would find that very surprising in that @PurdueFan1 seems completely immune to embarrassment.

`
Make that 4! Can I get a fifth before noon?? Whew some of y’all really need hobbies.

You’re right about the hobbies. Can you even imagine posting almost 10,000 times on here?
This isn’t the own you think it is when you a) extrapolate out your posting rate and b) look at some of your buddies’ post counts on here, but whatever gets you through your lonely days, tears.

You too, bucko. Hope you don’t get dog walked too badly on here today.
Good news for you, btw. Because I am a caring person, I may just post a list of other major news events that you likely missed in addition to the fake Steele dossier. Maybe with my help you'll someday be able to move from highly negative impact on any discussion to negligible.

In fairness to you, however, you do provide substantial entertainment value, which I appreciate, so you have that going for you.

• Haha
Reactions: tearsforfears
Good news for you, btw. Because I am a caring person, I may just post a list of other major news events that you likely missed in addition to the fake Steele dossier. Maybe with my help you'll someday be able to move from highly negative impact on any discussion to negligible.

In fairness to you, however, you do provide substantial entertainment value, which I appreciate, so you have that going for you.
Knock yourself out.

This isn’t the own you think it is when you a) extrapolate out your posting rate and b) look at some of your buddies’ post counts on here, but whatever gets you through your lonely days, tears.
Never claimed it to be an “own”, just your daily dogwalking every day you post on here but thank you for always coming back for more. You’re so entertaining.

You just dogwalked him too but I shouldn’t tout that as an accomplishment due to how easy it is.

Reactions: Riveting-
Fan1? Did puf change his username out of embarrassment for not knowing the Steele Dossier had been proven to be fake?

I would find that very surprising in that @PurdueFan1 seems completely immune to embarrassment.

`
Oh, meant to ask, why do you have two screen names? Riveting and the newer one you're currently using, (Riveting-)? It would be beyond coincidental that more than one person would have that as a name. I'll just wind up the hypocrisy meter now.

Again, the projection is always an admission with you guys. Always.

Oh, meant to ask, why do you have two screen names? Riveting and the newer one you're currently using, (Riveting-)? It would be beyond coincidental that more than one person would have that as a name. I'll just wind up the hypocrisy meter now.

Again, the projection is always an admission with you guys. Always.
There you go talking about hypocrisy again while you’ve been proven time and time again to be one of the biggest hypocrites on the board. I guess your projection here would also be an admission then? You’re getting dogwalked again today and it’s not even 1:00 EST yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT