ADVERTISEMENT

Delusional Indiana fans are at it again..."Gabe cupps is what national college basketball media talking heads act like Braden smith is"

This has to be engagement farming...right? You would think. There are several replies that agree with this meat head take.

If by "at it again" you mean,

"In the opinion of some random, anonymous guy on Twitter/X last November immediately after Cupps' first game ever, in which Cupps played really well?"

Then, yes.

A random fan with a hot take after a kid has one good/bad game is not a revelation.

• Haha
Reactions: northside100
If by "at it again" you mean,

"In the opinion of some random, anonymous guy on Twitter/X last November immediately after Cupps' first game ever, in which Cupps played really well?"

Then, yes.

A random fan with a hot take after a kid has one good/bad game is not a revelation.
Not a random fan...an Indiana fan as the post title indicates.

This has to be engagement farming...right? You would think. There are several replies that agree with this meat head take.

Does not surprise me there were several replies that agreed with that crazy take. Delusional iu fans abound. One is here in the thread, that actually thought prior to the last iu/Purdue game that iu wasn't the inferior team. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
Does not surprise me there were several replies that agreed with that crazy take. Delusional iu fans abound. One is here in the thread, that actually thought prior to the last iu/Purdue game that iu wasn't the inferior team. Lol
I’m hoping you’re not referring to me. Would like to see a pre-game link where I said this year’s IU team is as good as this year’s Purdue team. I never discount that I could blow smoke, but not thinking that’s the case. At all.

I’m hoping you’re not referring to me. Would like to see a pre-game link where I said this year’s IU team is as good as this year’s Purdue team. I never discount that I could blow smoke, but not thinking that’s the case. At all.
Nah it was Middawg and Victor trying to say “wHOs GOnNa gUArD WaRe and REneaU?! And Galloway?!?”

Middawg proceeded to say ware and Reneau were shooting 50% (he was wrong) and 40% from 3….but it was on super low volume. Victor talked about how gallo was successful in the mid range. But ya see…everyone is ok with gallo shooting that much cuz it usually means (not at Ohio state) that he’s the one shooting a lot (not a good shooter) and that takes away from everyone else shooting/scoring. There’s a reason him, cupps, Gunn and banks are left wide open. We will see how Leal is if he has a hand in his face as teams will be forced to guard him now…or at least get out there with a hand up.

I also believe painter is ok with Reneau and ware shooting a high volume of 3s…which they don’t do any way. Neither can hit 3s with hands in their face (Reneau has once in desperation at Rutgers).

So, wasn’t you, don’t worry! 😂

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Nah it was Middawg and Victor trying to say “wHOs GOnNa gUArD WaRe and REneaU?! And Galloway?!?”

Middawg proceeded to say ware and Reneau were shooting 50% (he was wrong) and 40% from 3….but it was on super low volume. Victor talked about how gallo was successful in the mid range. But ya see…everyone is ok with gallo shooting that much cuz it usually means (not at Ohio state) that he’s the one shooting a lot (not a good shooter) and that takes away from everyone else shooting/scoring. There’s a reason him, cupps, Gunn and banks are left wide open. We will see how Leal is if he has a hand in his face as teams will be forced to guard him now…or at least get out there with a hand up.

I also believe painter is ok with Reneau and ware shooting a high volume of 3s…which they don’t do any way. Neither can hit 3s with hands in their face (Reneau has once in desperation at Rutgers).

Thanks— I try to stay out of basketball threads, especially with opinions on how good Purdue is! (Answer: really really good)

We have alot of historical evidence.
It's not like the score would be close without it. iu is clearly the inferior team.

HoosierfanJM response....

Oh yeah? Sez you! ;)

Stay off Twitter and you avoid all kinds of disinformation.

I knew it was false as soon as I saw the terms "IU" and "basketball" in the same paragraph.

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
Why good Purdue fans from one of the best teams in the country worry about IU is beyond me. They had a nice win yesterday, who cares? I sure don’t care that OSU lost, can’t stand that school. At this stage there’s absolutely no reason to worry about them other than they play the Boilers Saturday.

Why good Purdue fans from one of the best teams in the country worry about IU is beyond me. They had a nice win yesterday, who cares? I sure don’t care that OSU lost, can’t stand that school. At this stage there’s absolutely no reason to worry about them other than they play the Boilers Saturday.
It's IU week.

Do we need to post a new thread every time some iu fan posts something on twitter? If it’s engagement farming, you’re playing right into it hook, line, and sinker.

As a casual observer last night off and on as I was reading, it seemed to me that Leal provided better ball movement than IU has shown in the recent past.

Do we need to post a new thread every time some iu fan posts something on twitter? If it’s engagement farming, you’re playing right into it hook, line, and sinker.
I have to ask. Is it difficult to know the thread is about IU from the thread title?

When you post to complain, it moves the thread back to the top, inviting more posts.

As a casual observer last night off and on as I was reading, it seemed to me that Leal provided better ball movement than IU has shown in the recent past.
Yep. It’ll be interesting how he contributes vs the better teams….Iowa was a perfect team for him to do well against and so was Ohio state. He didn’t do much vs Purdue or even Penn state. So, let’s see if he’s able to contribute/do well on Saturday.

He is the best shooter on the team as well. It’s surprising to me that it took until midway through his senior year for him to see the court much.

Reactions: tjreese
He’s been watching Braden Smith very closely

• Haha
Reactions: tjreese
He is the best shooter on the team as well. It’s surprising to me that it took until midway through his senior year for him to see the court much.
I don't follow them that much, but I do recall a couple of years ago watching him front a player and thought he did a lot of things right at the time. Then last year I don't recall him playing. His shooting is obviously considered one of the better ones or Woody wouldn't have set him up for the last shot. Outside of the shooting, I thought he moved the ball around better...pushed the pace and so forth. Where "this" might be in play a bit Saturday is how IU handles the help on Reneau should Purdue use the 1,2 and 3 players. Still, it is not uncommon for first time players to struggle in Purdue's atmosphere. We shall see. I expect a tough game. Purdue is the better team but for a single game anything can happen. Had Purdue not played so well first half at IU and IU came out the second half as they did, who knows how Purdue would have fared with that run.

Anyway, I think he makes the perimeter shooting for IU more of a consideration as well as his ball movement.

Yep. It’ll be interesting how he contributes vs the better teams….Iowa was a perfect team for him to do well against and so was Ohio state. He didn’t do much vs Purdue or even Penn state. So, let’s see if he’s able to contribute/do well on Saturday.
we shall see the kind of pressure Purdue puts on him and how they use him with Reneau...all a function of whether Ware is on the court at the time. I'm sure Purdue would like to bottle up Reneau and keep him from his left hand as much as possible, but Purdue can't double if Ware is on the court. Purdue fine tunes their O and goes to Zach early if it is there and establish him it will take a great game by IU to overcome it. Purdue should win, Purdue is a much better team throughout the year

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I have to ask. Is it difficult to know the thread is about IU from the thread title?

When you post to complain, it moves the thread back to the top, inviting more posts.
If it was one post, sure, but I have noticed a pattern with OP that he makes a lot of posts about iu and also likes to start a new post here whenever he doesn't like some random tweet. For instance, he has started multiple posts based off something the iu Barstool account tweeted for Pete's sake. Not every twitter troll needs to be brought up on this site. But I am just one person, and it isn't my place to gatekeep what is spammed on this site. Just providing some feedback. Nothing personal against OP, as he is clearly a big Purdue fan and we share the same hopes and dreams for this team.

If it was one post, sure, but I have noticed a pattern with OP that he makes a lot of posts about iu and also likes to start a new post here whenever he doesn't like some random tweet. For instance, he has started multiple posts based off something the iu Barstool account tweeted for Pete's sake. Not every twitter troll needs to be brought up on this site. But I am just one person, and it isn't my place to gatekeep what is spammed on this site. Just providing some feedback. Nothing personal against OP, as he is clearly a big Purdue fan and we share the same hopes and dreams for this team.
Aaaaannnnddd blocked. I have no room in my life for butthurt Karens.

LeFlop told us that Bronnie was good enough to play for the Lakers right now. So should Cupps by association.
Cupps just needs better talent around him, ya know? 3 5 stars, 2 of which I am told make the best front court in the country , just don’t cut it. If he could have another 3 or 4 five star guys, then he’d REALLY be able to thrive!

With his work ethic (it’s been said he works harder than ANY Purdue player and that’s a guarantee) and his strength (really high bench press #s), he’s going to be thought of as the next Aaron Craft, so watch out!

• Haha
Reactions: DrEss and Schnelk
What I see on this board is how people react based on their life experiences. If you lived and worked with IU fans most of you life, you learned to hate being around them during basketball season. If you moved out of state or to a more neutral part of Indiana, you can't imagine what it can be like.

Dang, just realized I've been on this board for 22 years. Is the internet that old?
I’ve been on forever as well, there was another now defunct Purdue site I used to be on, anyone remember the name by chance? Probably late 90’s or so, definitely during dial up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT