ADVERTISEMENT

Dedrick Mackey

I looked it up. he was a hazell recruit along with Sipe and alstott.

I don't give a crap about anyone who wants to call me out on this. Mackey should never see the field again on this team. To make that boneheaded of a play is completely inexcusable. He's not good even when he's not making boneheaded plays. Just keep him on the bench from now on.

At Purdue you can do that and be a swell guy.:

Reactions: purduepat1969
I don't give a crap about anyone who wants to call me out on this. Mackey should never see the field again on this team. To make that boneheaded of a play is completely inexcusable. He's not good even when he's not making boneheaded plays. Just keep him on the bench from now on.
It was a stupid play. The problem with Mackey is this is consistent with him.

And he’s not good enough to justify it. At least the Miami dudes racking up 200 yards in penalties were all future NFL guys. And they were winning.

not Quick .. exploited in space. Has to give a cushion and allow all kinds of stuff underneath

Did you get a chance to read Brohm’s lips right after? ‘That was f’ing dumb’. Even Neal got into Jaylan Alexander after one play when he was starting a shoving match.

I don't give a crap about anyone who wants to call me out on
Did you get a chance to read Brohm’s lips right after? ‘That was f’ing dumb’. Even Neal got into Jaylan Alexander after one play when he was starting a shoving match.
The same could be said about Brohm himself at least 20 times, so, his mumbling it does not mean a lot...his failure to address it at all seemingly says far more to me than a comment made to someone on the other end of his headphone.

It was a play that ultimately may have been the true difference between Purdue having a chance, no matter how undeserved, of tying or winning the football game...it was more than "f'ing dumb"...it was inexcusable and unacceptable, and, it exemplified all that is wrong right now with Purdue football...selfish...undisciplined...not in position and where he was supposed to be to actually make the play...a complete lack of awareness of the situation...and for Brohm not to have met Mackey somewhere on the field as he sauntered off and let him know those things rather than mumbling it to essentially nobody was telling. I bet he had a good week of practice though, or, that it was not what Brohm/Purdue hoped for on the play...

Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT