ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Bo,

woggy718

All-American
Nov 13, 2007
Greenwood, IN
www.catalystinsgrp.com
Bo Pellini, are you still unemployed?

I would love to see us make a run at him as our next head coach.

I gotta be honest though, I absolutely hate the fact that CDH isn't getting the job done because I really like a lot of the things he does. But I am completely out of excuses to defend him. If he's going to stay loyal to his OC Shoop, then I guess that Captain can go down with the ship.

He's at Youngstown State. And what exactly would he bring to Purdue? Never won the Big Ten while at Nebraska, why would he be able to at Purdue?

He's at Youngstown State. And what exactly would he bring to Purdue? Never won the Big Ten while at Nebraska, why would he be able to at Purdue?
also a Brock Spack coached team beat YState last sat. Why B.P and not B. Spack?

Bo Pellini, are you still unemployed?

I would love to see us make a run at him as our next head coach.

I gotta be honest though, I absolutely hate the fact that CDH isn't getting the job done because I really like a lot of the things he does. But I am completely out of excuses to defend him. If he's going to stay loyal to his OC Shoop, then I guess that Captain can go down with the ship.

It's amazing how people get hung up on some of these coaches. Bo Pelini? No thanks. Lane Kiffin? No thanks.

Did you follow what happened at Nebraska with him? Why on earth do you think he'd solve anything?

Reactions: Travisty13
It's amazing how people get hung up on some of these coaches. Bo Pelini? No thanks. Lane Kiffin? No thanks.

Did you follow what happened at Nebraska with him? Why on earth do you think he'd solve anything?

He won a bunch of football games, but was also a meany pants??? DONT CAAAARE. I'll take him.

And, by the looks of their current record @ 2-4, I bet a WHOLE BUNCH of Cornhusker fans want him back too.

Btw - Brock Spack?? Really?? Another lower tier Conf coach?? Gimme a gottdamm break.

We need a friggin lightening bolt to reenergize this program, not a mustachioed Tiller retread that no one outside of PUR fans has heard of. "Screw you CF, he's great at IL State!!!" Oh ok.

We need a hire that excites. Fuggin Brock Spack is not that. I don't care if it's Pelini or not, but come on.

Reactions: B1Gboilermaker
Btw - Brock Spack?? Really?? Another lower tier Conf coach?? Gimme a gottdamm break.

We need a friggin lightening bolt to reenergize this program, not a mustachioed Tiller retread that no one outside of PUR fans has heard of. "Screw you CF, he's great at IL State!!!" Oh ok.

We need a hire that excites. Fuggin Brock Spack is not that. I don't care if it's Pelini or not, but come on.
You contradict yourself. Do you really honestly believe Pelini would re-energize the program or excite fans? I sure don't. And FYI, Pelini is now a "lower conference coach".

Pelini wouldn't work at Purdue. Another Ohio State guy whose schemes only work with superior talent.

Besides- screaming at talent-less players is pretty much pointless.

And he's not a good recruiter. Nebraska's recruiting got worse during his regime.

As I said in the Lane Kiffin thread, this shit keeps getting dumber and dumber.

Pellini was a shit recruiter.

Why would that get better at Purdue?

You contradict yourself. Do you really honestly believe Pelini would re-energize the program or excite fans? I sure don't.

Yes, I do. I think Pelini would be a front page story across the entire CFB nation. I think he learned his lesson and we would get the best he has to offer RE personality and performance. I think a Pelini hire would show the entire CFB world that PUR is serious about football. That we want to make things happen. That we will take a risk on a guy whom was fired from NEB, but who is a proven winner at HUGE programs, and wants to redeem himself. A guy who can lead us out of the dungeon.

I know he didn't win the B1G, but he got to the Championship! He won the Legends, he tied for 2nd a couple times. I thnk he won the BXII maybe once! We're 5 - 34987593792365342098r6!! WE F*CKING SUUUUUUUCK! We're one of, if not THE worst P5 program. WORST. I'd be happy to win 8 games a season. Pelini can do that in the B1G West. We should beat ILL, IU, MN, maybe IA, NW, every single year. I think Bo could do that. Maybe he would want to grind his axe in the B1G West vs NEB?! Take them down! Show them what they could have had! OK, GOOOOO BO!

Meanwhile, not a single person on this planet, including the rest of our B1G competition, would bat one single eyelash at Brock Spack. They would pat us on the head..."oh look, Purdue has their fingers-crossed with another no-name who has done nothing, excites no one, and doesn't move the needle a single mm. Schedule them for homecoming!"

The B1G is trending UP. We have big name coaches all over the place. Meyer, Harbaugh, Dantonio, Franklin, Fitz, etc etc etc. Coaches that are leaving successful coaching gigs elsewhere to come here. We need to be on this wave UP. We need some sizzle from a coach, someone who is serious and can make us a serious program. I like Pelini for this task, you don't. CDH is most definitely NOT the man. We're still Boilermaker brethren. No need to e-fight.

Anyway, none of this really matters RE what's really going to happen. We're all just speculating and pissing in the wind. Hell, I heard Rick Pizzo (BTN) say on SiriusXM CFB show today that CDH was going to get another year. *shrug*

Last edited:
Yes, I do. I think Pelini would be a front page story across the entire CFB nation. I think he learned his lesson and we would get the best he has to offer RE personality and performance. I think a Pelini hire would show the entire CFB world that PUR is serious about football. That we want to make things happen. That we will take a risk on a guy whom was fired from NEB, but who is a proven winner at HUGE programs, and wants to redeem himself. A guy who can lead us out of the dungeon.

I know he didn't win the B1G, but he got to the Championship! He won the Legends, he tied for 2nd a couple times. I thnk he won the BXII maybe once! We're 5 - 34987593792365342098r6!! WE F*CKING SUUUUUUUCK! We're one of, if not THE worst P5 program. WORST. I'd be happy to win 8 games a season. Pelini can do that in the B1G West. We should beat ILL, IU, MN, maybe IA, NW, every single year. I think Bo could do that. Maybe he would want to grind his axe in the B1G West vs NEB?! Take them down! Show them what they could have had! OK, GOOOOO BO!

Meanwhile, not a single person on this planet, including the rest of our B1G competition, would bat one single eyelash at Brock Spack. They would pat us on the head..."oh look, Purdue has their fingers-crossed with another no-name who has done nothing, excites no one, and doesn't move the needle a single mm. Schedule them for homecoming!"

The B1G is trending UP. We have big name coaches all over the place. Meyer, Harbaugh, Dantonio, Franklin, Fitz, etc etc etc. Coaches that are leaving successful coaching gigs elsewhere to come here. We need to be on this wave UP. We need some sizzle from a coach, someone who is serious and can make us a serious program. I like Pelini for this task, you don't. CDH is most definitely NOT the man. We're still Boilermaker brethren. No need to e-fight.

Anyway, none of this really matters RE what's really going to happen. We're all just speculating and pissing in the wind. Hell, I heard Rick Pizzo (BTN) say on SiriusXM CFB show today that CDH was going to get another year. *shrug*
I don't want Pelini for the reason is his calling card is running the ball and play some defense. We've tried that approach with both Hope and Hazell and it didn't work. We can't get recruits like Nebraska, so why would it work here? We were successful when we were innovators. We're a university with some of the brightest, most innovative minds sitting in our classrooms, it's time to have some bright, innovative minds on our sidelines. Pelini seems like a guy that would definitely turn our fan base into hating football.

And don't go thinking I'm all for Spack (read the "Hire Tiller" thread for my opinion on him). I think there are plenty of up and coming offensive minds in the college game to just settle for Bo "3 yards and a cloud of dust" Pelini to be one of our candidates.

I don't want Pelini for the reason is his calling card is running the ball and play some defense. We've tried that approach with both Hope and Hazell and it didn't work. We can't get recruits like Nebraska, so why would it work here? We were successful when we were innovators. We're a university with some of the brightest, most innovative minds sitting in our classrooms, it's time to have some bright, innovative minds on our sidelines. Pelini seems like a guy that would definitely turn our fan base into hating football.

And don't go thinking I'm all for Spack (read the "Hire Tiller" thread for my opinion on him). I think there are plenty of up and coming offensive minds in the college game to just settle for Bo "3 yards and a cloud of dust" Pelini to be one of our candidates.

Tiller worked because he changed the entire face of college football. His offense was revolutionary and when people realized all they had to do was play press coverage and jam our receivers at the line, causing the timing to be off, was when we became very beatable.

Okay, so we know who you WOULDN'T hire. I'm more interested in know what "lightening bolt" coach you WOULD hire who would actually take the job at Purdue inheriting this mess with a nearly bare cupboard, a department budget running in the red, and a boss (AD) who will be retiring very soon?

Tiller worked because he changed the entire face of college football. His offense was revolutionary and when people realized all they had to do was play press coverage and jam our receivers at the line, causing the timing to be off, was when we became very beatable.
Hence the word "innovators". Tiller stop being innovative and went with what had worked. I want a guy like Art Briles who went from being a wishbone offense guy coaching HS that used to put up crazy rushing #s, and he was innovative enough to start incorporating the spread attack. And has evolved into one of the most balanced offenses ever. Everyone knows Baylor has a high octane passing team, but few realize his run game is always about top 20 in the nation. He's innovative enough to know his wishbone offense was lethal, he created a great passing offense, and has meshed them into what I think is the greatest offensive scheme the college game has ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT