ADVERTISEMENT

DE Stewart

Yeah, it's a sad day. He just posted last month and seemed sharp as ever. He was definitely well known and well respected among Purdue fans. I remember him from back in the MrHoops days. He and MDC (also gone now, I think :( ) were some I remember most.
great poster w/ whom I had some great discussions, he always had great views and info. Shame the Boilers couldn't get a BBall Nat'l title for him to witness.

Last edited:
Here is Mr. McClure’s obituary. God‘s blessings, comfort, and peace to his family and friends, including all of us on this forum who have enjoyed interacting with him across the decades.

Legendary poster, been talking with that man since the old gold free press days, sad to read this, one helluve fan! Worked for the White Sox and Bulls back in the day.
And then executive VP of the Houston Oilers and the man that moved them to Nashville

Sorry to hear this. I read his obit and was shocked to find out that I had actually met him but had no idea who he was here. RIP.

Reactions: rgarlitz
And then executive VP of the Houston Oilers and the man that moved them to Nashville
Wasn’t aware of that until reading his obit. He also loved High School hoops, him and I had numerous discussions on different players and teams from years past. He was a brilliant man.

Reactions: rgarlitz
If there were a Purdue Mt. Rushmore of posters, Des would certainly be on it.

I think I started posting back in the fall of '97. Des always had great posts. He knew a ton of Purdue history and his posts were often very insightful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT