ADVERTISEMENT

Day of reckoning for Cleveland State

Based upon the penalties the NCAA thought the PU violations were worse, and yes, I include lying to the NCAA as a violation, as did the NCAA.

If "no one" is in agreement with my thoughts why are the comments picking up likes?
LOL. This has gotten silly. Where did I say no one is in agreement with your thoughts? You are either being dishonest or you are dense, but that is definitely a silly argument. Since your entire argument is that you hoped Izzo would break the rules, and you try dodges like the above, the "locker room tours", and people rationalizing "more serious violations" under Keady, it's difficult to understand your mindset. You clearly aren't familiar with the NCAA findings when Keady was coach, so it was a mistake for you try to use it to support Izzo.

You also dodged the issue that Iron Mountain has a player who is being recruited by Div 1 schools, including Wisconsin. But you wrote they did not have Div 1 talent, and this was your basis for overlooking the rules violation. Your first words in this thread were "I am not an Izzo fan". Way too much false rationalization and dodging for that to be believable.

You are right I extrapolated your comment. "You are the only person I see rationalizing anything when you tell us that the Purdue violations were far greater than the rules you hoped Izzo would break."

You are right, I am probably the only one who said that.

You are also right in that this has gone on too long and I am leaving the conversation.

My points are/were:
  • I am not an Izzo fan. His handling of many of the issues at MSU turned me on him a long time ago.
  • I think the NCAA is lost. Since they can not, or will not punish teams and coaches for $100,000 payment to players they focus creating lots of miniscule rules (bagels) to try to try look like they are in control.
  • I put the locker room tour in that category and the meal as well.
  • While I dislike Izzo, I do not think that a locker room tour (on its own) puts him in the mega-cheaters group.
  • I asked the question of folks who would put him in that category: "Would they put Keady in that category for the violations that went on at Purdue that were far greater than a locker room tour?"
  • I will stand by my belief that what what Purdue did was far greater than a locker room tour. I used the NCAA penalties levied as support.
thanks for the discussion.

Peace, Boiler-up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT