ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell and PSU

Bullwhip Griffith

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 31, 2005
Peru IN
Don't know what side of the ball PSU is chasing Bell for, but PSU just flipped Emery Simmons from UNC (after UNC flipped him from IU). Gives them two WR commits with the same build as Bell now. Wonder if they still chase him or look for a slot guy

Also they have four DB commits already. So they may be looking at him as a WR

Last edited:
And Bell just received a crystal ball prediction (247 sports) for PSU by Steve Wiltfong. Both PU and IU having a difficult time keeping Indiana wide receivers in state. Four of the Top Ten Indiana recruits are wide receivers, and other than Bell the others have committed to NW, OSU, and Duke.

And Bell just received a crystal ball prediction (247 sports) for PSU by Steve Wiltfong. Both PU and IU having a difficult time keeping Indiana wide receivers in state. Four of the Top Ten Indiana recruits are wide receivers, and other than Bell the others have committed to NW, OSU, and Duke.
Ok then...

@IUHDog saw you posted that you thought IU should’ve won the bucket game by a couple touchdowns. Not sure why you think that as I think the final score wasn’t indicative of how close the game was. I think Purdue was 2 or 3 touchdowns better. Now could you argue that IU had more talent than Purdue last year? I’d agree with you. But coaching matters and Brohm and company weren’t losing that game. Markell Jones made Scales look like a freshman that day.

Reactions: Ron_ and pboiler18
Oh, Purdue deserved to win the game for certain. They were ready to play and IU was not. And two touchdowns is me being an IU fan. But I do think IU was the more talented team, but not the better coached team.

Reactions: goboilers2
Oh, Purdue deserved to win the game for certain. They were ready to play and IU was not. And two touchdowns is me being an IU fan. But I do think IU was the more talented team, but not the better coached team.

Fair enough. I’m still surprised at how easy it was for Purdue’s o-line to create holes the way they did.

I said it before and will repeat what I said. In order for Purdue to out recruit the elite schools for the majority of elite athletes, Purdue is going to have to prove itself on the field. Purdue has to prove last year was not a fluke. Purdue should always be a decent destination! But to out recruit OSU, PSU, Alabama and others , the 4/5* will take a bit longer before they commmit.

It's a testament that so many elite athletes still have us in their top 5. Many things can still change before signing day

I still like our chances. I know Bell said Karlaftis was recruiting him constantly just a week ago. Bell knows that Brohm would make him a center piece of the offense. That does not mean that he won't end up at PSU or OSU, but I am not giving up hope.

What game were you watching?

Markell Jones owned the D. Sindelar was pretty average that day but certainly good enough.

The Purdue D was pretty dominant. The last 2 IU TDS were more desperate attempts gone right

Reactions: TheGunner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT