ADVERTISEMENT

Custom Rod Woodson Jersey Questions

jberry5

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 17, 2003
I'm looking to have a Rod Woodson jersey done up, the issue being, I can't get the 80s Rawlings jersey. Trying to get the old gold colors if at all possible. Here's a few questions I'm hoping to get some input on.

Would the Saints (or some other team, perhaps Mizzou) version of gold be my best option for current colors out there? I think I pretty much can pick from NFL, NCAAF, and even things like MLB or NHL if the colors are right.

Would you go blank or WOODSON on the back?

If I have to, do you go with the Brees' style jersey, no train logo on the neck and just try to mimic the 80s "PURDUE" on the front? Thinking this may be my best option, even though the sleeve stripes are opposite, and then I would probably go with some sort of white numerals with gold outline if possible.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Replicating that jersey is a tall order. I assume you have been in touch with Rawlings? Here's a website for creating custom jerseys from them, but I don't know how helpful it will be:

http://mylocker.rawlings.com/

I'd say the Saints are the closest approximation, but they seem to have gone the Vegas Gold route as well.

Good luck! It would be great to see that beautiful old gold again:
1405427113000-Woodson.jpg

Found a decent Saints throwback, hopefully I can use as a template. Although the stripes are off, I'm thinking this may be the closest I can get to the correct old gold.

thumb.aspx

The old gold is very sharp.

What about the gold one they wore in '86 Bucket game? Great look. Bad memory.

Reactions: jberry5
The old gold jerseys look good on D1 athletes, not so much on guys like me, lol. I better stick with black with some old gold accents.

I always thought it would great if someone would offer jerseys of the greats, All-Americans, NFL HOF, etc. I would go for a Greise 12, Sweetness 34, A-Train 40.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT