IU - at Illinois, at Iowa, vs Maryland
Iowa - vs Wisconsin, at OSU, vs IU, at Michigan
Maryland - at Purdue, vs Illinois, at IU
OSU - vs MSU, vs Iowa, at MSU
MSU - at OSU, vs PSU, at Rutgers, vs OSU
Wisconsin - at Iowa, vs Michigan, at Minnesota, at Purdue
Michigan - vs NW, at Wisconsin, vs Iowa
Purdue - vs Maryland, at Nebraska, vs Wisconsin

I think we will be in the top 4 if we can win out. Plenty of losses for many of the teams ahead of us.

Here's how the following teams can realistically get 6 losses to tie us:

Maryland - lose at Purdue and at IU
Ohio State - lose any of their last 3 games against MSU or Iowa
MSU - OSU would have to upset them once. They will likely stay ahead of us imo but if they do slip up then we have the tiebreaker
Wisconsin - We beat them and/or they lose at Iowa
Michigan - lose at Wisconsin or against Iowa

We will move up if we take care of our business. It won't be easy but our toughest games are at home and we'll likely be favored in all 3.

We probably have the easiest remaining schedule other than MSU. We SHOULD move up but a lot of us didn't think we would be 9-6 in league play either.

We probably have the easiest remaining schedule other than MSU. We SHOULD move up but a lot of us didn't think we would be 9-6 in league play either.

That's because many project the season and allow no room for error and assume everything goes smoothly and no hiccups along the way. I thought we were capable of going 14-4 or 13-5 if everything went really well but we haven't been winning the close games on the road. If they can get to 12-6, and that would take an impressive 3-0 stretch here at the end of the season to get there, that shouldn't be too far below realistic expectations.

I actually wouldn't mind that bracket at all.

Nebraska will get its pound of flesh in the opening round, but I'd be surprised (and very disappointed) if they beat Purdue on a neutral floor.

I would love a second crack at Indiana in the quarters.

Both MSU and OSU would be a tough out in the semis, but I wouldn't back away from a scuffle with either.

I actually wouldn't mind that bracket at all.

Nebraska will get its pound of flesh in the opening round, but I'd be surprised (and very disappointed) if they beat Purdue on a neutral floor.

I would love a second crack at Indiana in the quarters.

Both MSU and OSU would be a tough out in the semis, but I wouldn't back away from a scuffle with either.

I think our dream scenario is to be opposite of both MSU and Iowa. Those are the teams that we either barely beat or didn't beat at home. Don't have a ton of confidence in doing so on a neutral court.

For that scenario, we need Iowa #1, MSU #4/5 and Purdue #3 or #6 OR
Iowa #2, MSU #3, and Purdue #4/5.

I don't want to play iu again in Indy. Would be another home game for iu

To an extent, sure. I'm sure there will be more IU fans at the game than Purdue fans. However, the acoustics of Banker's Life Fieldhouse are nothing like the Hall of Calls, and there will still be large enough contingency of Purdue fans and other B10 fans to where it won't feel like a true road test.

I want another shot at IU, but not until the semis or the final. I'd love Purdue to get a top 4 finish, but that's gonna require either Wisconsin winning all their games before playing us, or Michigan St. dropping another game.

I wouldn't mind finishing 6 or 7th and have to play IU again the next round. I don't want to see IU finish #1

We play Maryland and a surging Wisconsin team. How is that the easiest schedule? I'd like to think we can win them all, but we face 2/3 teams that will be very tough to beat.

Reactions: Schnelk
We play Maryland and a surging Wisconsin team. How is that the easiest schedule? I'd like to think we can win them all, but we face 2/3 teams that will be very tough to beat.

"We probably have the easiest remaining schedule other than MSU." Look at the schedules above. Whose would you rather have over ours or MSU? OSU gets MSU twice and Iowa. IU gets Illinois, at Iowa and hosts Maryland. Iowa goes vs Wisconsin, at OSU, vs IU, at Michigan (1,4,6,7 top B1G teams). Whose schedule would you rather have?

"We probably have the easiest remaining schedule other than MSU." Look at the schedules above. Whose would you rather have over ours or MSU? OSU gets MSU twice and Iowa. IU gets Illinois, at Iowa and hosts Maryland. Iowa goes vs Wisconsin, at OSU, vs IU, at Michigan (1,4,6,7 top B1G teams). Whose schedule would you rather have?
I see what you mean. Nobody has a cake walk!
I would like to have another shot at Illinois, and we did handle OSU, so maybe those two options might be interesting. However, I think you are right on target. It is a pick your poison type choice.

:cool:

I see what you mean. Nobody has a cake walk!
I would like to have another shot at Illinois, and we did handle OSU, so maybe those two options might be interesting. However, I think you are right on target. It is a pick your poison type choice.

I don't want to finish 8th, but I love this bracket. I would much rather play IU in the quarters than any of the other teams 1-5, including OSU.

Yes, there would be lots of IU fans at BLF, but all the other schools fans would be cheering against IU, especially after running into Ronnie and Billy from Martinsville at the concession stand.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I don't want to finish 8th, but I love this bracket. I would much rather play IU in the quarters than any of the other teams 1-5, including OSU.

Yes, there would be lots of IU fans at BLF, but all the other schools fans would be cheering against IU, especially after running into Ronnie and Billy from Martinsville at the concession stand.
I agree! I like the idea of playing IU again, outside Assembly Hall. I think we match up better against them than many of the other schools. Besides, it might slow down all the "see I was right about IU all along" on the Peegs channel.

It is ammusing to read Peegs right now. Many waited until after the game to pronounce how skilled they were at predicting that IU would finish ahead of us. The same guys that were saying Purdue would win at Assembly Hall are now walking around with their virtual chest stuck out, saying, "I told you all along", and "you were wrong". One guy even went back through all the message boards to find quotes from me to show how wrong I was in predicting Purdue would finish ahead of IU. I was flattered actually.

I agree! I like the idea of playing IU again, outside Assembly Hall. I think we match up better against them than many of the other schools. Besides, it might slow down all the "see I was right about IU all along" on the Peegs channel.

It is ammusing to read Peegs right now. Many waited until after the game to pronounce how skilled they were at predicting that IU would finish ahead of us. The same guys that were saying Purdue would win at Assembly Hall are now walking around with their virtual chest stuck out, saying, "I told you all along", and "you were wrong". One guy even went back through all the message boards to find quotes from me to show how wrong I was in predicting Purdue would finish ahead of IU. I was flattered actually.

I like the idea of playing them also. My concern is we wind up a 5 seed & MSU the 4 seed. I really would like to avoid playing them until the semi's or championship game if we got that far. Everyone else is very beatable... including Purdue.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Douche version 3 now on ignore.
The obsession is almost clinical. It is very one-sided too. There is nobody from our board that feels the need to hide his identity when posting on Peegs.

I have noticed that some of the provocations these trolls create from our posters get posted quickly over on Peegs, so whoever Douche is, he has a regular account on Peegs under a different name.

The obsession is almost clinical. It is very one-sided too. There is nobody from our board that feels the need to hide his identity when posting on Peegs.

I have noticed that some of the provocations these trolls create from our posters get posted quickly over on Peegs, so whoever Douche is, he has a regular account on Peegs under a different name.

My vote would be it's probably courtsense showing his true colors.:D

Any way you look at it, it is embarrassing to finish 8th in the Big 14 - with the talent this team has. I would have NEVER guessed OSU would be in the Top 4. I hope I'm wrong, but we never seem to play well at Banker's Life / Conseco. I just hope we get a shot at IU. I would not count Nebraska as an automatic win.

Any way you look at it, it is embarrassing to finish 8th in the Big 14 - with the talent this team has. I would have NEVER guessed OSU would be in the Top 4. I hope I'm wrong, but we never seem to play well at Banker's Life / Conseco. I just hope we get a shot at IU. I would not count Nebraska as an automatic win.
Once again, OSU is in the top 4 with 10 wins outside of the top 100 RPI. Their schedule is as hollow as a log. Regular season conference has little merit anymore due to the imbalance of schedules. Not that hard to comprehend.

My vote would be it's probably courtsense showing his true colors.:D
If you read the thread I created on Peegs regarding this issue, you can draw some more conclusions. I have my suspicions, and the fellow you named is one of them. My hope is that by exposing this activity to a wider audience of their peers, they might realise how childish it looks, and stop trolling. No guarantees.

If you read the thread I created on Peegs regarding this issue, you can draw some more conclusions. I have my suspicions, and the fellow you named is one of them. My hope is that by exposing this activity to a wider audience of their peers, they might realise how childish it looks, and stop trolling. No guarantees.

Who really cares though....we both have goods teams. If some stupid troll needs to feel better about themselves by spouting crap just ignore. They will go away. Same thing i do to my brother in law when pu kicks indianas butt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT