ADVERTISEMENT

Coy Cronk. I see he is going to be a Sr. No way to be a Grad Xfr correct?

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
I saw his name awhile ago before Spring practices, then it went quite. Any possibility that he could transfer and be elgible or has that shipped sailed never to return?

insider knowledge?
Another ongoing thread discussing the possibility. I'm still curious if true why he hasn't already placed his name in the transfer portal. My guess is the reason is that he's not trying to advertise he wants to leave. And this Summer, he basically shows up at Purdue or back at IU. Friends are suggesting/hinting it's a done deal. But with a new offensive coordinator, maybe he's making a hard push for him to stay and he's wavering.

I say if it happens I'd welcome him as an addition. If it doesn't happen, I realize and understand every player sometimes expresses opinions among friends and changes his mind.

Reactions: BoilerFYF
I don't know why this rumor is still being spread. Not too long ago his mom was stating how much the family loves IU. And i believe Matt Weaver from 247 sports asked him about the rumors of him leaving and cronk shot the rumors down. This talk of him transferring is just wishful thinking.

So technically he could leave! I would believe if he was really serious about doing so he would have already officially announced it and left dodge!

Hogwash. You don’t transfer to your school’s biggest rival unless your current school is a train wreck.

Reactions: Natiphan
He doesnt have to go back to IU either. He graduated!

He could at least clear the air!

What do you mean clear the air?? There was no air to clear this rumor wasnt started by him it was started by a bunch of fans wishing for a solid OL. This nothing but wishful thinking. Purdue missed out on him back during the hazel years hes at IU now.

Reactions: BoilerFYF
What do you mean clear the air?? There was no air to clear this rumor wasnt started by him it was started by a bunch of fans wishing for a solid OL. This nothing but wishful thinking. Purdue missed out on him back during the hazel years hes at IU now.
The issue I've learned about the last few years with the Transfer Portal. Never say never...each and every season is new with that plug and play system.

Not a rumor and I heard it straight from his mom who I’ve known for 30 years.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
I just talked to someone who is also close to the family and they think he’s staying at IU so I’ll just shut up!!
This is along the lines of the information that I had gathered as well. Cronk was all but leaving prior to Debord being fired as an OC and IU bringing in their new OC. Cronk gave spring practices a chance this off season to see how well he meshed with the new OC and their offensive philosophy. Obviously it has gone well and Cronk is going to stay at IU...and good for him. Would it have been great to have Cronk at Purdue? Of course...but a single player on an offensive line doesn't make or break a season.

Reactions: oraclee#22
It’s a business decision for him.

If his goal is the nfl, then staying at IU is the correct way to go.

That way he can get to combine prepping the last week of November when the IU season ends instead of the first week of January when Purdue season ends.

IU has had several offensive linemen drafted fairly high in the draft. I'm kind of surprised that Purdue has had so few. One would expect with our passing oriented offense through the years, that we would also have a lot of great offensive linemen as well providing blocking.

One would think if a school is known for having a pro style passing attack, the NFL would really want our linemen. I'm at a loss as to why our online always seems to be our weakest link when it comes to the NFL draft.

IU has had several offensive linemen drafted fairly high in the draft. I'm kind of surprised that Purdue has had so few. One would expect with our passing oriented offense through the years, that we would also have a lot of great offensive linemen as well providing blocking.

One would think if a school is known for having a pro style passing attack, the NFL would really want our linemen. I'm at a loss as to why our online always seems to be our weakest link when it comes to the NFL draft.

giphy.gif

Actually no. I'm talking about the last 10-20 years even before Hope. other than Light, Name me some Boilermakers offensive linemen who were high NFL draft picks.

Last edited:
Since the year 2000, IU has had 7 offensive linemen drafted in the top 4 rounds for the NFL. And Purdue has had 3 (light, Keller and Harwick!)

Last edited:
I'm amazed our offensive production has been as good as it was the last 20 years playing behind our offensive line.

I did! I said 4th round or higher! Read the post!

And I really don't care about spelling. Since you couldn't refute my claim, you had to resort to being an English teacher and grammar police?

Nice of you to actually read my post.

Reactions: DANC
How could you get all three names wrong? Failure to capitalize, wrong position, misspelling?

Some TEs are considered as offensive linemen. If you like, I'll scratch Keller and that will leave Purdue with just two offensive linemen drafted in the 4th round or better dating back to the year 2000. That's even worse!

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT