ADVERTISEMENT

Covid-19 isn't political?

Ditto for you. Stay hidden in your man cave. Be scared while a vaccine could very well be on the horizon and death rates are ACTUALLY on the decline. Keep telling yourself and others the US is in deep shit with COVID-19. Cancel onsite schooling...stay online. Bullshit!
So nothing to say about your ridiculous interpretation of statistics then?

I haven’t missed a single day of work (and never worked from home) since this started. I’ve changed very little about my life, in fact, since March. Wife and I went out to dinner the second day restaurants opened here. Hardly afraid or hiding from anything. Just wanting people who affiliate with Purdue to be able to understand basic math and not act like morons.

So nothing to say about your ridiculous interpretation of statistics then?

I haven’t missed a single day of work (and never worked from home) since this started. I’ve changed very little about my life, in fact, since March. Wife and I went out to dinner the second day restaurants opened here. Hardly afraid or hiding from anything. Just wanting people who affiliate with Purdue to be able to understand basic math and not act like morons.
Much the same here with work (unfortunately most of it is from home and I'm tired of it), restaurants, traveling around locally. Mask off...now mask on to keep moving forward.
I'm a '89 graduate & did well in STAT 301 (an A) back in the day. My math is fine and I've already posted the numbers. I look at the whole picture of those Tested to those that have died. That might not be the CDC way, yet it shows there is a very low death rate percentage. I've explained my view. Do you stop at Tested positive cases to deaths? If so, then 1.54% dying can be seen as bad. I look at everyone that was concerned enough to get off their butts and go get tested.

You and I both know that standardized reporting is all over the map. It is disappointing that every state and health department should be using the exact same methods for reporting with oversight auditing and accountability of the data.

How can 100% cases testing positive in Orlando be reported and not raise red flags instantly? Negative tests not being reported, etc, etc.
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...flaws-in-florida-department-of-health-report/

This goes back to why I opened this subject line. COVID-19 isn't political?

Last edited:
There's a guy on my team who tested positive as well. He's young and healthy. Said he feels tired, and lacks smell/taste, but said he basically feels like he has mono.
If your coworker on the vent obese? Other comorbidities?
He has had some issues with the heart.

But, so? He was coming to work everyday. Perfect attendance. Living life. His having underlying health concerns has no bearing. Lots of folks have them. A teen here died from COVID. Her underlying health concern was recovering from cancer when she was two.

Do you stop at Tested positive cases to deaths? If so, then 1.54% dying can be seen as bad. I look at everyone that was concerned enough to get off their butts and go get tested.
Your method is flawed and skews data as you prefer it in order to minimize the severity of the disease. It is as meaningless as saying the COVID survival rate for those who don’t have COVID is 100%. It is as dumb as saying, “I smoke two packs a day because the death rate from lung cancer is only 0.0145%.”

In a discussion of all-cause mortality, you would then look at total number of deaths vs. COVID deaths and report that. The number you just made up is utterly and completely meaningless.

Feel free to make a formal retraction of what you wrote above
What I was countering was you saying “we were all calling it that.” No, we weren’t. I don’t give two shits what a CNN anchor said, but around here the only people calling it the Chinese virus were you, ATL, and the rest of the Trumpkins. I wrote multiple documents for my company and in none of those did I refer to it as a Chinese virus. I used COVID-19 as was the term used by the CDC. Why? Because when Trump first started calling it the Chinese virus publicly, one of my Chinese American friends told me he was threatened by a redneck and his wife was harassed by several teenagers about spreading a virus. So while not everyone will do that, some narrow minded assholes will, thus I would rather just refer to it by accepted medical vernacular, rather than a politically charged rhetorical name.

So yeah, you got me, but no, most people were NOT calling it a Chinese virus, and many were actively NOT doing that because it was a narrow minded and thankfully short lived political temper tantrum by Trump.

What I was countering was you saying “we were all calling it that.” No, we weren’t. I don’t give two shits what a CNN anchor said, but around here the only people calling it the Chinese virus were you, ATL, and the rest of the Trumpkins. I wrote multiple documents for my company and in none of those did I refer to it as a Chinese virus. I used COVID-19 as was the term used by the CDC. Why? Because when Trump first started calling it the Chinese virus publicly, one of my Chinese American friends told me he was threatened by a redneck and his wife was harassed by several teenagers about spreading a virus. So while not everyone will do that, some narrow minded assholes will, thus I would rather just refer to it by accepted medical vernacular, rather than a politically charged rhetorical name.

So yeah, you got me, but no, most people were NOT calling it a Chinese virus, and many were actively NOT doing that because it was a narrow minded and thankfully short lived political temper tantrum by Trump.
wuhan! i got you all in check
i got that head nod shit that make you break your neck wuhan!

Reactions: gr8indoorsman

I’m not a “Trumpkin.” Didn’t even vote for him in 2016. Thanks for thinking of me though.

Last edited:
Could fool me. You are first in line to his defense in most every discussion.
Defending him at any time makes the lunatics go wild. It's too easy. He's broken too many brains to count.

And I'd say my candor is 90% anti-Democrat/10% pro-Trump. The Democrat party is a very dangerous group that's shown what it truly is the past few months. Violent, vicious, and full of hate.

Hard pass on the hologram that is Joe Biden in November. He's not a real person.

Defending him at any time makes the lunatics go wild. It's too easy. He's broken too many brains to count.

And I'd say my candor is 90% anti-Democrat/10% pro-Trump. The Democrat party is a very dangerous group that's shown what it truly is the past few months. Violent, vicious, and full of hate. Hard pass on the hologram that is Joe Biden in November. He's not a real person.
I think AOC lives rent free in most Pub brains, considering I can’t ever recall a Junior Republican representative (not even a Senator!) gaining so much notoriety for literally anything.

I think AOC lives rent free in most Pub brains, considering I can’t ever recall a Junior Republican representative (not even a Senator!) gaining so much notoriety for literally anything.
Oh, she absolutely does. The media on the right exploit her as much as they possibly can and put her on a platter to use her as the face of the party. No doubt about that.

And I'll give her one thing, she's a good politician and at least she believes in the complete nonsense she's spewing. Too many of them don't. She's at least honest. I don't agree with her on one issue but at least she's herself.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman

And I'd say my candor is 90% anti-Democrat/10% pro-Trump. The Democrat party is a very dangerous group that's shown what it truly is the past few months. Violent, vicious, and full of hate.

Hard pass on the hologram that is Joe Biden in November. He's not a real person.

Man, projection is a hell of a thing.

Your method is flawed and skews data as you prefer it in order to minimize the severity of the disease. It is as meaningless as saying the COVID survival rate for those who don’t have COVID is 100%. It is as dumb as saying, “I smoke two packs a day because the death rate from lung cancer is only 0.0145%.”

In a discussion of all-cause mortality, you would then look at total number of deaths vs. COVID deaths and report that. The number you just made up is utterly and completely meaningless.
The number is not made up. It is in the data set that is published. Your lung cancer analogy is an arbitrary diversion. Good try though.

There's a guy on my team who tested positive as well. He's young and healthy. Said he feels tired, and lacks smell/taste, but said he basically feels like he has mono.
If your coworker on the vent obese? Other comorbidities?

Underlying conditions aren't "rarities", and all cases are very different. A young man in his 20s who was a college lacrosse player was put in a medically induced coma for weeks.

Diabetes is an underlying condition - 10% of Americans have diabetes. Hypertension? Even more.

The challenge with this virus is there is not "one size fits all" approach to it, and it doesn't help that Americans as a whole are not terribly healthy to begin with. Yes, there are certainly stronger demographics that it affects more. There are many people in their 20s and 30s who are hospitalized. They don't typically die, but it doesn't mean they would be fine and dandy should they not get medical treatment. Which is one of the larger concerns about mass spread - there simply isn't the medical infrastructure to handle it.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Defending him at any time makes
Atlboiler2156: The hologram told us yesterday that Arizona is a city not a State. This is almost Star Wars level. Like hologram former Senator Palpatine turned Darth Sidious now Former VP Basement Biden will transform to Darth BLM (Basement Lives Matter).

Check this weird video clip out at the start, then skip to 6:38 sec and MODERATOR tells news anchor last question, then shuts off the feed at the 10:53. Talk about getting strange. They now have handlers cutting the feed! Wow...just Wow!!!

https://thepatriotsreport.com/2020/07/15/joe-biden-calls-arizona-an-important-city-in-2020-election/

There will only be a Hologram Darth BLM taking on President Trump in a winner take all grudge match debate. Get your popcorn and soda ready!

Last edited:
Atlboiler2156: The hologram told us yesterday that Arizona is a city not a State. This is almost Star Wars level. Like hologram former Senator Palpatine turned Darth Sidious now Former VP Basement Biden will transform to Darth BLM (Basement Lives Matter).

Check this weird video clip out at the start, then skip to 6:38 sec and MODERATOR tells news anchor last question, then shuts off the feed at the 10:53. Talk about getting strange. They now have handlers cutting the feed! Wow...just Wow!!!

https://thepatriotsreport.com/2020/07/15/joe-biden-calls-arizona-an-important-city-in-2020-election/

There will only be a Hologram Darth BLM taking on President Trump in a winner take all grudge match debate. Get your popcorn and soda ready!

Your troll game would be a lot better if this isn’t what you were defending on your side. Jesus.

Milwaukee, I’ll wrap it up with this. As Joe “the hologram” Biden once said...

“You know, you know the thing.”

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
Your troll game would be a lot better if this isn’t what you were defending on your side. Jesus.
Was pointing out the fact that Basement Biden now hologram Darth BLM needs a moderator to get him thru interviews. Trump doesn't...he's arrogant at times and silly at others, but doesn't need a moderator to seal up the interview. In fact, he actually just needs to shut the hell up at times. LOL

Was pointing out the fact that Basement Biden now hologram Darth BLM needs a moderator to get him thru interviews. Trump doesn't...he's arrogant at times and silly at others, but doesn't need a moderator to seal up the interview. In fact, he actually just needs to shut the hell up at times. LOL

Umm okay. Because what I say are the prattlings of someone who doesn’t know what the hell he is talking about and doesn’t seem well.

But yeah just talk it all up to being silly I guess.

AOC is heading Bidens task force on climate change (and as an extension energy policy).

Whether that is just cosmetic appointment for election purposes....or actually the path Biden would take remains to be seen. If it is the latter, it has significant implications .....whether you agree or disagree with AOC positions on climate change/energy policy. That would make her one of the most significant politicians in either party. Just like whoever was in charge of writing Trumps tax reform was an important player....regardless of whether you were for...or against it.

Trump would lose to a monkey f'ing a football right now. That monkey would be more in control than Dandy Don.

He'll just scream Lenin or Marx. Even though I'll bet any amount he couldn't actually tell you who Marx was or what he actually wrote.

Yep. I mean really anyone who defends him at this point is nothing more than garbage. There’s no reconciling defending him with having any decency.

Trump would lose to a monkey f'ing a football right now. That monkey would be more in control than Dandy Don.
Right now, yes. Don’t under estimate Dandy Don. That is what Hillary did...took her foot off the gas.
Basement Biden isn’t going to surface if is Moderators can help it, so that gap will close. We’ll find out how much soon enough.

Right now, yes. Don’t under estimate Dandy Don. That is what Hillary did...took her foot off the gas.
Basement Biden isn’t going to surface if is Moderators can help it, so that gap will close. We’ll find out how much soon enough.

Yes, that was evidenced by the yuge crowd in Tulsa. His shtick is old. Only his true diehard dumbass base (aka you) laps up the nonsense he spews.

But But But. I’m not defending Cuomo. Keep up, pokey.
Whatever ... enjoy the deranged life of a puppet that will never and I mean EVER serve his full term if elected. C’mon man, Joe can even complete a sentence or know differences between State and City. He has to have a moderator to shut him up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT