ADVERTISEMENT

Couldn't believe

Mar 25, 2008
How many Michigan fans took over Ross ade today. For all the talk about the first sell out in over a decade, Michigan owned both the stadium and the game

Reactions: JRFullerton
i bet michigan fans didnt feel so good until the end of the third quarter. they were very quiet till that go ahead td

How many Michigan fans took over Ross ade today. For all the talk about the first sell out in over a decade, Michigan owned both the stadium and the game
1197.png

I'm not sure what you're crowing about. Michigan was held in check by a team with far less talent at every position. You should have had a double digit lead at half time but your offense is hot garbage.

I'm not sure what you're crowing about. Michigan was held in check by a team with far less talent at every position. You should have had a double digit lead at half time but your offense is hot garbage.
Please do not feed the troll. It only encourages.

Just ignore the OP. Unfortunately UM has a bye week and he'll hang around for an extended amount of time. Why not just reply with good recipes for chili or soup....always willing to try some new things for my boys and I at dinner time.

Never thought all that much of Speight. I know people like him, but he has an odd motion and makes some bad decisions.

Yeah, so far this year he's been bad. When he got knocked out, my instant thought was this was bad for us because their back up couldn't possible be worse than Speight has been.

Ratio was around 50k Purdue and 10k Michigan. Really proud of our fanbase and team.
Let's show up for the rest of the season and speed up this rebuild
Actually, it's a little sad that we have a stadium that only seats 57K. Hell, we have 40k+ students on campus alone. Then you have Indy about 70 minutes away, Chicago 2 hrs away, Fort Wayne 2 hours away, so you have several hundred thousand alumni within a 2 hour drive. If Iowa, Wisky, and MSU can get 80K per game, we should be able to as well.

Reactions: Bippus33
Actually, it's a little sad that we have a stadium that only seats 57K. Hell, we have 40k+ students on campus alone. Then you have Indy about 70 minutes away, Chicago 2 hrs away, Fort Wayne 2 hours away, so you have several hundred thousand alumni within a 2 hour drive. If Iowa, Wisky, and MSU can get 80K per game, we should be able to as well.

Keep in mind that the athletic dept mastermind gave up setting when he formulated the renovation.
Back in the day we were getting i believe 69K into Ross/Ade .

Reactions: Inspector100
Keep in mind that the athletic dept mastermind gave up setting when he formulated the renovation.
Back in the day we were getting i believe 69K into Ross/Ade .

Yep from 1970-1987 the capacity was 69,200. Of course we were packed in like sardines and if you did not sit down fast enough you lost your seat, lol.

Reactions: Bippus33

For all the bad decisions in recent years, reducing the capacity to 57k was justified. It removed the awful south end zone bleachers while keeping capacity in line with peer P5 schools such as Louisville (55k), Oregon (54k), Okie State (60k), Illinois (60k), and Colorado (54k). We haven't been close to selling out for years. Until there is demand, expansion simply means more empty seats. Capital funds are better used at this time to upgrade the stadium experience (lights, sound, south end zone complex, etc.).

For all the bad decisions in recent years, reducing the capacity to 57k was justified. It removed the awful south end zone bleachers while keeping capacity in line with peer P5 schools such as Louisville (55k), Oregon (54k), Okie State (60k), Illinois (60k), and Colorado (54k). We haven't been close to selling out for years. Until there is demand, expansion simply means more empty seats. Capital funds are better used at this time to upgrade the stadium experience (lights, sound, south end zone complex, etc.).

How are people complaining that our stadium is too small when we haven't filled it in years?

I saw a few yellow shirts on TV, but they certainly weren't noticed in noise. (As an aside, the big house is the one of the quietest stadiums I've visited)

Part of it is that red stands out more, but in my experience OSU travels far far better than big blue.

Remember, it has gotten only smaller over the years....:(

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
The best coaching decision by Harbaugh was forced when Speight got knocked out
Might have to agree with you here. I don't like any player being injured, they are just kids, but I have wanted to see O'korn for a couple of games now. I guess we will get to see him again in two weeks.

For the handicapped fans that want to attend the games i get it...but in today`s world when do you accept a down size when your goal should be to build revenue with more butts in the seats.
My season tickets are in sec 121 and when Burke created the seating divide with "Haves and Have not sections" in my mind it divided our fans that once sat shoulder to shoulder and rooted for our Boilers.

Might have to agree with you here. I don't like any player being injured, they are just kids, but I have wanted to see O'korn for a couple of games now. I guess we will get to see him again in two weeks.

this post seems legit, so i'll ask you (as opposed to the flood of mich. asshats trolling this board the last few days)

harbaugh is a great coach, and a former qb. how the hell was he so convinced wilson speight was the guy at qb? if your fans are like ours, the backup qb is very popular when the O is struggling, but as we all saw on saturday, o'korn was much much better. as soon as i saw speight was hurt, i knew it wasn't gonna be good for us, haha

this post seems legit, so i'll ask you (as opposed to the flood of mich. asshats trolling this board the last few days)

harbaugh is a great coach, and a former qb. how the hell was he so convinced wilson speight was the guy at qb? if your fans are like ours, the backup qb is very popular when the O is struggling, but as we all saw on saturday, o'korn was much much better. as soon as i saw speight was hurt, i knew it wasn't gonna be good for us, haha

The mobility advantage that O'Korn brings to the offense is most helpful in this environment when the offensive line is still, at the very least, a work in progress. Given his pedigree, I am not surprised to see a streak of Schembechler stubborness in Harbaugh.

I wish I could answer this for you. Many of us have the same question but we have to understand we only see game day not 4 or 5 practices per week. My personal theory is that Speight is a great practice player but when the lights come on........O'Korn did not look good last year against Indiana in his lone start. I think he will get the start against MSU and if he performs well in that game the job will be his. Like him or dislike him JH knows Qbs and how to coach them so we trust him.

It almost felt like this was a road game for Purdue given all of the Michigan fans that took over the stadium. Ann Arbor south!

Can't you find something productive to do with the bye week that does not continually expose you as a total, unadulterated jerk? I had hopes. But my bad, apparently not.

Once again all of the Michigan fans we met on Saturday were great and then PharmD Blue came along and screwed that impression up. Grow up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT