ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Tyrone Tracy!

Don't want to start another thread, but Jack Plummer was on Carolina's roster. Had great stats in game 3. Got cut, but an article I read said they hope to bring him back to the practice squad.

Don't want to start another thread, but Jack Plummer was on Carolina's roster. Had great stats in game 3. Got cut, but an article I read said they hope to bring him back to the practice squad.
Good for him. The PS roster limit is now huge so probably a good chance we will see everlasting Boilers on them. Unfortunately there is a large pay discrepancy which I can’t wrap my brain around since they do everything the roster players do except actually plays in the game / suit up, but still assume they are in attendance.

Reactions: Bippus33
Practice squad pay is still better than 90% of Americans make. It’s a pretty good gig.

Practice squad pay is still better than 90% of Americans make. It’s a pretty good gig.
Not really. They don’t get retirement benefits and they pay a ton in taxes and most guys only go a few years. Then what? There’s such a high percentage of football players going broke, it’s gotta be a lot harder when you are only making 30% of the league minimum.

Not really. They don’t get retirement benefits and they pay a ton in taxes and most guys only go a few years. Then what? There’s such a high percentage of football players going broke, it’s gotta be a lot harder when you are only making 30% of the league minimum.
True, but most football players, I would guess, are not in a position to come close to that outside of football - and there is still a chance they could make it like DeVito did last year.

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT