ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching

Explain.cause u make no sense
This was an opportunity for the team to actually see progress in winning a game we flat out lost in the first half. But our DEFENSIVE coach basically said “we can’t stop them” and put everything on a call from a guy that was coaching HS football 2 years ago. Not bashing the OC as he has shown he’s a huge upgrade from Harrell. But for $€!7 sake why would Walters throw the game on his OC’s shoulders rather than his own? Walters should be left in Illinois for that call.

Reactions: Boiler8285
This was an opportunity for the team to actually see progress in winning a game we flat out lost in the first half. But our DEFENSIVE coach basically said “we can’t stop them” and put everything on a call from a guy that was coaching HS football 2 years ago. Not bashing the OC as he has shown he’s a huge upgrade from Harrell. But for $€!7 sake why would Walters throw the game on his OC’s shoulders rather than his own? Walters should be left in Illinois for that call.
Going for 2 was 100% the right call. We were 2/2 on 2 pt conversions up to that point. Just because it failed doesn’t change that going for 2 was the right thing to do.

Going for 2 was 100% the right call. We were 2/2 on 2 pt conversions up to that point. Just because it failed doesn’t change that going for 2 was the right thing to do.
So you’re saying it was a better decision to put the game in the hands of a coach 2 years removed from HS than it was our HC that is a defensive savant? Walters should be walked out after that. Defend Walters as long as you want but today was a clear example that the guy isn’t ready to be a head coach.

We literally had a chance because of the offensive play calls.

So you’re saying it was a better decision to put the game in the hands of a coach 2 years removed from HS than it was our HC that is a defensive savant? Walters should be walked out after that. Defend Walters as long as you want but today was a clear example that the guy isn’t ready to be a head coach.
Yeah because Walters coaches defense about as well as the guy down at the local bar…

I’m saying it was better to put the game into the hands of the offense that scored 50 points instead of the defense who gave up 50 points. Our defense was cooked. They let IL march down for a FG (barely missed a TD) in 40 seconds. Then they gave up a TD the first play of OT. Our offense was clicking. You’re brainless if you think it wasn’t the right call.

I’m saying it was better to put the game into the hands of the offense that scored 50 points instead of the defense who gave up 50 points. Our defense was cooked. They let IL march down for a FG (barely missed a TD) in 40 seconds. Then they gave up a TD the first play of OT. Our offense was clicking. You’re brainless if you think it wasn’t the right call.
So you’re saying our OC is better play caller than our DC/HC? If so you’re proving my point for me.

You make zero sense,

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Finally a competitive and entertaining game from the offense. Defense still sucks, head coach still sucks.
I mean HC called the offense today and that was some of the most creative play calls I've seen since Brohm if not including Brohm.

I say we fire him as HC and hire him as OC if those are the plays he's going to call.

Purdue didn’t HAVE to go for two there…

Kick it, then take your chances in the third OT, when you HAVE to go for 2!!

Also how in the hell was that not a fumble on IL’s last drive in regulation ??

I mean HC called the offense today and that was some of the most creative play calls I've seen since Brohm if not including Brohm.

I say we fire him as HC and hire him as OC if those are the plays he's going to call.
Yeah, you really have to tip the cap to the offensive play caller. Not sure how much Simmons had a hand in things, but there were some great plays in there. Thought IL was off balance the entire 2nd half.

Walter’s called the offensive plays today. FYI

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT