ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck Martin

msfboiler3

All-American
Nov 19, 2004
Compare ryan walters resume to chuck Martin's and tell me how we end up with walters. There's a long list of others but good grief. D2 head coach success....check, coordinator success at big time d1 program....check, goes to a d1 hc position and has success....check.

It seems Purdue makes decisions in hiring head coaches by using the Jerry Reinsdorf instruction manual. Little to no relevant HC experience and on the cheap side.

Again, there weren’t a lot of options for us when Brohm left. The thought was at least we’d have a young HC with a hot defense & B1G experience…

Reactions: rgarlitz
There's a ton of options...there's a couple really good coaches with proven track records in the MAC. Walters wasn't the best candidate.
I don’t think he was the “best candidate” either. He was the quickest, easiest to get that fit the budget & clicked the boxes, however…

Reactions: RDUBoiler
As many have stated, BOBO knew Brohm was going to leave. He just didn’t know the year. He should have been working the phones 2 years before Brohm left. He should have had a list of 5 potential candidates when Brohm left. I cannot believe Walters was on that list.

When Keady left there was a list of 3 coaches to replace him: Weber, Stallings and Painter. I have to believe Painter also has a list of replacements for when he retires.

Tiller had a list and Hope was on that list.

The decision to hire Walters was a hasty one and made basically because some other school had shown interest. It did not follow a logical selection process.

Again, there weren’t a lot of options for us when Brohm left. The thought was at least we’d have a young HC with a hot defense & B1G experience…
What proof is there that Purdue had no other viable options. That theory has been offered before with no proof or support....

Reactions: BBG
As many have stated, BOBO knew Brohm was going to leave. He just didn’t know the year. He should have been working the phones 2 years before Brohm left. He should have had a list of 5 potential candidates when Brohm left. I cannot believe Walters was on that list.

When Keady left there was a list of 3 coaches to replace him: Weber, Stallings and Painter. I have to believe Painter also has a list of replacements for when he retires.

Tiller had a list and Hope was on that list.

The decision to hire Walters was a hasty one and made basically because some other school had shown interest. It did not follow a logical selection process.

Hope was not on Tiller's list.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT