ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Holtmann fired

Will this result in more upset risk as the first game post new coach against Purdue?

Will this result in more upset risk as the first game post new coach against Purdue?
Was wondering the same thing but then again those guys looked like they quit on Holtmann. Bigger question is who jumps in the portal and where do they end up. Gayle and Thornton are the 2 most prized pieces. First guess is Alabama or Kansas.

Reactions: Schnelk
Put me in the camp with not totally shocked - though somewhat surprised at the timing. It will be interesting how this plays out. Who's going to say it? Butler and Ohio State swap coaches again? Haha..... Hot Tub Time Machine......

Oh, btw, Purdue travels to Columbus for a Sunday game against Ohio State.
The word at Butler is that Barlow will be the next coach. Think he has a good relationship with the new A.D. Course I knew you were joking with the swap.

Yes, please expand... Lol, I haven't heard this one...
Lolol *** Rumor is from IU people who think they had any shot at Kyrie***

Crean came over to kyries house and left a huge dump in the toilet and didnt flush and then Kyrie went to Duke. Loooool. I’m serious about the rumor…I wish I could have been that good to come up with that.
Rumor was that Crean dropped a deuce in the Irving family commode, tried to flush, but then it clogged up and overflowed. Irvings had to call a plumber.

Lolol *** Rumor is from IU people who think they had any shot at Kyrie***

Crean came over to kyries house and left a huge dump in the toilet and didnt flush and then Kyrie went to Duke. Loooool. I’m serious about the rumor…I wish I could have been that good to come up with that.
Bahahaha. It totally checks out. That dude probably had the sweats before walking into the house thinking it could be another D Wade situation and would solidify him as a top HC... That's hilarious... I don't even want to know if its true or not. To me its true simply because it was Crean and that dude was a straight weirdo... Still to this day don't know how the Harbaugh's deal with him... Though Jim has quite a lot of quarks himself maybe that's how...

Bahahaha. It totally checks out. That dude probably had the sweats before walking into the house thinking it could be another D Wade situation and would solidify him as a top HC... That's hilarious... I don't even want to know if its true or not. To me its true simply because it was Crean and that dude was a straight weirdo... Still to this day don't know how the Harbaugh's deal with him... Though Jim has quite a lot of quarks himself maybe that's how...
Hahah. Jim probably puts him in a headlock and then gives him a swirly every time he sees him.

Not sure how this thread veered off to talk about Crean but here we are. I number of years ago I caught an interview with a reporter who talked about Crean. Said Crean is who he is and sometimes just awkward but a genuine nice person.

The guy mentioned he called up Crean after he got fired at IU to do an interview. First thing Crean does is ask him about his kid who was dealing with some sort of rare illness. Said it caught him off guard that Crean remembered and they spent the better part of 30 minutes talking about this guys family.

Later it was revealed that Crean hadn’t moved out of Bloomington yet because he had kids finishing school and didn’t want their lives to be disrupted. Talked about how he loved the city etc and how he would stay longer if he could.

Not sure how this thread veered off to talk about Crean but here we are. I number of years ago I caught an interview with a reporter who talked about Crean. Said Crean is who he is and sometimes just awkward but a genuine nice person.

The guy mentioned he called up Crean after he got fired at IU to do an interview. First thing Crean does is ask him about his kid who was dealing with some sort of rare illness. Said it caught him off guard that Crean remembered and they spent the better part of 30 minutes talking about this guys family.

Later it was revealed that Crean hadn’t moved out of Bloomington yet because he had kids finishing school and didn’t want their lives to be disrupted. Talked about how he loved the city etc and how he would stay longer if he could.
I'll add to that a bit, although I know I have posted this before. One of the things Kim has done for many years was work with an IU guy on IU's graduation at IUK. He liked working with her enough that asked if she would consider working for IU in some capacity for Bloomington...which she wouldn't. ;) Anyway, this man was very nice and always wished the Boilers success and was very level headed about IU. When Crean was released he said Tom came to his house and offered him all his IU things as he was Tom's best friend at IU and how he hated to see him go and so I have every reason to believe what we both wrote was accurate as far as him generally being a nice person. Weird, but nice. ;)

Smoke signals that it is Sean Miller as their next HC. Hasn’t exactly done great at X this year but can certainly be a force

• Wow
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Feels disgusting with a month left during the regular season. How does he even address the team? There's got to be some kind of limits on this put in place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT