ADVERTISEMENT

Chiang not minority enough

PurduePete

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2008
You know in this day and age we have questions," University Faculty Senator David Sanders said. "Were there any women considered for the position? Were any underrepresented minorities considered for the position? Were people outside the university considered for the position? We don't know and we won't know any of those."

Reactions: pboiler18
You know in this day and age we have questions," University Faculty Senator David Sanders said. "Were there any women considered for the position? Were any underrepresented minorities considered for the position? Were people outside the university considered for the position? We don't know and we won't know any of those."
Liberals are trying to focus on anything other than the disaster sitting in the White House.

“Underrepresented minorities” in a university setting? Obviously not true for an Asian.

I think this guy is eminently qualified to be President of Purdue and am glad the BoT did not mess around in naming President Daniels’ successor.

Who cares what David Sanders thinks about this? Too bad if he doesn’t like the choice.

Funny…when people “outside the university” like Daniels were considered, the argument was he was not an academic. Liberal thought isn’t that difficult- just choose the demographic that doesn’t fit your specific choice. Once served on a board where when liberals said their was no representation for youth…pointed out that I had 2 children…then it was yes, but you’re not a woman.

Reading this gave me a stroke
IBTL

peter-griffin.gif

Considering your posting history regarding minorities at Purdue, you might want to sit this one out.

Who is David Sanders and why does he hate Asians?
It’s a good question. Maybe Sanders thinks Purdue should hire a black woman, someone in the LGBTQ….domain, a Native American……

Who knows with some of these people. Sanders is probably angry Purdue chose someone from the Engineering side of the house and not Liberal Arts. It’s not “diverse enough”.

Shut up! Good grief
Pretty easy to assume that person making the comment probably didn't watch primetime Thursday night.

Anyway, re: the original topic of the post, not every public comment deserves attention. Don't give Sanders the attention he doesn't deserve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain7781 and npb
Loosen people. I personally have enjoyed this thread. I love the Dickie thing! I think the new President sounds like a winner grounded in academics and the real world. I hope he is crazy about football, basketball, baseball and volleyball?

Cordova couldn’t find Mackey or Ross Ade without a driver!

Maybe he owns a motorcycle?

Loosen people. I personally have enjoyed this thread. I love the Dickie thing! I think the new President sounds like a winner grounded in academics and the real world. I hope he is crazy about football, basketball, baseball and volleyball?

Cordova couldn’t find Mackey or Ross Ade without a driver!

Maybe he owns a motorcycle?
I’ve told this story before but I was in the basement Hovde before commencement, I was decked out in my cap and gown and literally no one else was in the hallway… Cordova comes out of the elevator and is walking toward me and she has her robe on too … so it’s obvious that I am getting a master’s degree that day (which in my mind elevates me over the undergrads and family members)

I say “Hello President Cordova” and she not only didn’t acknowledge me she moved closer to the wall and looked down while she passed.

I was shocked that she wouldn’t engage with a student ….. Mitch probably would have shook my hand

This is a perfect example of why I rarely come here anymore.

I’ve told this story before but I was in the basement Hovde before commencement, I was decked out in my cap and gown and literally no one else was in the hallway… Cordova comes out of the elevator and is walking toward me and she has her robe on too … so it’s obvious that I am getting a master’s degree that day (which in my mind elevates me over the undergrads and family members)

I say “Hello President Cordova” and she not only didn’t acknowledge me she moved closer to the wall and looked down while she passed.
You’re accidentally improving Cordova’s legacy here.

There are people with dumb ideas from the left. There are people with dumb ideas from the right. What good does it do to highlight them on a message board about Purdue sports? At a time in our country when we need to be coming together to address shared challenges, it is sad that on Message Board which is dedicated to a shared idea (love of Purdue sports) people try to create discord out of thin air.

There are people with dumb ideas from the left. There are people with dumb ideas from the right. What good does it do to highlight them on a message board about Purdue sports? At a time in our country when we need to be coming together to address shared challenges, it is sad that on Message Board which is dedicated to a shared idea (love of Purdue sports) people try to create discord out of thin air.
So you don’t think the president of a university has influence on their athletic department?

Ok … I didn’t think that I had to explain this but apparently I do…..

nothing in the body of the OP is from me …. It is 100% a quote from Professor David Sanders.

It is taken from a story from WLFI.

carry on
I believe you were guided to note your sources not long ago. Looks like it would have paid off here.

And nobody believes he has a masters degree.
Lol. Yup they let me in twice. Aaaaaannd Purdue hired me *gasp* and to completely blow your mind …over 800 people earned a Purdue certification with my signature at the bottom ….. shocker

Reactions: fanofpu
Right out of the progressive playbook. Insinuate discrimination at every opportunity and burnish your social justice warrior credentials.
Exhibit A why the tenure system needs to be scrapped.

He’s not a random professor … you should check his history.
His history is political, and has nothing to do with Purdue sports. So yes, he is a random professor within the Purdue sports world. It is not random within the political world. Which gets back to my original point about unnecessarily introducing political discord into a sports message board.

Reactions: JPurdue
Keeping score, there are more dumb ideas from the left.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT