ADVERTISEMENT

"Character still counts" for The Rev. Coach Leo

Riveting

Senior
Aug 24, 2020
...per new puff piece in the IU Star.

“We have such a special culture here, I’m not going to sacrifice that just to get a guy who we think has got some talent," says The Rev Coach Leo in the piece.

The Rev. Coach Leo would never do anything to sacrifice that "special culture".

...per new puff piece in the IU Star.

“We have such a special culture here, I’m not going to sacrifice that just to get a guy who we think has got some talent," says The Rev Coach Leo in the piece.

The Rev. Coach Leo would never do anything to sacrifice that "special culture".

He would never sacrifice the culture in order to play a woman beater, right?

I enjoy reading articles where College Coaches consider character as a main ingredient in their selection process. I don't care what school they represent, all College Coaches need to take on this philosophy. If a player screws up. the coach deserves some criticism but no one is perfect especially when dealing with someone else's mind. Kids snap for different reasons and they are the ones who need to be held accountable not the person who had high hopes for them.

I enjoy reading articles where College Coaches consider character as a main ingredient in their selection process. I don't care what school they represent, all College Coaches need to take on this philosophy. If a player screws up. the coach deserves some criticism but no one is perfect especially when dealing with someone else's mind. Kids snap for different reasons and they are the ones who need to be held accountable not the person who had high hopes for them.
Well, then when the kid makes a serious mistake (and a violent one at that), the coach shouldn't be playing them. Pretty easy decision if you stand behind your philosophy...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT