ADVERTISEMENT

CB Jordan Rucker in the transfer portal

Dec 7, 2004

Another one from that enormous sophomore class. Still leaves us at 23, not counting R. Moore.

Seems like a logical move to make room. He played only five games here in a reserve role, and we were his only P5 offer coming out of HS.

He seemed to play well before getting injured last season. Don't like to see this one.

He seemed to play well before getting injured last season. Don't like to see this one.
The one I still have hated to see the most was Jones. Our LB depth and experience is still suspect yet. It would have been nice to have his experience this year at that position.

Seems like a logical move to make room. He played only five games here in a reserve role, and we were his only P5 offer coming out of HS.
Generally I'd hope most RS-FR are only in a reserve role. But maybe you're on to something with this considering the injuries across the board you all had to deal with.

Generally I'd hope most RS-FR are only in a reserve role. But maybe you're on to something with this considering the injuries across the board you all had to deal with.
He was set to start the PSU game and was hurt covering the kickoff. Never was able to regain his spot once he returned.

we added that juco db. and we have other Db's. I believe we'll be ok. You hate to see a player leave. but you also hate to see a player come to school like Allstott and then never play very much.

As I said, we added the juco db, and we have some very talented Dbs from last year's class.

I hope this gives him an actual chance to play.

Reactions: NG.q15
I've been wrong before , but this is my thought process.

before brohm came along, Purdue didn't really attract many great or skilled athletes. and they would have to redshirt to develop their skills and size. There were always exceptions. and those exceptions usually started immediately. Like Blue and Woodson. they didn't need to redshirt. but the vast majority of players that came here needed some time.

and then along came Brohm.

and yes, brohm recruited some players that also needed time to develop.

But Juco players should not need time to develop. they should be able to be immediate contributors, if not start. the same should be true for grad starters.

I personally believe the same should also apply to elite 4/5 star players and some high 3 star players. I see GK start and Graham start and Moore start and other players start, and it makes me believe if they can start, then others with similar skills/rankings should be able to start. they start at similar schools. To me, if they earned that lofty ranking, their talent should be able to overcome their inexperience. Woodson was able to do it, so today's football players should to. Unless of course, their ranking was very over inflated.

I say this because I look at Brohm's DB recruits, and I believe we'll be just fine. We have Graham who may become a linebacker. We have Kane, Stevens and Howard coming in. they look pretty good. last year we brought in Grant, Allen and Graham. Grant suffered an injury, but he has starter's talent. We saw what Graham and Allen could do. Add trice to that mix.. and throw in a few others. maybe a couple of receivers who become DBs.

even though a freshman, and before he was injured, I felt Grant had enough talent to be able to start as a freshman. Admittedly it's not typical of a Purdue freshman, but grant was not a typical recruit. if fully healthy, i'd still pencil him in as a starter. Unless he becomes a LB, i'd pencil in graham. I'd pencil in the Juco. and i'd pencil in trice. throw in Allan, and the others, and i'd say we have a decent backfield.

And looking forward, with a healthy grant, and the incoming freshmen, I don't really see a future for Rucker other than being a back-up. it would be nice if he stayed, but I can understand why he decided to leave. .

Last edited:
I've been wrong before , but this is my thought process.

before brohm came along, Purdue didn't really attract many great or skilled athletes. and they would have to redshirt to develop their skills and size. There were always exceptions. and those exceptions usually started immediately. Like Blue and Woodson. they didn't need to redshirt. but the vast majority of players that came here needed some time.

and then along came Brohm.

and yes, brohm recruited some players that also needed time to develop.

But Juco players should not need time to develop. they should be able to be immediate contributors, if not start. the same should be true for grad starters.

I personally believe the same should also apply to elite 4/5 star players and some high 3 star players. I see GK start and Graham start and Moore start and other players start, and it makes me believe if they can start, then others with similar skills/rankings should be able to start. they start at similar schools. To me, if they earned that lofty ranking, their talent should be able to overcome their inexperience. Woodson was able to do it, so today's football players should to. Unless of course, their ranking was very over inflated.

I say this because I look at Brohm's DB recruits, and I believe we'll be just fine. We have Graham who may become a linebacker. We have Kane, Stevens and Howard coming in. they look pretty good. last year we brought in Grant, Allen and Graham. Grant suffered an injury, but he has starter's talent. We saw what Graham and Allen could do. Add trice to that mix.. and throw in a few others. maybe a couple of receivers who become DBs.

even though a freshman, and before he was injured, I felt Grant had enough talent to be able to start as a freshman. Admittedly it's not typical of a Purdue freshman, but grant was not a typical recruit. if fully healthy, i'd still pencil him in as a starter. Unless he becomes a LB, i'd pencil in graham. I'd pencil in the Juco. and i'd pencil in trice. throw in Allan, and the others, and i'd say we have a decent backfield.

And looking forward, with a healthy grant, and the incoming freshmen, I don't really see a future for Rucker other than being a back-up. it would be nice if he stayed, but I can understand why he decided to leave. .

I don't know of I would get in the habit of "Well Rod Woodson did it..." but I mostly agree with you here. I liked him, wish it would have worked out, but we have over-recruited DBs about every year since CJB showed up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT