ADVERTISEMENT

Carsen Starting Tonight....

413 posts in only 95 days,
"you are correct, sir!!"
(his hat always gives him away too)
iu_baseball_sucks_zpsmrqranbx.jpg
He posted something about we can't help ourselves. He has absolutely no self-control when it comes to Purdue. He is helpless.

Reactions: Courthouse Carp
Arguing that somebody who is 6’8 230 lbs is a better rebounder than a guy who is barely 6 foot is seriously the argument you’re going to make as to why he’s a better player? And Robinson was not a better scorer. He may have averaged more points but that’s the nature of the era in which each played in. Robinson took almost 600 more 3 pointers than Isiah and only averaged .5 point more for his career. Teams simply didn’t shoot or revolve an offense around the 3 point line in that era. Monta Ellis averaged more points ppg for his career than Reggie Miller, going to argue Monta Ellis is a better scorer than Reggie Miller?

Isiah was a 12 time all-star to Robinson’s 2

Was all-NBA 4x to Robinson’s 0

Isiah Thomas is an NBA Hall of famer and named as one of the best 50 players of all time by the NBA. Robinson isn’t even in Milwaukee’s HoF.

Thomas was the sole reason Detroit went from last place to 2x NBA champion, ending the Celtics dynasty and is a 2x Finals MVP. Robinson collected a ring in year in which he played 9 games.

There is literally ZERO argument that you can make that Robinson is a tenth of the NBA player that Isiah Thomas is.
Robinson is better because he made more money (according to your argument).

But the bottom line is, if I could only choose one of them for my team, I choose Glenn Robinson. End of argument.

Does anyone know when was the last time IU men's basketball beat Purdue? I can't remember.
Maybe when they finally get a victory over the Boilermakers they can come on this message board and boast. But until then they are loosiers.

Reactions: Inspector100
Robinson is better because he made more money (according to your argument).

But the bottom line is, if I could only choose one of them for my team, I choose Glenn Robinson. End of argument.

And a swell GM you'd be. There's a reason why Isiah Thomas is 2x champion and Final's MVP and a reason why Glenn Robinson made it past the first round of the playoffs one time in his career.

Does anyone know when was the last time IU men's basketball beat Purdue? I can't remember.
Maybe when they finally get a victory over the Boilermakers they can come on this message board and boast. But until then they are loosiers.

Didn't you literally ask that question last night? It's the same non sequitur answer today as it was the day before.

When IU beat Purdue last is irrelevant to the fact that Isiah Thomas is a 10x better NBA player than Glenn Robinson.

Glenn Robinson was 1-3 against Indiana. Does that somehow change the narrative?

And a swell GM you'd be. There's a reason why Isiah Thomas is 2x champion and Final's MVP and a reason why Glenn Robinson made it past the first round of the playoffs one time in his career.

Yeah, it's called the difference between playing for the Milwaukee Bucks vs the Pistons. You plop Isaah on the same Bucks team Glen played for, and you see similar results. You think Larry Bird wins the same number of championships without Ainge, Parish, and McHale??

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Yeah, it's called the difference between playing for the Milwaukee Bucks vs the Pistons. You plop Isaah on the same Bucks team Glen played for, and you see similar results. You think Larry Bird wins the same number of championships without Ainge, Parish, and McHale??

Isiah Thomas literally took over a last place team you moron. You think the Pistons dethrone the Boston dynasty without Isiah Thomas? God you're clueless.

Glenn Robinson played with Vin Baker who was a perennial all-star and made an all-NBA team as well as Ray Allen while entering his prime.

Isiah Thomas literally took over a last place team you moron. You think the Pistons dethrone the Boston dynasty without Isiah Thomas? God you're clueless.

Glenn Robinson played with Vin Baker who was a perennial all-star and made an all-NBA team as well as Ray Allen while entering his prime.

Yeah, Joe Dumars and Bill Lambeer were slackers. And the Bucks were 20-62 the year prior to Robinson with zero talent.

This guy just likes to argue on these boards. He finds random facts to post and then challenges people to argue about them. My recommendation is to either ignore him or try to keep him on topic. He can't just stay on any one subject if he feels he is being bested in the argument. He starts moving all over the place and throwing in fluff to hide behind (for example the comment about Glenn). It is fun to watch.

IGNORE IS YOUR FRIEND!

Up until a few months ago I didn't put anyone on "ignore." Then, there were a couple of posters who demanded it.

I'm chuckling while reading this thread, imagining the abject stupidity of the poster I put on ignore.

There are just some idiots who, when ignored, make life a lot more enjoyable.

Yeah, Joe Dumars and Bill Lambeer were slackers. And the Bucks were 20-62 the year prior to Robinson with zero talent.

Joe Dumars was in his 3rd and 4th year when they won the title. He eventually became a HoFer once he took over after Thomas retired, but was nowhere near a star yet. And comparing Bill Lambeer to Kevin McHale or Robert Parish??? Are you on crack? Ya he was on all-star a couple of times, but Kevin McHale and Robert Parish are first ballot hall of famers and top 50 players of all-time and were beaten by the Pistons during the primes of their career. You have to seriously try to be this dumb. Suggesting a top 5 PG of all-time is a product of his environment is myopic. Glenn Robinson was never even the best player on his team, yet he's better than Isiah Thomas? A first ballot Hall of Famer who is arguably a top 25 NBA player of all-time.

IGNORE IS YOUR FRIEND!

Up until a few months ago I didn't put anyone on "ignore." Then, there were a couple of posters who demanded it.

I'm chuckling while reading this thread, imagining the abject stupidity of the poster I put on ignore.

There are just some idiots who, when ignored, make life a lot more enjoyable.

I was wondering when the village idiot was going to show up. Usually you aren't far behind Andy and vice versa.

Which one is it?

TD swears I’m Courtsense
Andy says I’m someone named Stu
Mathboy says I’m neither

Are you just picking old handles of those who have previously put you in your place just as I’m doing now?
It's Courtsense. You're fantasy of "putting someone in their place" says all anyone needs to see. Even Victor Bear owns you.:D

It's Courtsense. You're fantasy of "putting someone in their place" says all anyone needs to see. Even Victor Bear owns you.:D

From one IU fan to another, how do you feel about your pretend Purdue friends saying Glenn Robinson was a better NBA player than Isiah Thomas?

I brought this up on the first tee box today and the rest of my foursome had a pretty good laugh.

IT was more popular (hence the all star votes), and he does have one more ring. I'll give him that. But GR avg. more pts., rebounded better, and made more money. IT had a hell of a lot of assists, but turned it over a ton too. This is a close call, but gotta go with GR.

IndyResident is abrasive, but I really don't think it is a close call - though I really liked G Robinson.

Reactions: PU pit bull
Anyone else who seriously thinks Glenn Robinson was a better NBA player than Isiah Thomas. Luckily you don’t need a full set of fingers.
Glenn was a better scorer and rebounder. Ya, ill definitely take glenn over thomas. Seems like common sense move imo.

Joe Dumars was in his 3rd and 4th year when they won the title. He eventually became a HoFer once he took over after Thomas retired, but was nowhere near a star yet. And comparing Bill Lambeer to Kevin McHale or Robert Parish??? Are you on crack? Ya he was on all-star a couple of times, but Kevin McHale and Robert Parish are first ballot hall of famers and top 50 players of all-time and were beaten by the Pistons during the primes of their career. You have to seriously try to be this dumb. Suggesting a top 5 PG of all-time is a product of his environment is myopic. Glenn Robinson was never even the best player on his team, yet he's better than Isiah Thomas? A first ballot Hall of Famer who is arguably a top 25 NBA player of all-time.

Where in my statement did I say Glen Robinson was a better NBA player? I was commenting on why you claimed Glen Robinson didn't make it past the first round playoffs more than once you moron. Reading comprehension isn't your friend. You believe it was all Isaah's doing. Give me a break. The Pistons won because they had an elite defense with Dennis Rodman and Joe Dumars, not because of Isaah, you freaking idiot. The Bucks had scorers, but no defense. You really believe the idiotic crap you spew??

Where in my statement did I say Glen Robinson was a better NBA player? I was commenting on why you claimed Glen Robinson didn't make it past the first round playoffs more than once you moron. Reading comprehension isn't your friend. You believe it was all Isaah's doing. Give me a break. The Pistons won because they had an elite defense with Dennis Rodman and Joe Dumars, not because of Isaah, you freaking idiot. The Bucks had scorers, but no defense. You really believe the idiotic crap you spew??
Indy16 likes to drag threads into the ditch. If he struggles to prove his point he will deflect or redirect the subject to something he thinks he can “win”. Of course, if you really think about what “winning” an argument on here means, you just got to laugh at his efforts to boost his self esteem. Like the lady says, “It doesn’t work that way”.

I am pretty sure this guy has multiple IDs on here and other rivals sites.

You significantly downplayed Isiah's importance to the Pistons. Did they have good players? Absolutely. The Pistons DO NOT win back to back titles without Isiah Thomas and it's not even a question. He's a top 30 player of all-time. Rodman and Dumars had excellent careers, but they were young and up and coming talents in the late 80s. Look at what happened to the Pistons after Isiah got hurt and abruptly retired? They were AWFUL. I mean worst team in the league awful, with Joe Dumars who was a hall of famer. The Pistons won titles because of Isiah, not in spite of him. Idiotic take.

Look at what happened to the Bucks when Robinson was traded to Atlanta? The Bucks made the playoffs two times in 8 years with Robinson, traded him, and then made the playoffs 3 out of the 4 next years. He was a team cancer who regularly clashed with coaches. He didn't play defense, didn't play team ball, didn't do shit in the NBA. Glenn Robinson's VORP (NBA's equivalent of MLB's WAR) doesn't even rank in the top 400 of all time. Isiah is fringe top 50. Glenn Robinson was a decent, never great NBA player. Not in the same breath as Isiah Thomas.

From one IU fan to another, how do you feel about your pretend Purdue friends saying Glenn Robinson was a better NBA player than Isiah Thomas?

I brought this up on the first tee box today and the rest of my foursome had a pretty good laugh.
Here’s your hero sneaking off the court before the game is over, after getting his ass kicked by the Bulls in 1991. What a freaking coward.

thomas_laimbeer.jpg

Reactions: PU pit bull
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT