ADVERTISEMENT

Carsen Edwards

Thanks for the link p4sure.

I know many posters get weary of the "next year" stuff (and I can understand that point of view/reference), but you have to like the prospects of seeing CE play for the Boilers. One never knows about potential and how a player will perform/fit in.....but dare I mention.....CE might just end up (when it's all said and done) as a better shooting version of Lewis Jackson? There would be a LOT of work ahead of him though.....he does seem to be the type of young man who's up for the challenge. We shall see.

And that's no disrespect to Lewis Jackson.....loved his game and effort.....if CE is anywhere near that on either end.....he'll help the Boilers.

Also......which Boiler followers wouldn't like to see (or hear Cliz call) an Edwards-to-Edwards toss for a bucket or two?

Thanks for the link p4sure.

I know many posters get weary of the "next year" stuff (and I can understand that point of view/reference), but you have to like the prospects of seeing CE play for the Boilers. One never knows about potential and how a player will perform/fit in.....but dare I mention.....CE might just end up (when it's all said and done) as a better shooting version of Lewis Jackson? There would be a LOT of work ahead of him though.....he does seem to be the type of young man who's up for the challenge. We shall see.

And that's no disrespect to Lewis Jackson.....loved his game and effort.....if CE is anywhere near that on either end.....he'll help the Boilers.

Also......which Boiler followers wouldn't like to see (or hear Cliz call) an Edwards-to-Edwards toss for a bucket or two?
To this day lewis is the quickest player I've ever seen. His first step burst was insanely fast. Doubt carsen is quite as quick, but he is bigger and also a better leaper. And as you mentioned the scouting report is that he seems to be a good shooter as well, compared to Lewis who never really developed a consistent shot.

Everyone is excited for CE next year (as am I). I haven't seen any chatter as to what this means for Grant Weatherford. Is he going to this year Taylor? Redshirt but then not a ton of playing time?

Everyone is excited for CE next year (as am I). I haven't seen any chatter as to what this means for Grant Weatherford. Is he going to this year Taylor? Redshirt but then not a ton of playing time?

I think weatherford was and is going to be a glue guy who can come off the bench and play some mean defense to frustrate an opponent in to mistakes. He seems to really enjoy his role as a RS this year and will provide great depth when needed. It can't be stated enough that having a guy that competitive to go against every day makes everyone better.

People have noted AJ's improvement needs to be chalked up to some degree to Haas coming in and pushing him. Could we say the same about Grant pushing PJ every day in practice through intensity and toughness?

Reactions: BoilerFan#35
with all due respect, I don't expect GW to be anything more than a roster filler until his upperclass years. Anything extra we get from him prior to that will be a bonus.

To this day lewis is the quickest player I've ever seen. His first step burst was insanely fast. Doubt carsen is quite as quick, but he is bigger and also a better leaper. And as you mentioned the scouting report is that he seems to be a good shooter as well, compared to Lewis who never really developed a consistent shot.

I don't know about better leaper..........Jackson could get up, and he is about 4 inches shorter +- than Carsen. I am looking forward to Edwards big time! It's been kind of cool following his success thru the year......and finally seeing him get the recognition he deserves.

I don't know about better leaper..........Jackson could get up, and he is about 4 inches shorter +- than Carsen. I am looking forward to Edwards big time! It's been kind of cool following his success thru the year......and finally seeing him get the recognition he deserves.
Not sure about "better", but I've viewed videos of CE dunking left-handed, right-handed and with both hands in games....not bad for 5'11":)

Reactions: PU pit bull

Jackson had a 41" vertical and would dunk routinely in H.S.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT