ADVERTISEMENT

Carr/Yaseen/Murphy

Roeder

Junior
Jun 21, 2007
Anyone know if Carr and Yaseen are hurt? Don't remember seeing them much against Minny. I know with Rondale in the mix it will be tough to get on the field, but it was around 4 or 5 games into the season last year where Bell started to take off. Also is Murphy suspended, in dog house, or not ready for B1G football?

With injuries/covid losses on defense, I feel like this team will need all it's weapons locked and loaded to win some shootouts down the stretch. Really excited about how Plummer looked last week and think the remaining 4 are all winnable.

Anyone know if Carr and Yaseen are hurt? Don't remember seeing them much against Minny. I know with Rondale in the mix it will be tough to get on the field, but it was around 4 or 5 games into the season last year where Bell started to take off. Also is Murphy suspended, in dog house, or not ready for B1G football?

With injuries/covid losses on defense, I feel like this team will need all it's weapons locked and loaded to win some shootouts down the stretch. Really excited about how Plummer looked last week and think the remaining 4 are all winnable.

murphy is ready for ice cream, lots of it, pizza and some funyuns lol

Carr was hurt against IL. Limped off. Haven't heard the extent of the injury.

Yaseem has seen some action, and I think made a catch or at least was targeted. Havent heard that he is injured.

Last edited:

Its really hard to say because Brohm doesn’t release a depth chart. Carr was getting some snaps when Rondale and Anthrop were both out. I have seen H&R (who attempts a depth chart) list Carr behind Wright outside, but honestly I have seen both Sparks and Anderson out there more. My best guess is that Carr is no higher than 3 deep at any WR spot now and Yaseen below him.

I don’t think we will see Murphy at all this season after his run in with the law. Horvath/King and then Hewitt are probably the 3 at rb and if I am being honest I think Brohm will mix in runs from Rondale and Anthrop before getting to even Hewitt.

Its really hard to say because Brohm doesn’t release a depth chart. Carr was getting some snaps when Rondale and Anthrop were both out. I have seen H&R (who attempts a depth chart) list Carr behind Wright outside, but honestly I have seen both Sparks and Anderson out there more. My best guess is that Carr is no higher than 3 deep at any WR spot now and Yaseen below him.

I don’t think we will see Murphy at all this season after his run in with the law. Horvath/King and then Hewitt are probably the 3 at rb and if I am being honest I think Brohm will mix in runs from Rondale and Anthrop before getting to even Hewitt.

yaseen came in I think for wright or bell late in northwestern.

carr doesn’t translate to the positions on a depth chart. He’d be like a 4th receiver if you pulled the TE a la Drake London last year at usc

It seemed like different guys each got 1 series in the NW game to be the 3rd WR to Bell and Wright. Sparks, Anderson, Anthrop, Sheffield and ARY all got their shot. No one really did anything because AOC was so focused on the main guys.

Haven't seen anything from Carr since the Illinois game.

Much more important than any of those players playing are:

Marvin Grant (playing more)
Steven Faucheux
Bryce Austin
Dantay hunter
Khali Saunders
King Doerue
Garrett Miller
Jared baczynski

If Any of those players can play and play well it’s a huge impact

We don't really know the criteria which running backs and wide receivers are judged by the coaches as being fit to start. Besides the primary responsibility of the position, perhaps the players aren't performing highy at other skill sets such as blocking, and for backs, also catching the ball. For fans, it is disconcerting to await the play of highly touted skill position players and then never see them in action. I always remember in the (I believe) Ohio State game that Terry Wright threw 3 separate blocks on a Rondale Moore touchdown play.

Reactions: Beorik
We don't really know the criteria which running backs and wide receivers are judged by the coaches as being fit to start. Besides the primary responsibility of the position, perhaps the players aren't performing highy at other skill sets such as blocking, and for backs, also catching the ball. For fans, it is disconcerting to await the play of highly touted skill position players and then never see them in action. I always remember in the (I believe) Ohio State game that Terry Wright threw 3 separate blocks on a Rondale Moore touchdown play.

and I also don’t think, with rondale back, that where this team is suffering is at offensive skill positions. Farthest thing from it. I’d like to see Steven Faucheux come in and make an impact before I worry about yaseen.

by the way I’m not saying I know who is ready .. but no one knows how ready any of these guys who aren’t starting are .. save perhaps Marvin grant

Reactions: NVboiler

Yaseem has seen some action, and I think made a catch or at least was targeted. Havent heard that he is injured.
And we won't hear an injury report. He'll be a "game time decision". "I'm not sure of their status". Or something vague like that. Because not talking about injuries has really seemed to throw off our opponents...🙄

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
Much more important than any of those players playing are:

Marvin Grant (playing more)
Steven Faucheux
Bryce Austin
Dantay hunter
Khali Saunders
King Doerue
Garrett Miller
Jared baczynski

If Any of those players can play and play well it’s a huge impact

I agree with wanting to see a lot of these guys to see what they have. Unfortunately I think a couple of things are working against them.
1. Purdue is in the upper half of the Big in scoring defense so there is no urgent need to make changes.
2. A lot of it probably comes down to trust. Especially with it being the first year of a new defensive system. And when all of our games are within a score one way or the other, coaches don’t typically get away from their two deep.

Reactions: NVboiler

Carr hurt in Iowa. Yassen no catch yet

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT