ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone explain the point of including pronouns in your work email signature?

And here come the personal insults from the left. LOL! My two college age kids think it ridiculous btw. I've said this before but again, 30 years from now people are going to laugh and wonder what the fuch was going on when looking back on this time when people where wanting to pick their pronouns. Do you refer to Rachel Dolezal as black? You're an old timer and a hypocrite if not.
Agree.

While it's not that hard to grasp, my biggest issue is that IF you don't use their correct pronoun they get offended. But I'm not sure how you would unless you were talking about them, and not to them.

I've been through some training that basically says you should ask what pronouns they'd like to use after you've been introduced.

Question ... as a straight (or is it cis?) male/female does this seem normal? If you look like a man I'll assume it's he/him. If you look like a woman she/her. If I'm unsure then you get what you get and by nature I may use they/them to be honest.

But I'm not going to ask everyone I meet what their pronoun is. That's just absurd IMHO. If anything I would assume it would offend the vast majority.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
And here come the personal insults from the left. LOL! My two college age kids think its ridiculous btw. I've said this before but again, 30 years from now people are going to laugh and wonder what the fuch was going on when looking back on this time when people were wanting to pick their pronouns. Do you refer to Rachel Dolezal as black? You're an old timer and a hypocrite if not.
Sorry about the insult. Just meant it as a joke. Its like old people and computers. Times are changing. We can either keep up or get left behind.

I'm just here to educate not to divide. Its not a big deal. I just hope somebody learned something today.

Sorry about the insult. Just meant it as a joke. Its like old people and computers. Times are changing. We can either keep up or get left behind.

I'm just here to educate not to divide. Its not a big deal. I just hope somebody learned something today.
What’s your position on Rachel? Just hoping you learned something today.

You must be very young, perhaps a recent grad.
Here's a little free career advice: Unless you're going to work for Starbucks or the gubment, most people like me, who make the hiring/firing decisions, don't give 2 $shits about what pronoun a person wants to be called. If they do, it tells me they're more focused on themselves and how they 'feel' than about their job. That means I might have to deal with HR telling me one of my employees doesn't feel 'safe' at work. I don't have the time or inclination for that.
Life aint easy. Toughen up buttercup.

You don't call someone he, she, they or them in class or when you you are speaking with them.

It's pretty simple really.

When you “address” someone, you use their name or "you". Nothing has changed and there is nothing complicated here. How are you today? Did you get your homework done? Why were you late for class?

The only difference is when you are talking about someone (see "them" above). Historically, the standard practice in English has been to assign a gender to them ( “her” or “him”). Recently “they/them” has been adopted for those who don’t want to be thought of as “her” or “him”. Think about it like this. Someone is knocking at the door. You may say to someone else "Can you answer the door and let them in?" Traditionally we would have used "them" here because we don't know the gender of the person knocking. It's kind of the same idea.

If your daughter in law is still uncomfortable using they or them, she can still call them by their name.

I hope this helps some of you old timers.

That's a complete waste of time and mental energy.
You're either a boy or a girl. A he or a she. "They" and "Them" are both plural, not to be used on a singular person.

You must be very young, perhaps a recent grad.
Here's a little free career advice: Unless you're going to work for Starbucks or the gubment, most people like me, who make the hiring/firing decisions, don't give 2 $shits about what pronoun a person wants to be called. If they do, it tells me they're more focused on themselves and how they 'feel' than about their job. That means I might have to deal with HR telling me one of my employees doesn't feel 'safe' at work. I don't have the time or inclination for that.
Life aint easy. Toughen up buttercup.
I'm not the one who is complaining because someone puts their pronouns on an email. I don't do it, but I don't care if someone else does or doesn't. If its important to them, I will try and accommodate them. I don't see why it's such a big deal.

I'm not the one who is complaining because someone puts their pronouns on an email. I don't do it, but I don't care if someone else does or doesn't. If its important to them, I will try and accommodate them. I don't see why it's such a big deal.

Why should I have to accommodate them? So they'll feel better about themselves? So they get validation? Your validation is your paycheck.

What's the differene between that and an employee saying "I can't work in a cubicle, I need an office with a window so I can look outside. Please accomodate this request" (even though the other 99% of employees work from a cubicle)

So why stop at pronouns? Would you call Rachel black because she says she is? Do you call someone the adjectives they wish to be called? I've asked this 3 times now and you've refused to answer. What's the big deal? I think we all know why.

Reactions: bonefish1
It starts there, then eventually gets to the point where you just simply refer to everyone as them/they/their ... and maybe just you. 'It' probably isn't far behind.

If I'm sending you an email, I'm not going to call you he/she. I'm either going to address you by your name or say you. Emailing someone and calling them him/he/she/her doesn't make grammatical sense and would confuse anyone reading the email. So what's the point of putting pronouns in your sig?
It's a means of verifying that the Indoctrination is working.

If people can't recognize that this "identifying your pronouns" is just another means of determining, who the weak minded are, who will comply with anything that they're asked to do, no matter how ridiculous. It's amazing all the stupid things that the alleged "Elites" will do to prove that they're WOKE and willing to signal their virtue.

Watch the brainless drones on the VIEW and you'll see what the people indoctrinating you expect you to become. If you've ever told anyone, what your preferred pronouns are, then you have been indoctrinated. What other compelling reason would there be to do something so silly?

To play devil’s advocate you should remember that it’s not necessarily the person sometimes but the organization that “encourages” because I know a few people that if you asked them privately would not have done it. And no I am not gonna pretend that they should make a stand get in the wrong side of people.
Someone had to push that agenda to the people in power to get them to buy into it. Social Media has given the WOKE the power to CANCEL and Corporate Boardrooms are afraid. They should grow a set and realize it's a relatively small group of people, who're doing this and they're empowered, because no one has the guts to tell them to F off.

I don't use Twitter, but I'll be happy, when Musk buys them and minimizes the bias.

My wife had a 3rd grader this year that was a biological girl but her parents demanded she be called by her boy name and referred to as he. She's 8. The parents had pulled her out of her previous school when the school refused their demands. To confuse the situation even more, the student does dress like a girl on some days. That's just ridiculously poor parenting.
Their WOKEness is going to destroy an innocent child. Those people should be neutered, so they can't mess up any other kids.

The kids are to be called by they, them per their request and the school employees are required to do so. I’m sure if teachers fail to address the students in that manner they would be disrespectful of the student and complaints would be made.

It is more like Clown Point. 🤡
Why do I suspect that one of the parents is a Lawyer?

Reactions: SKYDOG
Agree.

While it's not that hard to grasp, my biggest issue is that IF you don't use their correct pronoun they get offended. But I'm not sure how you would unless you were talking about them, and not to them.

I've been through some training that basically says you should ask what pronouns they'd like to use after you've been introduced.

Question ... as a straight (or is it cis?) male/female does this seem normal? If you look like a man I'll assume it's he/him. If you look like a woman she/her. If I'm unsure then you get what you get and by nature I may use they/them to be honest.

But I'm not going to ask everyone I meet what their pronoun is. That's just absurd IMHO. If anything I would assume it would offend the vast majority.
This is just another mechanism devised by the WOKE Left to further divide us. If we're all pissed off at each other, we won't pay nearly as much attention to the shenanigans that the politicians are pulling. They can spend lots of $Trillions, if no one is paying attention.

Virtue signaling. Nobody ever talks about the fact that if someone wants to be referred to as they/them, it will literally be impossible to distinguish if someone is talking about an individual or a group of people. Language has no meaning anymore...

Since language doesn’t really matter anymore, I find it interesting/crazy that a significant portion of our population is offend by someone’s language.
🤪

I think it is more about someone’s ability to control how everyone treats a specific individual (often thems, thus they can be treated as “special”.)

I am waiting for someone to “develop” gender related pronouns that we will all have to memorize (such as bi-him, Omni-them, G-her).

Last edited:
Its validation seeking. They want people to validate their new idea. They really want kids to validate it for some reason.

Its the same with transvestites in schools.

And its grooming.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
You don't call someone he, she, they or them in class or when you you are speaking with them.

It's pretty simple really.

When you “address” someone, you use their name or "you". Nothing has changed and there is nothing complicated here. How are you today? Did you get your homework done? Why were you late for class?

The only difference is when you are talking about someone (see "them" above). Historically, the standard practice in English has been to assign a gender to them ( “her” or “him”). Recently “they/them” has been adopted for those who don’t want to be thought of as “her” or “him”. Think about it like this. Someone is knocking at the door. You may say to someone else "Can you answer the door and let them in?" Traditionally we would have used "them" here because we don't know the gender of the person knocking. It's kind of the same idea.

If your daughter in law is still uncomfortable using they or them, she can still call them by their name.

I hope this helps some of you old timers.
Just wait till November lol.. just wait .. nobody wants to hear this bullshit. I voted for Obama and I don’t want to hear it. I ask people all the time what they think of this .. people who have nothing bad to say about anyone different from themselves. Their reactions range from rolling their eyes to “yeah **** that shit.”

are the special elections where seats are being lost in districts that have been Democrat for 100 years sort of telling you anything? Oh that’s right .. when a congressional seat in Wichita goes Republican you’ll probably blame Vladimir Putin won’t you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT