ADVERTISEMENT

By the time you realize someone isn’t working out…

100% agree. I complained about him last year and this year yet was told he was the greatest thing ever essentially.

Now he's fired and we're left with a gap mid-season on an already struggling team. This is effectively WORSE than the Hazell years.

100% agree. I complained about him last year and this year yet was told he was the greatest thing ever essentially.

Now he's fired and we're left with a gap mid-season on an already struggling team. This is effectively WORSE than the Hazell years.
It’s funny how that group of posters has almost completely disappeared.

They don’t like people saying I told you so.

Don’t worry they will find something new to complain about. Or some new player To hype will be the greatest player ever.

The facts are he didn’t work out as a great coach. He had issues as a coach before he arrived at Purdue. I thought he would do well. I was wrong.

As for our current players, a team is only as good as its weakest players. I thought the two receivers who came via the portal from Georgia would be better. They were both 4 stars in high school. I guess we now know why they didn’t play much at Georgia.

The solution? Get a new strength and conditioning coach. Get a new offensive and defensive line coach. Change recruiting philosophies and recruit some offensive linemen who can actually pass block rather than just be big with nice 40 times.

I’ll admit, I didn’t follow any of the Purdue recruits in college. I really don’t know how they earned their stars. At least we stopped recruiting players who only had MAC offers. Maybe the lineman we recruited were run oriented blockers and not pass oriented blockers. It’s obvious the players we recruited. Did not match the schemes we wanted to employ. I believe our coaches realized that and adopted their planned playbook to make maximum use of the players talents.

For some reason, it just didn’t work. The national scouts were all predicting Purdue for 2-4 wins at most this year. Maybe they know a lot more than the experts and homers on this forum.

You have two options: throw in the towel or regroup.

Maybe it’s time to forget about redshirting. And start playing the freshmen in games we have a chance of winning. They can keep their redshirt status if they play 4 games or less.

Maybe it’s also time to stop focusing on recruiting any more QBs and DBs and start recruiting some linemen and linebackers.

I recall a ND team in the 70’s that got off to a really bad start to their season. And they were losing big to Purdue. And then their first two QBs on the depth chart were injured. So they were forced to play their third string QB . He was a guy named Joe named after a western state. I forgot. Was his name Joe Idaho? No. Joe Wyoming? No. What was that state?

My point? We should have given our second and third string QBs a chance to play against Notre Dame and Indiana st at least to get some experience. Both games were already out of reach. Maybe like Notre Dame it’s time to see what our third string QB can do. It’s clear Card isn’t getting the job done. If nothing else, it will give next year’s qb some game time experience. It’s not like we’re going to win.

Focus on beating Minnesota, northwestern, Illinois and IU. That’s 4 games and the player could keep his redshirt status and forget about a potential bowl game

One more ting. If you don’t like my outside the box ideas and solutions, stop reading them! You’ll be much happier! And start giving the national scouts some credit. They actually know more than you think they do.

While there were certainly folks defending Walters and optimistic that he'd do well, I dont remember anyone saying he was the greatest ever or even close to that.

They don’t like people saying I told you so.

Don’t worry they will find something new to complain about. Or some new player To hype will be the greatest player ever.

The facts are he didn’t work out as a great coach. He had issues as a coach before he arrived at Purdue. I thought he would do well. I was wrong.

As for our current players, a team is only as good as its weakest players. I thought the two receivers who came via the portal from Georgia would be better. They were both 4 stars in high school. I guess we now know why they didn’t play much at Georgia.

The solution? Get a new strength and conditioning coach. Get a new offensive and defensive line coach. Change recruiting philosophies and recruit some offensive linemen who can actually pass block rather than just be big with nice 40 times.

I’ll admit, I didn’t follow any of the Purdue recruits in college. I really don’t know how they earned their stars. At least we stopped recruiting players who only had MAC offers. Maybe the lineman we recruited were run oriented blockers and not pass oriented blockers. It’s obvious the players we recruited. Did not match the schemes we wanted to employ. I believe our coaches realized that and adopted their planned playbook to make maximum use of the players talents.

For some reason, it just didn’t work. The national scouts were all predicting Purdue for 2-4 wins at most this year. Maybe they know a lot more than the experts and homers on this forum.

You have two options: throw in the towel or regroup.

Maybe it’s time to forget about redshirting. And start playing the freshmen in games we have a chance of winning. They can keep their redshirt status if they play 4 games or less.

Maybe it’s also time to stop focusing on recruiting any more QBs and DBs and start recruiting some linemen and linebackers.

I recall a ND team in the 70’s that got off to a really bad start to their season. And they were losing big to Purdue. And then their first two QBs on the depth chart were injured. So they were forced to play their third string QB . He was a guy named Joe named after a western state. I forgot. Was his name Joe Idaho? No. Joe Wyoming? No. What was that state?

My point? We should have given our second and third string QBs a chance to play against Notre Dame and Indiana st at least to get some experience. Both games were already out of reach. Maybe like Notre Dame it’s time to see what our third string QB can do. It’s clear Card isn’t getting the job done. If nothing else, it will give next year’s qb some game time experience. It’s not like we’re going to win.

Focus on beating Minnesota, northwestern, Illinois and IU. That’s 4 games and the player could keep his redshirt status and forget about a potential bowl game

One more ting. If you don’t like my outside the box ideas and solutions, stop reading them! You’ll be much happier! And start giving the national scouts some credit. They actually know more than you think they do.
don't play Minny this year

While there were certainly folks defending Walters and optimistic that he'd do well, I dont remember anyone saying he was the greatest ever or even close to that.
As a defensive mind…oh yeah. He was anointed by a majority of the board even though he’s shown he’s anything but.

I give him probably more credit than should be due for getting rid of Harrell as quickly as he did though. He saw a (big) problem and adjusted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT