ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm

Eric Miller missed the block that led to the first turnover..

Broc Thompson falling down led to a turnover on downs.

what positive things did Miller and Thompson do, like throwing for 371, that counter balanced their mistakes.

this idea that the loss is Oconnell fault is ****in comical lol.. just stupid.
He missed the block, but what I’ve heard on here the last 3 weeks is AOC’s superior awareness and I believe the word you like to use is “feel” makes him better suited for the o-line we have. So if he’s got superior awareness he should have felt that defender coming. He didn’t, wasn’t even aware of him, got stripped. If he feels him he would have done what you criticize Plummer for and pull that ball in and “duck” as you said a second earlier. Taking a smart sack instead of turning it over. Live to fight another play. Same thing with his interception. He missed a wide open Sheffield for the game tying touchdown the play before, so he went Superman and tried to force something instead of taking what he was given and living to fight another play.

Reactions: DAG10
Again I’m not a defender of brohm. I don’t think he’s great. But to all you guys I ask again .. who are you gonna get?

cause I remember being unhappy at the end of tillers run and we got danny hope, then unhappy with that and we got hazell
Tiller was one of Purdue’s all time greats. I remember my dad who worked for a local radio station saying Tiller told Burke who do you think puts those fans in the seats? He was arguing for more pay for his assistants. I also remember Burke saying Purdue was considering adding an upper deck on the East side of the stadium. Just proves winning isn’t guaranteed and if you’re winning you need to invest in the future or risk returning to losing

Reactions: Poprudy
He missed the block, but what I’ve heard on here the last 3 weeks is AOC’s superior awareness and I believe the word you like to use is “feel” makes him better suited for the o-line we have. So if he’s got superior awareness he should have felt that defender coming. He didn’t, wasn’t even aware of him, got stripped. If he feels him he would have done what you criticize Plummer for and pull that ball in and “duck” as you said a second earlier. Taking a smart sack instead of turning it over. Live to fight another play. Same thing with his interception. He missed a wide open Sheffield for the game tying touchdown the play before, so he went Superman and tried to force something instead of taking what he was given and living to fight another play.
You can’t be this dumb … feel doesn’t mean you have the force. When the rush is coming past you at normal level you know when it’s time to step up. There is no way to feel a rush coming at you completely unblocked because that rarely happens. If you tried to feel that you’d never step up. Talk to a high school coach

If someone got mad about plummer getting hit by an unblocked defender over the tackle I certainly wasn’t agreeing with them

Tiller was one of Purdue’s all time greats. I remember my dad who worked for a local radio station saying Tiller told Burke who do you think puts those fans in the seats? He was arguing for more pay for his assistants. I also remember Burke saying Purdue was considering adding an upper deck on the East side of the stadium. Just proves winning isn’t guaranteed and if you’re winning you need to invest in the future or risk returning to losing
Yeah people wondering why we don’t have Luke fickell or whoever ready to tag in for brohm need to ask Morgan Burke. Mike bobinski never had a capital one bowl team that he failed to capitalize on

Reactions: BSIT
You can’t be this dumb … feel doesn’t mean you have the force. When the rush is coming past you at normal level you know when it’s time to step up. There is no way to feel a rush coming at you completely unblocked because that rarely happens. If you tried to feel that you’d never step up. Talk to a high school coach

If someone got mad about plummer getting hit by an unblocked defender over the tackle I certainly wasn’t agreeing with them
I didn’t say step up, I said pull the ball in. Prepare yourself for the hit, there was time to recognize it was a broken play, but he didn’t even feel the guy coming. Especially important, as I said after the game, because of the weather coming as the game progressed and the way we need to jump on teams early. Plummer is irrelevant to the conversation. As I also said Saturday it isn’t about one versus the other for me, it’s more the lack of a quality quarterback on our roster.

I didn’t say step up, I said pull the ball in. Prepare yourself for the hit, there was time to recognize it was a broken play, but he didn’t even feel the guy coming. Especially important, as I said after the game, because of the weather coming as the game progressed and the way we need to jump on teams early. Plummer is irrelevant to the conversation. As I also said Saturday it isn’t about one versus the other for me, it’s more the lack of a quality quarterback on our roster.
If you’re feeling the guy coming that fast you’re not looking up field. Talk to a high school coach .. again dumb**** it’s not the force

Reactions: Dandelion1972
Watch this:

Not this:

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?

Good qbs have a clock in their head that tells them time is running out. I agree with that. But when someone completely misses a block that timer isn’t going to help you. The only thing that would have helped him there was seeing it. Unfortunately if you watch the play, his first read was to the other side of the field. He had no chance there. He had both hands securely on the ball and wasn’t doing anything unsafe with it. He did all you would expect a qb to do in that situation. It didn’t work out. All qbs, even the ones playing on Sundays get stripped on a sack from time to time.

Good qbs have a clock in their head that tells them time is running out. I agree with that. But when someone completely misses a block that timer isn’t going to help you. The only thing that would have helped him there was seeing it. Unfortunately if you watch the play, his first read was to the other side of the field. He had no chance there. He had both hands securely on the ball and wasn’t doing anything unsafe with it. He did all you would expect a qb to do in that situation. It didn’t work out. All qbs, even the ones playing on Sundays get stripped on a sack from time to time.
This .. the Oconnell blame is unreal

Besides Wentz😉

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
What was more proximate to the loss yesterday …

anything you mentioned about a guy who threw for 371
Eric Miller whiffing on a block
Broc Thompson falling down
The secondary biting on a couple fakes
The OL being a laugh fest such that we aren’t a threat to run in the red zone

rank those
Same guy bit on 2 deep passes - Corey's replacement!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Mackey has been doing pretty well, but yes Brown has been terrific. Brown has the swag and seems to take it personal when someone gets a catch on him.
Mackey hasn’t let anything get behind him.. but I agree that his top end isn’t as good as brown

If everyone on offense was as good at their job as Aidan is at his, we’d have won 42-10 yesterday
Agreed but when he took those two big sacks all I could hear was my old H.S. Coach saying "Damn it, Your A Senior, Don`t Take The F*^#k*^g Sack"

Agreed but when he took those two big sacks all I could hear was my old H.S. Coach saying "Damn it, Your A Senior, Don`t Take The F*^#k*^g Sack"
He wouldn’t have to if we could run block like 2018… the defense would be forced to the LOS and there would be passing lanes galore

He wouldn’t have to if we could run block like 2018… the defense would be forced to the LOS and there would be passing lanes galore
Agreed, but those things that you mentioned are not happening and the 2018 OL will not be running out on the field ....... Ever.

Last edited:
Agreed, but those things that you mentioned are not happening and thew 2018 OL will not be running out on the field ....... Ever.
True, but it’s worth noting because im not gonna blame the functional pieces of the offense for something that makes them look worse than they are

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT