ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm needs to resign

purduepat1969

All-American
Sep 28, 2011
After this game, he should resign and do the honorable thing. Let Purdue out of the contract so we can pay a coach who wants to coach.

• Wow
Reactions: cidsports
We need to show commitment to football and buy him out. It's not like Purdue can't afford it.
Agreed. But Brohm doesn't deserve that money. And if he's the ethical guy he continues to make himself out to be, he should do the right thing.

Reactions: DAG10
Fact of the matter is Brohm is getting ready to be 19-25 at Purdue with the last 2 seasons being worse than first 2. Danny Hope was 22-27 with the last two years being better than the first 2. I do agree that letting Hope go was the right thing to do at the time because we were meddling in mediocrity. Hope was being compared to Tiller before him. Brohm is being compared to Hazell before him which anyone can do better than. Like I’ve said before, let’s see how they do next next year when his recruits will make up the whole team but honestly any hopes of competing for B1G West titles in the future are fading

Fact of the matter is Brohm is getting ready to be 19-25 at Purdue with the last 2 seasons being worse than first 2. Danny Hope was 22-27 with the last two years being better than the first 2. I do agree that letting Hope go was the right thing to do at the time because we were meddling in mediocrity. Hope was being compared to Tiller before him. Brohm is being compared to Hazell before him which anyone can do better than. Like I’ve said before, let’s see how they do next next year when his recruits will make up the whole team but honestly any hopes of competing for B1G West titles in the future are fading
NO,NO,NO I know you are a football fan,but no to another year of this crap.Find a good defenseive coach and hire him for half of what we pay this Kentucky loser. p.s. My grandson was #51 on the 2018 &2019 WeBO team.

Maybe look for a High School coach. it's working for us.(IU)

I'm not sure what happened to Brohm after year 1 and 2. But this is not the same coach that beat OSU. His behavior in press conferences has become bizarre. His play calling on offense couldn't get much worse. And now he's losing his team and players.

The hiring of Diaco was an absolute head scratcher. It again makes me concerned that Brohm was forced to make that hire. I'm hopeful that Bobinski doesn't have some sort of ND ties to Diaco and has brought him on board as a contingency hire for when Brohm bails. It couldn't get much worse at that point for Purdue...

• Sad
Reactions: SKYDOG
I don't chime in much because I'm not a Purdue fan. If I was a boiler fan I would worry he hasn't recruited the offensive line very well.

Reactions: Boiler8285
I'm not sure what happened to Brohm after year 1 and 2. But this is not the same coach that beat OSU. His behavior in press conferences has become bizarre. His play calling on offense couldn't get much worse. And now he's losing his team and players.

The hiring of Diaco was an absolute head scratcher. It again makes me concerned that Brohm was forced to make that hire. I'm hopeful that Bobinski doesn't have some sort of ND ties to Diaco and has brought him on board as a contingency hire for when Brohm bails. It couldn't get much worse at that point for Purdue...

OMG, Things are bad enough, no need for you to introduce that scenario!

Reactions: purduepat1969

"....when Brohm bails." Who's going to steal him away? Where's he going? Who'd want him at this point?

Purdue has some major issues right now. I was excited about the season but it has gone down the toilet fast. Defense sucks, special teams sucks and overall play calling is questionable at times. Very dissapoint

After this game, he should resign and do the honorable thing. Let Purdue out of the contract so we can pay a coach who wants to coach.
He does not even know what the "honorable thing" is at this point...listen to his post-game lame comments and it is clear that he genuinely has no idea what is going on at this point, much less how to in any way address or fix things.

I remember feeling like Hope was in over his head and did himself no favors when he spoke publicly...I remember realizing very quickly that Hazell was for certain in over his head and had no idea at all what he was doing...I see much of the same right now with aspects of both of those guys in Brohm right now...his failure to acknowledge the issues is concerning and bothersome...his total inability to fix any of them far more so.

When Coastal Carolina is a superior program with a superior HC and staff, I realize that Purdue will likely never be any sort of true player in the B1G...it was hands down the worst program in the conference when Brohm arrived...he has done little to change that in his time, and, right now, there is no reason to believe that he is able to do more to change it in whatever time he remains.

Reactions: Boiler8285
When Brohm arrived, Purdue had talent and were about to open a new weight facility and locker room that was going to change everything! All they supposedly needed was a new coach! At the time Brohm arrived, Purdue was better than Illinois, Rutgers and Indiana. Many felt we were on par with Maryland and Minn. where are we now? It’s time to stop blaming Hope and Hazell!

Yes Hope was a good coach with a average staff because Burke would not pay enough for a good assistant coach to come to Purdue. Burke did not like Hope or the fact that he was made to follow Tiller. Burke wanted Hope fired before he hired him. Burke set the course for a terrible football program.
As I have said before, interview Brock Spack and he could but won't tell you the B.S. that Burke did to the program. Heck ask Painter about Burke. Burke is the reason Painter almost went to Missouri. The John Purdue Club told Burke to pay Painter or for Burke to leave.
If someone with this publication would do a deep dive on all of this they couldn't believe the crap. Of course nobody will they need a pay check more than a true story.
Just the facts, Jack.

No lie, that was the plan at Nebraska. Bob and our AD at the time devised it as they knew Riley had a glass ceiling (turns out a very loooooowwww one). Diaco was described as a snake.

That said Diaco from day 1 was behind the scenes bitching about very legitimate concerns he had with our discipline, commitment to accountability, and the players conditioning. So the person saying snake could have been the person responsible for the egregious failures in Lincoln of that era.

I admittedly came over here to see if the Diaco moanfest was happening. Not quite schadenfreude (which Nebraska has no room for with 2 win Scott),just curious is all. I got my answer. .

Yes Hope was a good coach with a average staff because Burke would not pay enough for a good assistant coach to come to Purdue. Burke did not like Hope or the fact that he was made to follow Tiller. Burke wanted Hope fired before he hired him. Burke set the course for a terrible football program.
As I have said before, interview Brock Spack and he could but won't tell you the B.S. that Burke did to the program. Heck ask Painter about Burke. Burke is the reason Painter almost went to Missouri. The John Purdue Club told Burke to pay Painter or for Burke to leave.
If someone with this publication would do a deep dive on all of this they couldn't believe the crap. Of course nobody will they need a pay check more than a true story.
Just the facts, Jack.

Spot on. It will take us some time longer to recover from all of that mess. Roosevelt Coleman told me directly that Coach Hope would have much more success at Purdue if he could have gotten the assistants he wanted.

Reactions: BBG and drewjin
Hope was a better coach than you people thought. Hope was a country boy and not silver tongued which seem to bother the snobby Purdue crowd. You people should've kept Danny.

Hope was average and didn’t have the support of the AD. Was never going to make it with the AD we had at the time.

Reactions: purduepat1969
He wouldn't
He will not resign.He needs to be fired.His team is lacking in almost all phases of the game.It is time for alumni to write letters to Mitch Daniels.He is key to getting rid of Brohm.After the Indiana game is a good time to write.Indiana might score 100 points against us.

Purdue has some major issues right now. I was excited about the season but it has gone down the toilet fast. Defense sucks, special teams sucks and overall play calling is questionable at times. Very dissapoint
You forgot to mention all the stupid penalties

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT